The Price is SHITE!

HillmanImp

That Caddy is absolutely hanging. 

However it's got the Badge of Win on the front according to all the tosspots that live round here, so I'm going to say £1050.99

It'll get bought by a teenager who will fail to restore it then it'll be bridged for £300.

looks worse then is 

Well it would be almost impossible for it to be worse than it looks seeing as it looks like 900kg of light metals that are already part shredded.

£1500.

2 hours ago, grogee said:

That Caddy is absolutely hanging. 

It'll get bought by a teenager for £520 and 13 pence. It will quickly annoy the teenager's wranglers who will lose patience and weigh it in for whatever the passing pie people offer on the doorstep.

It's already at £560 with 2 and a half days to go. Are people insane? That's double what it will bridge for, and it will never see the road again. Not a chance. It's not even complete, and the parts left look rough as a badger's arse.  

£800 by someone that needs their head checked. 

• Like 2

On 30/06/2023 at 15:58, TheOtherStu said:

I'm going to go for £560.
no-one actually bids on the POS.

@TheOtherStu on the nose!  You have the conn.

Goddness knows what horrors our young TikToker will find when they try and tow that heap of shit out of the yard, it'll probably split in half.

Personally I hope they A-Frame it using a Renault Clio, a la the camper van video.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CaptainBoom said:

@TheOtherStu on the nose!  You have the conn.

Goddness knows what horrors our young TikToker will find when they try and tow that heap of shit out of the yard, it'll probably split in half.

Personally I hope they A-Frame it using a Renault Clio, a la the camper van video.

Why thank you.

OK, as I got it completely wrong last time, I'll have a quick fire round.
You'll love this "Barn Find" Trabant. When I say Barn Find, I mean, its been left to rot in a field. The barn moved away long ago.

Picture 1 of 13

Currently with 17 bids and sitting at £200, this finishes tomorrow (Monday) evening.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175785932129

I absolutely love the seller's honesty.

"Was driven from East Germany to its present home just after the fall of the wall in 1989. It's been lovingly kept in a field since and used to store plastic plant pots. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There might be a bidding war in between Trab lickers as it's a P50 rather than the positively common 601. Seemingly the bits underneath are mostly the same but the body is quite different, but presumably made of the same weird plastic stuff. £1473.23 and some pocket fluff, but to the vendor's disgust the bidder will vanish and it will have to be relisted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ambassador spoils us @TheOtherStu!  Considering the plastic will exist until the end of time, but I suspect its undercrackers have long since rotted away.  I'm going to pitch it at £976.67.

I will update on Boom_daughter's opinion and value later.  I'll have to explain what it is I suspect

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, CaptainBoom said:

The Ambassador spoils us @TheOtherStu!  Considering the plastic will exist until the end of time, but I suspect its undercrackers have long since rotted away.  I'm going to pitch it at £976.67.

I will update on Boom_daughter's opinion and value later.  I'll have to explain what it is I suspect

Well, as there were only 2 offers and you had the lowest, you win the most amazing prize. Sadly, I drank it, so you win nothing.

It went for £310.

I hand the baton on......

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheOtherStu said:

you win the most amazing prize. Sadly, I drank it, so you win nothing

Why thank you sir, if you could send me over the ring pull so that I can imagine what it tasted like now and again.

I thought I'd change my plan a bit, normally I find utter end of life crap, but let's have something that might have enough legs to get out of the car park.  Live out your Elizabeth from Keeping Up Appearances fantasies (?) with this slice of delight...

23k miles, sold by a private seller, currently on £319.00 with a reserve.  Two days and 11 hours to go.  Tiny bit flaky on the rear arches, but nothing serious.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354880538175?hash=item52a087463f:g:w5AAAOSwiipkig08

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8d47c9938650272f5247c4047bae7964.jpg

Hopefully the winner already has a Rover 216 and a knackered Cortina.

16 minutes ago, CaptainBoom said:

Why thank you sir, if you could send me over the ring pull so that I can imagine what it tasted like now and again.

I thought I'd change my plan a bit, normally I find utter end of life crap, but let's have something that might have enough legs to get out of the car park.  Live out your Elizabeth from Keeping Up Appearances fantasies (?) with this slice of delight...

23k miles, sold by a private seller, currently on £319.00 with a reserve.  Two days and 11 hours to go.  Tiny bit flaky on the rear arches, but nothing serious.

I thought "That looks too new and shiny to be a Metro. Must be a Rover 100"

And I was right 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheOtherStu said:

Rover 100

It even says so on the boot lid!  Damnation, I must do my homework better next time 3/10

• Haha 1

It's a local car for local people

Cornish car with Cornish plate and hasn’t left cornwall in its life.

£1,440 reserve not met, Relisted with a bit more realistic buy it now price.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CaptainBoom said:

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that -  anyone would ask 2800 quid for a metro/100 with scabby arches - I'm going to bang in a guess at £1210.42 reserve not met

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

It's a local car for local people

£1,440 reserve not met, Relisted with a bit more realistic buy it now price.

My wife's family have been in Cornwall since 1974 and they're still 'incomers' :-) 
£999.99 I reckon

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

My wife's family have been in Cornwall since 1974 and they're still 'incomers' :-) 
£999.99 I reckon

Same. Moved from London to Devon aged 1; Mum is still there and still a grockle. She grew up in Bristol AKA the Midlands

22 minutes ago, grogee said:

She grew up in Bristol AKA the Midlands

'Up country'?
I was in Torquay for a while and it was all Scousers and Jocks - anywhere else was just 'up country'. 
Mind you, I left Scotland in 1981 aged 18 but I still refer to it as 'home'.

From the description.

Both arches are slightly rusty. Arches can be purchased via eBay for £85 the pair, this hasn’t bothered us in the slightest so haven’t messed around with it. 

So why are you selling it after 8 weeks of ownership?  Admittedly, that is a very long time for certain people in that neck of the woods.

I'm going large with the displacement of an MGF engine and the Shitefest value of the HBoL hidden in the rear footwell, so £1796.

• Like 1

£1111 for me.

Looks pretty decent but I can recall someone on here selling a nice one with OMGHGF done and couldn't get a grand for it.

Yes it's low miles but aren't they all?

Also, I still think  much over £1k for a metro/100 is a hard mental hurdle to overcome 😂😂.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 12:39 PM, Stinkwheel said:

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that -  anyone would ask 2800 quid for a metro/100 with scabby arches - I'm going to bang in a guess at £1210.42 reserve not met

Those Victorians really weren't keen on the Metro! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1