Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

tour de france (bikeshite - ish)

note to self - mute the channel 5 host woman until the action starts ffs

rob hatch is already a bit too excited but at least theres some talent in sean kelly

Posted

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed any 21 inch front wheel weirdness before 

Posted

Last time out on the himi it took a little getting used to again as at first felt a bit lazy tipping in.  21 inch front shod with full on enduro tyre and worn 50/50 17 on the back. 

It also felt weird pulling away from your place on the NC. All just takes some getting used to I think.

Posted

Talking of riding small bikes. I'm having a great time pottering around on this while on holiday.

It's fast enough to keep up with traffic. So much so I keep taking detours when going to the shops 🤣.

20260704_165153.jpg.92f7056180a7f1818260afe39d03e67c.jpg

 

  • Like 9
Posted

Just found this pic from years past and two things struck me.

I really miss the Ural

This was the last time I had a haircut. Did it myself before leaving for this road trip around the coast of the UK.

Somewhere on the Norfolk coast I seem to recall.

IMG_2372.jpeg.c553242e9b008c406d7f5a2fdaa597ed.jpeg

Posted

Was looking at this also

Triple20260704_125605.jpg.608abd546960f859627424f6b97ec8f1.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Posted
Ex riding school bike?

They all have those over here. So when death grip new to riding happens they retain fingers I guess.
Posted

Fingers are ten a penny, levers and switch gear, bars cost big coin. 

Triples are cracking. Never owned my own one though enjoyed them lots. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted

500 hornet (not a real hornet) 

nx500

z650rs

voge r625 - theyre 4.6k new and they have more hp than the hornet so better on the motorway

hmmm

local place is bolton but i want to go to skelmersdale also to look at another cf moto

i was looking at adv voges but too heavy - also wondered about z1000sx but again weight and also 12 year old fat bike for the price of the voge

Posted

I found the 900 hornet very dissapointing.

Posted

I reckon the Versys would be a better choice - luggage, weather protection, less weight, lass looks nice :wink:

  • Like 1
Posted

That's a set of covers for my son's gsx1100,  polished ready for installation 

Ttfn Glenn 

IMG_20260709_120207.jpg

  • Like 4
Posted

One in...

 

20260709_121500.jpg

Posted
32 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

One in...

 

20260709_121500.jpg

Oooo the FS1 custom model (cant remeber the designation, first thought was DX but thats a disc brake one i think)

Posted

versys is gone (not surprise)

theyve dropped the price of the hornet but it still means 5 hours on the train to collect it and would mean keeping the 450 till it sold - dont wanna do that - all the shops selling them want far too much money what the privates are asking is what theyre worth

hornet is ace - 25k on a new 03 in 18 months when was younger and more nuts

bought a shagged one 5 years after that that got exported

someone is selling 450mt for 4700 - complete bargain - if i can suss whats going on with the front but again would still have gorilla

Posted

I tried a versys a few years back vs a tiger vs a crosstourer.

Bought the crosstourer because it sounded better than the others, the versys was a very comfy but dull bike personally. The Tiger rode like it was stolen, lively turn in. You like a bit more upright?

Posted
1 hour ago, hairnet said:

versys is gone (not surprise)

theyve dropped the price of the hornet but it still means 5 hours on the train to collect it and would mean keeping the 450 till it sold - dont wanna do that - all the shops selling them want far too much money what the privates are asking is what theyre worth

hornet is ace - 25k on a new 03 in 18 months when was younger and more nuts

bought a shagged one 5 years after that that got exported

someone is selling 450mt for 4700 - complete bargain - if i can suss whats going on with the front but again would still have gorilla

That Z650 is the best looking of the bikes you shared. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Oooo the FS1 custom model (cant remeber the designation, first thought was DX but thats a disc brake one i think)

FS1 SE I think. Also known as 'the chicken' and 'Fizzy chopper'. The DX was indeed the disc brake version of the 'proper' FS1E.

Posted
2 hours ago, bangernomics said:

 You like a bit more upright?

had cb500 and was ok but that was 10 years ago

sat on a hornet 500 and while the same bike the bars felt too narrow and pegs slightly high

sat on a voge and the bars were fine - seat height is ok - need to get a go on one see if pegs are ok

but then might run away and buy the nx500 in chester with the full luggage :D

 

Posted
3 hours ago, hairnet said:

had cb500 and was ok but that was 10 years ago

sat on a hornet 500 and while the same bike the bars felt too narrow and pegs slightly high

sat on a voge and the bars were fine - seat height is ok - need to get a go on one see if pegs are ok

but then might run away and buy the nx500 in chester with the full luggage :D

 

Is that at Smiths? 

Posted

Now i couldn't tell you if this was a big old Harley or Chinese 125 V twin though thought it looked pretty cool. 

IMG_2499.jpeg.b316d3878b4e4b231adffe3446f8a908.jpeg

Nice hand painted octopus on it too.

IMG_2488.jpeg.ce7a45b08d5d42f829ca80086ac4f42e.jpeg

I have zero desire to own anything like this though am pleased they exist.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Posted
10 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Now i couldn't tell you if this was a big old Harley or Chinese 125 V twin though thought it looked pretty cool. 

IMG_2499.jpeg.b316d3878b4e4b231adffe3446f8a908.jpeg

Nice hand painted octopus on it too.

IMG_2488.jpeg.ce7a45b08d5d42f829ca80086ac4f42e.jpeg

I have zero desire to own anything like this though am pleased they exist.

 

IMG_4486.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Posted

Oh yeah, as I would struggle get a folding pushbike into my spare storage, and my mate has some of my bikes in his garage, it'd make sense to not buy any more. So here's another that I picked up today 🙄

Screenshot_20260711_121714_Facebook.jpg.91914cebdcaba8c3deb924ffdbb8bbbf.jpg

Posted

Went to do the fork seals on the CBR today, turns out the headstock paddock stand won't clear the fairing, ok, I'll take the fairing off (and break a bit, because old) then it won't clear the oil cooler, ok I'll move it out of the way, then it won't actually lift off the ground as the bottom of the headstock is too high from the floor, ok, I'll jack it from underneath (like I could have without even removing the fairing) less desirable but hey ho.

Then I realise the radiator looks a bit sub optimal.

Then I removed and stripped the forks, then painted the legs, that's enough for today, too hot for this shit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...