Floor Sale, 1984 Honda Accord 1.6 £400 Scotchland

nisfan

Since my stanza is almost finished i was wondering if anyone would fancy this.

10869656_643750472414288_821882934079489

1.6 carb on a manual choke and manual gearbox. Its. almost on 77000miles and Moted till september. Mechanically spot on done over 3000miles in it over the past few months with no issues, was shite on fuel when i got it as it lived in edinburgh. As i mainly do motorway miles it soon got a lot better along with the performance.  I dont think the shocks are that old as the ride is firm and it handles great, doesnt wallow all over the road.

I would be happy to drive this anywhere, its comfortable, quiet, and due to a long fifth gear is good on fuel.

But as always there are a few issues,

I had to to a VIC check on it, not sure why, it was never in an accident, as such im waiting on the v5 as they wouldnt give me one until i got it checked.,

Not long after i had it i managed to lock both keys in the car so had to break in through the rear quarterlight, its now plastic and is cracked and is now held together with duct tape, its watertight but there is a bit of wind noise.

The paint is shagged lacquer peel with a few scabs of rust..

The fuel pump makes a banging noise, previous owner said its done that since he had it years ago and it hasnt been a problem.

The resettable mileometer sometimes makes a squeaking noise.

The interior is generally untidy as it was abused by the previous owner.

Due to these issues that is why im asking £400 but as i say these dont stop you from driving it and it WILL go anywhere.

If theres any interest ill get some more pics up.

Well stone me....a car I like, within budget and local comes up for sale at a time when I'm (possibly) actually looking for one.

The Yaris goes for it's MOT on Wednesday and if it needs anything significant doing to it I'll be in the market for a new hack.

Whereabouts are you - would be interested in seeing it if you're not too far away, in the mean time more pics would be most excellent.

PS don't hold on to it on my account if someone makes you an offer but if I can't get a MOT on the Yaris next week for sensible money then I'm definitely interested.

When I locked my keys in the boot of my 2004 accord one dark November night at Cardiff university, it took the RAC man, (once he'd worked out what to do, so next time he'll do it in this time), 4 minutes to get in. He used a plastic wedge, a pump up wedge, and a length of bent wire.

If I were in the market for another accord. it would be yours.

If i can find a bit of perspex to fit ill do it but drawn a blank so far, ive ground down some of the scabs and primered and painted them as they started to go that light orange colour meaning fresh rust. Its not a perfect match but its a lot better than rust.

Well the Yaris is destined for the bridge so my interest is being tickled by this.

Don't want to waste your time but can I ask a few daft questions please?

Does it have power steering?

What are the tyres like?

What is the MPG like?

Any advisorys on the MOT?

Any clue if the belt has been done (or is is a chain - I've really no idea about these cars)?

What's it like structurally, any welding likely to be needed for next MOT?

I really need something I can justify as being 'cheap to run' but the high tax rate on this is putting me off a little but at the same time I'm still quite tempted.

I realise I'm sounding like a bit of a dick so tell me to f-off if you like!

Don't want to waste your time 

Its no problem, it doesnt have power steering but is not heavy,of the many non PAS cars ive had this is one of the lightest, (might have something to do with the thin tyres), the tyres themselves are a bit older but have plenty of tread on them and were brilliant in the snow.

I havent measured the mpg but if i put £25 in i get around 180-200miles Half motorway/half town driving,

I think the only advisory were rear brakes werent that powerful.

Its belt driven and i have no idea when it was done, i heard that its a non interference engine so should it go it shouldnt be a problem.

Structurally its absolutely solid apart from a bit where the sill meets the rear arch, might need tickled with the welder, underneath it looks like its been undersealed and there is no sign of any problems.

Price is slighty negotiable!

Excellent - thanks.

Not really bothered by the lack of PAS have had a few without and tbh it's just one less thing to go wrong!

I assume it's drums on the back?

Are you about on Saturday for me to come and take a look at it? I'm fairly local (South Queensferry).

PS I see in your sig you have an MX5 - I've a rusty one of them too awaiting dealt with when I can do without back seats! I can swap you the Honda for an immaculate hard top if you like......