Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
Lol at sctsch. B and b lady 
 
Talking about mad guests ( cough)
She made some one a breakfast so full bacon sausage tattie scone mushrooms tomato tea
Oh I'm vegetarian gluten free and lactose intolerant 
Ding ding ding hatrick right there lol

Posted
I'd be interested in that CBR... 

Its like the dealers are running a rehab clinic.
  • Haha 2
Posted

WhatsAppImage2026-06-18at09_33_21.jpeg.a88c5d763b6e97a9acdf11608759a6ca.jpeg

Had a couple of hours out with a mate on his MT-10 last night, I had 10-15 mins on the MT-10... jesus christ, what a weapon. Quickest thing I've ever ridden.

Posted

into blackpool honda to have a look at 500 hornet and 750 hornet to see if i fit

750 i dont bars are too low @Jerzy Woking and the pegs high and far back

500 hornet is ok but would need risers

didnt have a sit on cl500 as cant get over the ignition and steering lock positions (it would be ideal apart from that)

he wouldnt budge on the 500 and bid me on me arse for the gurilla

'fuck it nick i think ill keep it........'

he was told if i had no px and i bid you 4500 on the 500 what would you say

seeing as i could hand you wallet right now - hed already asked about pcp or finance and been told cash

he said nothing

i thanked him and left

he needs to sell stuff - i dont need to sell that badly

why is simple shit so difficult

 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted
26 minutes ago, hairnet said:

into blackpool honda to have a look at 500 hornet and 750 hornet to see if i fit

750 i dont bars are too low @Jerzy Woking and the pegs high and far back

500 hornet is ok but would need risers

didnt have a sit on cl500 as cant get over the ignition and steering lock positions (it would be ideal apart from that)

he wouldnt budge on the 500 and bid me on me arse for the gurilla

'fuck it nick i think ill keep it........'

he was told if i had no px and i bid you 4500 on the 500 what would you say

seeing as i could hand you wallet right now - hed already asked about pcp or finance and been told cash

he said nothing

i thanked him and left

he needs to sell stuff - i dont need to sell that badly

why is simple shit so difficult

 

Dealerships (bike & car) just don’t seem interested in doing a deal these days like they used to. It’s their price or nothing it seems, as you proved, ok pal, it’s nothing then, bye 

Posted

I’m biased obviously but surely a 500x would suit you @hairnet

image.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

newer nx is too tall

was looking at cf moto 450 cos they can be lowered without spending money

but nearly 6k and likely theyd try to bum me over the gorilla

cba with that

thinking of this - someone tried to nick it so cat n its had locks replaced seems to ride ok spesh when he hoofed it past the truck between the roundabouts

Posted

its also far cheaper than blackpool hondas that i didnt look at and done less than 2k miles

and has the rack i was gonna buy so save 50 quid

Posted
2 hours ago, hairnet said:

its also far cheaper than blackpool hondas that i didnt look at and done less than 2k miles

and has the rack i was gonna buy so save 50 quid

Sounds like you need to get it bought 

Posted
into blackpool honda to have a look at 500 hornet and 750 hornet to see if i fit
750 i dont bars are too low [mention=19526]Jerzy Woking[/mention] and the pegs high and far back
500 hornet is ok but would need risers
didnt have a sit on cl500 as cant get over the ignition and steering lock positions (it would be ideal apart from that)
he wouldnt budge on the 500 and bid me on me arse for the gurilla
'fuck it nick i think ill keep it........'
he was told if i had no px and i bid you 4500 on the 500 what would you say
seeing as i could hand you wallet right now - hed already asked about pcp or finance and been told cash
he said nothing
i thanked him and left
he needs to sell stuff - i dont need to sell that badly
why is simple shit so difficult
 

Sign the form for tick, do deal, settle tick on collection day and enjoy your discount.
  • Like 1
Posted
6 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Dealerships (bike & car) just don’t seem interested in doing a deal these days like they used to. It’s their price or nothing it seems, as you proved, ok pal, it’s nothing then, bye 

Plus trying to shove you into PCP/finance so they get even more out of the deal.

 

Hey, Netto, soz if I've mentioned it before, but have you considered a TRK502 or 702?

Posted

Nobody wants to sell outright, they all want you on finance to get the fee plus it's easier to upsell when it's only a few quid a month extra also if you default they can get the bike back

Ttfn Glenn 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Posted

Every new car or bike I've ever bought has been paid for up front before I've even driven or ridden it.  

 

My bike isn't even in the country!

  • Like 2
Posted
2 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Plus trying to shove you into PCP/finance so they get even more out of the deal.

Having never bought a vehicle from a dealer, I can't really imagine how you tackle this conversation. 

Do they just start start quoting Monthlies at you, expecting you to play along? What happens when you say you're paying outright, do they lose all interest or start really pushing the finance? 

As one of the very few people my age who's never bought anything on tick, it really puts me off the whole concept of dealer purchases...

Posted
On 06/06/2026 at 22:53, DodgeRover said:

My friend and old boss has passed away; Jeff Hall of Jeff Hall motorcycles in Sheffield. If you were anything to do with road bikes trials, motox or green laning in South Yorkshire pre 2000 you would have been in the shop. It was the place of dreams when I was a kid to go and look at the bikes we couldn't afford 

img_1_1780780086229.jpg.b44358e460344108cb90777ce3126119.jpg

 

Couldn't find an older photo when it used to say Bultaco Montesa Fantic as well as Honda Suzuki and Yamaha. If my memory is correct he got his Yamaha dealership when they offered him bikes on a 12 months interest free credit and sale or return.

Legendary in the South Yorks TRF for doing 200+ miles green laning every Wednesday on his XL125R then later on a Serrow,.then it would be back in the workshop getting repaired.

Sponsored Sheffield speedway meetings and we had riders pop in regularly, the most memorable being to pick up old tyres to take back to Russia for protection in ice speedway, what did you think to Buxton then René? - it is cold, it is wet, it is a shit hole like Russia.

Sadly missed.

I still wear the leather jacket I bought there in 1995 or 1996.

Posted

Bugger. Went to get the Viffer out for a spin, and it's leaking fuel.

P_20260614_193349.jpg.9a621d1171a166542f735724b2ae1a55.jpg

Taking a closer look and it seems to be from the link pipes between the carbs. That looks like fun to fix...

Good job all its done is rain recently so I'm not missing much.

Oh.

Screenshot_20260619-010728_Chrome.jpg.200d3c555e0f2cd21ca945286258d6fd.jpg

Posted

Passed the MOT this morning. Same advisory as last year for the silencer being slightly loose. 

Only 651 miles since last time. Must do better...

Screenshot_20260619-101612.Chrome.png.5f710818edb07499d383c14d5e01f8ad.png

Posted

I followed a Honda Crosstourer in this morning , looked and sounded lovely but  I reckon id miss the 80+mpg of the 500x

  • Like 2
Posted
25 minutes ago, MrGTI6 said:

Passed the MOT this morning. Same advisory as last year for the silencer being slightly loose. 

Only 651 miles since last time. Must do better...

Screenshot_20260619-101612.Chrome.png.5f710818edb07499d383c14d5e01f8ad.png

So glad to see this is still serving you well. I do still miss it a bit, mainly the induction roar when it gets going 😁 

Posted
57 minutes ago, andyberg said:

So glad to see this is still serving you well. I do still miss it a bit, mainly the induction roar when it gets going 😁 

Would you believe I've had it over 3 years now!? 

It's very easy to forget that it's a 27-year-old bike. Looks and feels much newer to me.

I'm going to order some new grips because most of the existing ones are now stuck to my gloves!

Posted
Just now, MrGTI6 said:

Would you believe I've had it over 3 years now!? 

It's very easy to forget that it's a 27-year-old bike.

I'm going to order some new grips because most of the existing ones are now stuck to my gloves!

It really doesn’t seem that long ago! 

Posted

No association with seller.

Screenshot_2026-06-19-11-49-46-903_com.facebook.katana.jpg.7c5cbe2d94f0e4b977e4b3d1df0ceee5.jpg

Looks like a megabarg, 177mph for £800 is only £4.50/mph

Posted

That does look incredible value for money, I'm going to have to try one at some point, but just spent up again for a while.

Posted
19 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

No association with seller.

Screenshot_2026-06-19-11-49-46-903_com.facebook.katana.jpg.7c5cbe2d94f0e4b977e4b3d1df0ceee5.jpg

Looks like a megabarg, 177mph for £800 is only £4.50/mph

My Project Bird is a 2002 in blue.  Bought best part of ten years ago for £1200, has same kind of miles, but has the later digi dash which having owned both a Red 2000W and Black 2006 56 I def prefer the digi dash.  Back when I owned the black one I quickly got to dislike tha vast amount of black bodywork that never looked clean.  I’d never really owned something so black, got to the point where I almost hated it.  You’d spend time cleaning and polishing and then by the time you tidied the various products away the poxy thing had a layer of dust on it again.  So a plan was formed, buy a full set of panels and get them sprayed Candy red like my 2000 one.  So That’s what I did. Picked a Mazda RX8 Red with some sparkle to it, although the painter got the wrong one and after months n months waiting for it it turned up in a std candy red.  Oh well, by then my first Pan had appeared and I’d pretty much stopped riding the black one.  So I sold it and bought the blue project one putting a good £3k back in the bank.  So that’s where I’ve been ever since.  Got all the panels, and wheels ready to go, plus all my Farkles like adjustable bars with OE heated grips. Lower pegs for my ageing knees. Full set of braided hoses for everything including oil lines. A mosfet regrec to cure the one issue these Hondas suffer and a finned genny cover which I had made for the previous one to also help the genny last longer.  I even kept the OE Pans Red top box and have modded a mount for it, I’ve also acquired the OE stop light spoiler kit for it too, just needs painting to match.  I’ve also got a full set of hand made stainless steel bolts with the six spot detail that match the OE styled fairing bolts around the bike for things like the screen and frame hole plugs. Absolute gems.  Just needs a few weeks spare time to strip the blue bits off and set to rebuilding starting with the forks and brakes refurb.  I’m hoping to get on it once I’ve cleared out the other bikes I need to sell.  

  • Like 3
Posted
Having never bought a vehicle from a dealer, I can't really imagine how you tackle this conversation. 
Do they just start start quoting Monthlies at you, expecting you to play along? What happens when you say you're paying outright, do they lose all interest or start really pushing the finance? 
As one of the very few people my age who's never bought anything on tick, it really puts me off the whole concept of dealer purchases...

Most places show the tick price not the total or rather the total is usually smaller than the payments on the signage.

They want you to pcp so you have a natural return point to “buy” another.
Posted
I followed a Honda Crosstourer in this morning , looked and sounded lovely but  I reckon id miss the 80+mpg of the 500x

Mine was an awesome machine but had a serious drinking problem. And it was heavy as hell.

Still miss winding it up, slowest curve ever. It just pulled to an indicated 130/140 and felt like it had more to come. My lack of skills made me back off when I looked at the speedo and thought I was doing 90 a second ago.

d553fa2b051e33247619e3bdd2e2caa7.jpg
Posted

image.png.6c46e33089ff3b81a1c5418e4dc36d57.png

with 500 quid of extras

ffs why didnt i see this last week id rode near enough right past it

Posted

https://www.billsmithmotors.co.uk/bikes-in-stock/honda/nx500/315605.htm

Screenshot2026-06-2011_50_20AM.png.5df07544eb93607bd699628afb0aa308.png

 

garbage pic alert - when you take a photo it needs the whole bike in it and the dash pic - you sit on the bike not lean over from the side 

they had a voge also and the pics are identical

surely they should take them outside when they clean/prep them?

not exactly a bombsite dealer

@twosmoke300 bad mutha - found out the linkage can be changed on these

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...