warren t claim

The Bikeshite Thread

You can still buy a Montesa - not sure about the comfort/fuel range though....

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/off-road/cota-4rt-2015/overview.html

post-3405-0-25493300-1552567700_thumb.jpg

post-3405-0-68224400-1552567715_thumb.jpg

Or a Reiju

https://www.rieju.co.uk/

post-3405-0-50565200-1552567816_thumb.jpg

I think that exhausts the list of Spanish manufacturers.

Later....

I tell a lie, I forgot about Derbi not sure about the comfort/fuel range though (again)

http://www.derbi.com/en_EN/

post-3405-0-66928300-1553197683_thumb.jpg

Edited by martc

Looks like a Cagiva Elefant 125 with a coating of Nato green and a rack.

Think the engine is as Mito, most will have been imports from France or Italy anyway so full power (30ish hp?)

Pretty rare in the UK in any form I think, a jap equivalent will be easier to find for sure.

Elefant and mitos are all water cooled lumps with 7 speed gearboxes, this is a much older tech engine in newer clothes in military spec (ie rugged and simple - unlike the water cooled ones!)

Nice, mate has a Thundercat that I fix for him every now and again, its about the same age and mileage as yours, they are good all round bikes, and a lot quicker than the Versys.

I bought a Thundercat from Madmopedracer up in Glasgow, as a mate wanted one. Rode it back to London in glorious sunshine all the way. It was physically quite large, lovely ergonomics (for me) and very economical. Really didn't want to let him have it, but a deal is a deal, and I had a nice day out in Helensborough seeing veg oil filtered and made into a fuel suitable for his diesel Mercedes.

Meant to say the old battery was flat as a witches tit.

So the bike would only start on the kick and the horn just sounded like a poorly goose.

MoT this week all being well

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

And in the b and b near coleraine

Nice lady sees lid and says oh we do that too...

Joey's sister just happens to run the b and b lol

That happened on a trip few years ago stayed near limavady and the couple there were cousins of the dunlops

Small world

post-4817-0-56293300-1553017548_thumb.jpg

Current high bidder on a shonky Honda NC50 express.

I would like to win it. I'm fucked off massively with this Atala. It's electrics are toast and pretty much unobtainable.

Looks nice though.

Edit. Lost it by a fiver. Keep looking...

Anyone with a Puch or Tomos engine and electrical system for sale?

Soon I should have a garage for working on bikes, I'm very tempted to find an older machine of some sort to get back into the art of pulling things to bits and reassembling them. Something simple, and crucially, cheap. 

Any suggestions?

Current high bidder on a shonky Honda NC50 express.

I would like to win it. I'm fucked off massively with this Atala. It's electrics are toast and pretty much unobtainable.

Looks nice though.

Edit. Lost it by a fiver. Keep looking...

Anyone with a Puch or Tomos engine and electrical system for sale?

I am astounded by the price of shonky mopeds and when my field bike died I thought I would just get another for pennies. Not a chance, my Honda Vision is now under repair.

Soon I should have a garage for working on bikes, I'm very tempted to find an older machine of some sort to get back into the art of pulling things to bits and reassembling them. Something simple, and crucially, cheap.

Any suggestions?

Older gen cbf 5/600 cheap and resilient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestions?

2 STOKE gamma or tz

Is there such a thing as a cheap two-stroke anymore? 

Just checked eBay:

Cheapest TZ - not far short of £7k!

Gamma - £2k upwards.

Aprilia RS - good ones now commanding more than when they were new - dog rough ones still well over £1k.

Yamaha DT - £1k+ even for basket cases.

The Aprilia RS125 is one i'd like especially - I'm too tall to ride it really but I really wanted one for when I hit 17. 

Even old 4-stroke stuff like Yamaha SR500s have gone from the bargain basement. Seems it's all things like Bandits, Diversions and older faired stuff like ZZR600s/Thundercats.