Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
17 hours ago, Mudster said:

I had no idea that would be legal. Will definitely be back at some point and will give it a go 👍

Done it a few times on enduro bikes , expect some Karen tutting .

Posted
6 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Done it a few times on enduro bikes , expect some Karen tutting .

With stuff like this, I would be polite and respectful; but if it's permitted, I would stick to my guns.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted

Yeh same here . I love getting my OS maps out and explaining what a byway open to all traffic is 😂

Posted
On 24/07/2026 at 14:43, 93fxdl said:

Run up to Christmas, and post new year.

People wanting money for Christmas, post Christmas credit card bills and then wanting cash for upcoming holidays.

Wonder if the collapse of superbike warehouse will have an effect on prices and availability 

Ttfn Glenn 

Was going to mention Superbike Factory, all the stock will have to be sold, auction maybe?

Posted
17 hours ago, 5speedracer said:

Was going to mention Superbike Factory, all the stock will have to be sold, auction maybe?

Stock quite possibly owned by a different entity, we buy any bike has been mentioned, often companies have little in owned assets, often rented or leased, 

Don't think we shall be seeing huge numbers of bikes flooding BCA or such, wouldn't be surprised if the trade gets to cherry pick everything available, then whatevers left will go through a disposal auction 

  • Like 1
Posted

Was in Rome the last few days and loved seeing all the scooters and bikes bombing around. A good 8 out of 10 of them were Honda’s - SH300i’s were particularly popular. They also seemed very relaxed with bike gear - a helmet and that’s it

Posted
On 27/07/2026 at 21:00, Mudster said:

With stuff like this, I would be polite and respectful; but if it's permitted, I would stick to my guns.

 

On 27/07/2026 at 21:30, twosmoke300 said:

Yeh same here . I love getting my OS maps out and explaining what a byway open to all traffic is 😂

If they are proper going off on one I like deploying a bit of silence till they run out of steam. Often I can’t be arsed to interact with dickheads these days. Just smile and bid them good day. 

  • Agree 2
Posted

"fuck you very much" as you leave but said in a really cheery voice always confuses them.

Posted
On 21/07/2026 at 20:28, Just-another-joe said:

Not sure if it's till out there Y203LDP

image.png.c82e4165af607e91c9b351bc73055362.png

Sad face.

  • Sad 1
Posted

Unlike dave if I stopped for a pint in them

Expensive taxi lmao

Posted

Today's plan was to take the BM,  and do Whitchurch/Shrewsbury/Minsterley/Hope/Churchstoke/Newtown/Weshpool/Oswestry/home. Except, no doubt because of the fact I've not ridden in ages, plus (especially) the half-arsed USB port, the battery was as flat as bollocks and even the boost pack didn't make any odds. 

Time to wheel the Massey Davidson out instead. The forward control gear change bolt was loose, so I tightened it up and went to the garage for fuel. Only I overtightened it, so it wouldn't go above 3rd gear. Luckily I took the 12mm spanner with me, so sorted that at the side of the road. Tanked it with Shell's finest E5 and just headed out of town to Gresford (or Marford, or wherever it is) then Holt, Farndon , down to the river and home.  Gave it a bit down the quieter back roads and thoroughly enjoyed it. Quick stop by one of the entrances to the Duke's house.

May be an image of motorcycle, road and text

May be an image of motorcycle, road and text

Came home, wheeled the Royal Alloy out and  went for a blast just to see what it's like.  It supposedly has an oil leak and there's signs of it from somewhere) so it stank of oil when hot but no visible signs of it on the floor. It also packed up just after I'd filtered my way to the front at the roundabout, so I had to push it across a couple of lanes of traffic. Eventually re-started, but packed up again later and was pondering leaving it and walking home for the van, but once more it fired up shortly after. Did about ten miles (including another tea break, obvs) and got it back home. Temp seemed quite high, but two of my mates says theirs are the same and the fan kicked in so maybe no worries. Curiously smell of oil seemed to have gone when I got back. Anyway, it pulls pretty well for a 125, only got it up to about 50mph but it definitely wants to do more.

May be an image of scooter

No photo description available.

Tubes and tyre lever set have arrived, so should really tackle the puncture on the C200, but have ordered some new brake shoes so might as well wait for them to arrive.

Posted

Had this for about a month now. I will admit I wasn’t too sure to start off with. Seemed to fall into corners and felt so lumpy ( never mind heavy). Anyhow done some research and found I needed to increase tyre pressure by about 4psi from standard and to ride the bike with 2500 rpm at least showing. Well it’s been a revelation! Just been out for 2 hours and it’s now just ‘fallen into place’ absolutely had a blast. It’s properly at home on 50mph+ A roads sweeping through bends. Only downside is my commute to work is mostly <40mph country roads so not ideal. 
Thank you to @garycox for being an absolute gent with the purchase. 
Planning a trip to the new forest in a couple of weeks with my wife, can’t wait now. 

IMG_3995.jpeg

Posted
2 hours ago, andyberg said:

Had this for about a month now. I will admit I wasn’t too sure to start off with. Seemed to fall into corners and felt so lumpy ( never mind heavy). Anyhow done some research and found I needed to increase tyre pressure by about 4psi from standard and to ride the bike with 2500 rpm at least showing. Well it’s been a revelation! Just been out for 2 hours and it’s now just ‘fallen into place’ absolutely had a blast. It’s properly at home on 50mph+ A roads sweeping through bends. Only downside is my commute to work is mostly <40mph country roads so not ideal. 
Thank you to @garycox for being an absolute gent with the purchase. 
Planning a trip to the new forest in a couple of weeks with my wife, can’t wait now. 

IMG_3995.jpeg

That looks very smart

Posted
4 hours ago, andyberg said:

Had this for about a month now. I will admit I wasn’t too sure to start off with. Seemed to fall into corners and felt so lumpy ( never mind heavy). Anyhow done some research and found I needed to increase tyre pressure by about 4psi from standard and to ride the bike with 2500 rpm at least showing. Well it’s been a revelation! Just been out for 2 hours and it’s now just ‘fallen into place’ absolutely had a blast. It’s properly at home on 50mph+ A roads sweeping through bends. Only downside is my commute to work is mostly <40mph country roads so not ideal. 
Thank you to @garycox for being an absolute gent with the purchase. 
Planning a trip to the new forest in a couple of weeks with my wife, can’t wait now. 

IMG_3995.jpeg

I was the same with my first Boxer- and R1100RS. Bought it unseen and rode it home, and on the way i was already writing the advert in my head .  By the time i'd got the 250 miles home I thought it was the best bike ever..  You'll be riding it like a BMX soon!

Posted
1 hour ago, Barry Cade said:

I was the same with my first Boxer- and R1100RS. Bought it unseen and rode it home, and on the way i was already writing the advert in my head .  By the time i'd got the 250 miles home I thought it was the best bike ever..  You'll be riding it like a BMX soon!

I was almost at the same point if I’m honest. But once it ‘fits’ it’s just a wonderful ride. 

  • Like 2
Posted
3 hours ago, Cookiesouwest said:

That looks very smart

I have always liked the look of them. And for a bike that is almost 30 years old it stands up well. 

Posted

My recent purchase. A Tenere 3YF.

Was looking for something I could take out on the lanes but also still do a road ride or take the Mrs on and it seems ideal for that. Have clocked up a few miles already. I was trying to get out as much as possible when the football was on as well.
Need some nore off road biased tyres. These have been fine at the moment but when it gets wet and muddy they will struggle.

IMG-20260723-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20260723-WA0011.jpg

Posted
29 minutes ago, tom13 said:

My recent purchase. A Tenere 3YF.

Was looking for something I could take out on the lanes but also still do a road ride or take the Mrs on and it seems ideal for that. Have clocked up a few miles already. I was trying to get out as much as possible when the football was on as well.
Need some nore off road biased tyres. These have been fine at the moment but when it gets wet and muddy they will struggle.

IMG-20260723-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20260723-WA0011.jpg

Lovely, a real Tenere from a better managed time, not one of the bloated 700's 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Lovely, a real Tenere from a better managed time, not one of the bloated 700's 

I quite like the new ones but the World Rally is too big for my liking. The tank is massive.

Posted
10 minutes ago, tom13 said:

I quite like the new ones but the World Rally is too big for my liking. The tank is massive.

I had a go on my neighbours 700, hes got some accessories on it and a nice rear shock and dont get me wrong, it rides nicely, but by christ it feels top heavy for a big offroader

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

I had a go on my neighbours 700, hes got some accessories on it and a nice rear shock and dont get me wrong, it rides nicely, but by christ it feels top heavy for a big offroader

I rode a mates Africa Twin off road and I liked it. Most green lanes are pretty easy (I'm not tooting my own horn it's just I have ridden off road bikes all my life) and the Africa twin made the easy lanes a bit more engaging. However if you aren't confident or you get it stuck, you would be in a world of trouble.

  • Agree 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, tom13 said:

I rode a mates Africa Twin off road and I liked it. Most green lanes are pretty easy (I'm not tooting my own horn it's just I have ridden off road bikes all my life) and the Africa twin made the easy lanes a bit more engaging. However if you aren't confident or you get it stuck, you would be in a world of trouble.

Yep, thats sums me up. I used to ride green lanes regularly in my early 20's and even then only on things like XR/KLX/DR so all 250's-400's at most.

Green lanes on a big bike would indeed be a whole world of trouble for me, the simple bits and gravel roads near me are the most I'd tackle now

Posted
17 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Yep, thats sums me up. I used to ride green lanes regularly in my early 20's and even then only on things like XR/KLX/DR so all 250's-400's at most.

Green lanes on a big bike would indeed be a whole world of trouble for me, the simple bits and gravel roads near me are the most I'd tackle now

You can see why bikes like the Xpulse are so popular with people  wanting to get out into the sticks. Trail bikes are making a comeback like they were in the 70s-80s-90s. Big market coming for that area soon I imagine. Everyone needs to go out and buy a Serrow while they still can.

Posted
3 minutes ago, tom13 said:

Also this is the best news in a Long time.

They have been struggling with consistency in the MX programmes especially in the states and I felt it hurt the off road reputation a bit but this will surely put them back in peoples good books.

https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/Motorcycles/Motocross-Enduro/KX327X_2027.html

KX327X | 2027 | Kawasaki

No talk of a road legal one yet though.

That looks cracking

Posted
54 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

That looks cracking

I agree. Does it come with a green or black balaclava?

Posted

So in the grumpy thread

Rant about this lot

But rang the next cheapest and bikesure but apparently it's still via this lot

But they honoured the quote because insured as cb500 ( as per logbook/dvla checker)

Rather than nx500 written on the side

WtfScreenshot_20260806_152440_Gmail.jpg.6cd2ef4559d031cbb2999b004dc0c253.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...