Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

The only colour to have a GPZ Unitrac in is Firecracker. Even the AR50s looked amazing in that shade.

I also have another 1100 in silver, which looks good , although I agree the red is best, I think the 750 turbo colours run a very close second, 

When it comes to non standard colours , the one I am painting was yellow, definitely an acquired taste, I really don't like them in Kawasaki green either, but I do have a set of bodywork with all the colours done with candy over metal flake, which was in a chocolate brown colour, when I got the bike 

Ttfn Glenn 

Posted

Decided to start stripping the CB125T today, after seeing if the engine was free. The side casing came off ok, got access to the 14mm(?) crank bolt 'thing'  and after a drop of oil down the bores I tried to turn it and it was fine! The tank and exhaust have failed utterly miserably, both far far worse than the CZ Jawa

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Side panels off, only one lug broke and that should be easily fixable. Exhaust nuts came off alright, but the first engine bolt I've tried is a proper bastard, it'll be a 2 man job as need someone to hold the nut on the other end.

May be an image of dirt bike, motorcycle and text

 

Drained all the fuel out of the MBX50, took the tank off and put all the stuff together to take to the painters, just need to get the decal set now.  Had a right result getting a fuel tap for it, the only new one I was aware of left David Silver wanted something like £95 for. eBay came up trumps with a brand spanker genuine one for £29.99 with postage (they wanted £45 I think originally) so that's a great result.  

  • Like 3
Posted

Been thinking about parting with my Vespa 125 due to lack of use.

It's a 2015 model, but has only been used when on holiday so has only covered 3000 miles from new.

Obviously still in very good condition. Some decent extras fitted like matching top box and screen.

Having looked they are aren't cheap new (£5k!), but haven't got a clue where to price it - does anyone have any idea?

20260704_165153.jpg.f3538f850ce424831ba06c8b4af3da86.jpgIMG-20260331-WA0004.jpg.c32c949e878ca5b8880066ebf058ac44.jpgIMG-20260331-WA0003.jpg.4bcade0a98335fa08192a0abc4001e97.jpgIMG-20260331-WA0001.jpg.f51b3a6dca946af920e72447604aa857.jpg

Posted

Looks like Triumph are launching a 'mini-Bonneville'...

Bonneville T40 | 400 cc Modern Classics | Triumph Motorcycles

They seem to be 400cc, though one website is claiming 350.  The headlight and radiator look a bit weird in this photos, but as this is one of my favourite colours of Bonnies, it'll be interesting to see what they're like

Triumph has just launched the all-new Bonneville T40 and T40 Black,  bringing the iconic Bonneville name to the 350cc segment. Here's everything  you need to know about the new motorcycle 👇 ➡️

Posted

If you're not in a rush put it up for something like £2795 and try to get an offer around £2500

Edit - the Vespa.

Posted
5 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Decided to start stripping the CB125T today, after seeing if the engine was free. The side casing came off ok, got access to the 14mm(?) crank bolt 'thing'  and after a drop of oil down the bores I tried to turn it and it was fine! The tank and exhaust have failed utterly miserably, both far far worse than the CZ Jawa

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Side panels off, only one lug broke and that should be easily fixable. Exhaust nuts came off alright, but the first engine bolt I've tried is a proper bastard, it'll be a 2 man job as need someone to hold the nut on the other end.

May be an image of dirt bike, motorcycle and text

 

Drained all the fuel out of the MBX50, took the tank off and put all the stuff together to take to the painters, just need to get the decal set now.  Had a right result getting a fuel tap for it, the only new one I was aware of left David Silver wanted something like £95 for. eBay came up trumps with a brand spanker genuine one for £29.99 with postage (they wanted £45 I think originally) so that's a great result.  

When looking for parts, I always look on something like cmsnl which will give you the part number and a list of other bikes that part is used on, can give you a much wider range of options 

Ttfn Glenn 

Posted
5 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Looks like Triumph are launching a 'mini-Bonneville'...

Bonneville T40 | 400 cc Modern Classics | Triumph Motorcycles

They seem to be 400cc, though one website is claiming 350.  The headlight and radiator look a bit weird in this photos, but as this is one of my favourite colours of Bonnies, it'll be interesting to see what they're like

Triumph has just launched the all-new Bonneville T40 and T40 Black,  bringing the iconic Bonneville name to the 350cc segment. Here's everything  you need to know about the new motorcycle 👇 ➡️

If only they weren't screwing their customers over, heard they will cost over 5 thousand, which if correct, means they are charging more for import plus taxes and profits than the bike costs to buy in India 

Ttfn Glenn 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...