Another haul of Jalopy mags has appeared on eBay, for any of you completionists out there:
Issues in this bundle appear to be:
- Issue 10 - March 1993 (Mini Profile)
- Issue 11 - April 1993 (BLzebub: Rover SD1 Profile)
- Issue 12 - May 1993 (Allegro 20th Anniversary)
- Issue 13 - June 1993 (Ford Escort Profile)
- Issue 14 - July 1993 (Super Sizzlin' Summer Soft Top Special - Triumph Herald)
- Issue 15 - August 1993 (Old Ton-Ups)
- Issue 16 - October 1993 (Austin A30/A35 Profile)
- Issue 17 - January 1994 (Minimal Motors: Trabant/Reliant Kitten)
- Issue 18 - February 1994 (Grace, Pace & Rust - Jaguar XJ6/XJ12 Profile)
- Issue 19 - March 1994 (The IMPossible Dream - Hillman Imp Profile)
- Issue 21 - June 1994 (70s Citroens)
- Issue 22 - July 1994 (Reliant - Your Plastic Friend? Robin Profile)
- Issue 23 - August 1994 (Big Fords: Zephyr/Zodiac Profile)
- Issue 28 - March/April 1995 (Ancient vs. Modern: Triumph Herald & Skoda Rapid shootout)
Now, this is tricksy as I AM a completionist, and it DOES contain the two issues (Issue 12 and Issue 13) which I happen to require in order to finish off my run of Britain's smallest, dullest motoring mag from #1 to #31.
However, it also contains twelve issues which I have no particular need of, and in some cases already have one or two duplicate copies knocking around.
Bids invited from £25. P&P is a mildly outrageous £6.95. So £32 all in (assuming no other bids).
Hypothetically speaking, if I were to bid on this, and hypothetically won, would anybody be hypothetically interested in taking the twelve duplicate copies off my hands for £15, posted? It really is only # 12 and #13 I need here. Hypothetically.
(Working out at £1.25 a copy delivered, this is less than the original cover price - even some 25 years on. OMG BARGAINZ.)
Also available are some cheerily confusing separate listings for another two copies of Jalopy, from the same seller:
- Issue 8 - January 1993 (Old Frauds: Cortina Capers)
- Either Issue 9 - February 1993 (VW Beetle Profile) [which is what the listing says] OR
- Another copy of Issue 11 - April 1993 (BLzebub: Rover SD1 Profile) [which is what the listing photograph depicts]
Both have a reassuringly low start, though do have a bid each on them (not me, promise).
Kinda makes you wonder why he didn't job-lot all of them together, though - unless he started listing them separately, did the first two, thought 'bollocks to this lark' and just fired the last fourteen up together...