The grumpy thread

outlaw118

What's a Facebook group?

I have a horrible feeling that when the gates open for new members then the ones that post toss on facebook will be doing the same on here ... I say lets keep the doors locked!

Last week I replaced the large bonnet vent on the Beta as the old one had been broken by the previous owner when the bonnet cable snapped ...

Guess whats just happened?

The fecking bonnet won't open so it looks like I'm going to have to smash the new vents :evil:

Not today though as I'm going to try and research other options that don't involve breaking things.

406 was keyed today while I was at work. FFS! It's old and ordinary, what hope is there for having anything nicer? Oh and my mate went to get his lawnmower out for the first time this year... and it's been nicked out of his shed. You can't have any fucking thing these days....

For the past few weeks, my bank account has taken a battering, every week its been pay this, pay that, pay the fucking other, all in £80s, £100s etc... Today its housing rent, mate for helping me pick up car and the bloody neighbour for doing my garden (I hate garden work) when I was a lower paid job at FedEx, somehow I managed to save just to about 1k. Now I've started this new slightly higher paid job, I can't seem to hold onto my money.

This ends now. Next week, no more pay this and that. That money will be mine and it will stay in my account. Fuck everything else :evil:

The LNA is broken again. Appears to be the distributor cap this time. It was running fine, switched the engine off, went to restart it two minutes later and it didn't want to know. Called a mate who came out with his Jeep to try and tow start it but it wasn't even trying to fire. Took the dizzy cap off and the centre contact thingy has disintegrated. Wonder what the chances are of Wilco having one in stock? :?

LNA?

CItroen LNA. A rebadged Peugeot 104, sometimes with the flat twin from a 2CV. Can't remember what Wuv's has.

Mine has the 1124cc 4-pot. I'd like a 2-cylinder version - they don't have distributors, apart from anything else - but I don't think they ever sold them here so it'd be a Leboncoin job.

You're right - never sold here but a few have made it across the Channel since. Very odd hearing the 2CV soundtrack in a small supermini.

Given how many cars used the 1124cc motor, I wouldn't have thought a dizzy cap would be too hard to find?

Changing the radiator on a VW Bora (mk4 Golf/A3/Leon etc) the screws to hold the radiator in place are behind the bumper and headlights ffs. The battery and various other things need to be removed or moved to get the rad out as well. Oh and If the car has aircon then there are aircon pipes in the way as well .... What a pain that was.

Oh, and because changing the rad on the boring took so long I haven't been able to get the Lancia to the garage to look at the busted bonnet release .... I also have earache.

My cat has decided to encourage me to keep the house tidy, by pissing on any clothes I leave on the floor. This morning I picked up a shirt and held it to my face to check if it was clean enough for another day's use and buried my face in piss covered material. :|

True. Though when they become really old and senile, they can start doing it in 'worrying' places.

Edd, do you fancy coming and cat-sitting for us when I'm away tat-papping in the foreign? (Work allowing, of course.)

I'd love to, when will that be? Just hope I find a job asap so I can get some moolar coming in and buy my Jimp back. I've totally lowered my job prerequisits now I'm even looking at factory work :?

True. Though when they become really old and senile, they can start doing it in 'worrying' places.

Edd, do you fancy coming and cat-sitting for us when I'm away tat-papping in the foreign? (Work allowing, of course.)

We're usually in Thailand for December and January. Normally my folks are around at that time, but sometimes they pop off for a week somewhere else. That's when cat-sitters are reqd. I'll add you to the list of possibles!

Factory work would leave your brain free to dream about shite (even more). Are you sure that'd be healthy?!

Found out yeaterday morning that a bunch of cock knocker YOOFS have been up our street kicking the mirrors off cars. Our Maud's 306 has fallen victim. Even though the mirrir was already taped on, it still boils my piss that some dickheads see this as entertainment.

On the plus side, one of the neighbours heard it, and went out with her frankly massive bodybuilder son, who managed to get a grip of a couple of them and hand them over to the Rozzers. In true form, they sang like canaries, so now it looks like someone will be getting hauled in. We also managed to fond out who the little shit is. GR8 4 VIJILLANTEH ATAX.

By the way, anyone got an electric drivers door mirror for a late 306? Doesn't matter what colour, cos I can get the back off this one. TA.

Right, this AS Facebook group is a load of crap, it's just a load of OSF mongs arguing with crap snaps of a knackered Rover taken on a King Edward.

Shite has lost all meaning.

Facebook is good for nothing other than looking at MALIA 2012 photos posted by some girl you went to school with or your younger sisters mate, I dunno why people try and take it further and actually hope to communicate with like minded people etc, you're bound to be disappointed.