The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Well, that's the death knell for the 604 sounded. Another eBay listing with zero interest.

Gonna strip the bits that may be of use from it and flog the rest to the banger boys. I need the space it's occupying and it is doing my fucking head in just sitting there on the path. Cash the tax in and fuck it off.

I have had enough.

Well, that's the death knell for the 604 sounded. Another eBay listing with zero interest.

Gonna strip the bits that may be of use from it and flog the rest to the banger boys. I need the space it's occupying and it is doing my fucking head in just sitting there on the path. Cash the tax in and fuck it off.

I have had enough.

Shit man, genuinely sorry to hear that. It's an empty comment since I'm in no position to buy it or owt, but it seems mental that such a nice old bus is proving such hard work to shift.

It's mental. It owes me a lot more than I listed it for and it simply isn't gonna shift.

WTF else can I do? I've advertised it everywhere I can think of and nobody wants it. I'm considering welding up the diff and taking it on a drift day to give it one last comedy blast before it dies. It'll get about £180 over the bridge no matter how bent it ends up and I can cash the tax in. The wheels might fetch a few quid but other than that there's nothing on it that is of any use to anyone other than DNJ, and the bit he wants isn't attached to the car anyway.

I need the space as hopefully the Jag will be back soon, but it's taught me a valuable lesson. Don't buy and renovate unfashionable shite as it's impossible to sell on.

It's definitely the last time I buy something old, rare and French. As Phil DNJ said "The thing with the 604 is that it's a rare car and people who like them are rarer still". People who're willing to put their hand in their pocket and buy one are obviously even rarer than people who like the things.

I'm beyond pissed off about this.

Me too

I tried to get onto the emergency site but my login codes from here are not recognised. So I tried to register but couldn't identify the flashing/dancing numbers which gave me vertigo. I expect I will be bumping in to things all day now. :evil:

When the times merged all their technical supplements it turned to shite, In Gear IMHO is heroically crap, but it's better than the now deceased Tuesday supplement in the independent and the non-existent Guardian supplement. As you say the technical bit is filled with fucking appalling questions like "my car has a CD and tape player... can I use it for my vinyls?" and "I have a litre of petrol in the garage will this work in my new Golf TDI?", then again anything that allows the public to put across their ideas and questions is normally a scene for disaster.

As you say the technical bit is filled with fucking appalling questions like "my car has a CD and tape player... can I use it for my vinyls?" and "I have a litre of petrol in the garage will this work in my new Golf TDI?", then again anything that allows the public to put across their ideas and questions is normally a scene for disaster.

If you think that's bad you should have a look at the motoring section of Yahoo Answers...Oh lordy lordy! :shock::shock:

As you say the technical bit is filled with fucking appalling questions like "my car has a CD and tape player... can I use it for my vinyls?" and "I have a litre of petrol in the garage will this work in my new Golf TDI?", then again anything that allows the public to put across their ideas and questions is normally a scene for disaster.

If you think that's bad you should have a look at the motoring section of Yahoo Answers...Oh lordy lordy! :shock::shock:

The only purpose Yahoo answer serves is as a justification for the final solution to be enacted upon the general public. :twisted:

I haven't delved into the motoring section but some of the general questions on there are mind blowing.

What I have learned about selling shite is that it can never be hurried. I think your asking price for your 604 is 'right' Pete, (much lower and it would be into 'project' territory, which it clearly is not) and I am pretty sure there is someone out there who would buy it for that sort of dollar. However whether that person has the want, and the (available) money, and happens to be browsing eBay that day, and actually comes across the advert all on the same day is another matter - its not often that all the moons come into alignment and you get a 604 actually changing hands at all is it. I bet theres been less than half a dozen 604 transactions of any sort in the last couple of years. And I suspect whoever does buy it, will not have set out looking specifically for a 604, they'll just see it and be diverted from a Merc or Jag or whatever, so it will be an impulse purchase which even they couldn't have predicted. My suggestion is stick it in the classic car newspapers, in PC/Classics magazine and on carandclassic, keep renewing the ads, sound relaxed about it when folk ring up and expect it to take a few weeks to sell. I think it will go in its own time!

You're probably right, Bo11z, but I advertised it on eBay for two or three weeks in April, in Car and Classic and a multitude of other places and NOBODY actually ever bothered up coming to see the thing. At Cholmondely it was blanked by the non-AS community and it has got to the point where it is in my way, and annoying me.

It has to go. Soon.

I haven't delved into the motoring section but some of the general questions on there are mind blowing.

Yahoo answers makes me want to cry, it's only vaguely acceptable once you've clocked it's just 15 year olds who have just got their first Internet and are looking for an ego boost.

@ Pete your car apparently "sold" here, I assume non-show buyer?

Also @ BBC1, where's a tsunami when you need one?

When the times merged all their technical supplements it turned to shite, In Gear IMHO is heroically crap, but it's better than the now deceased Tuesday supplement in the independent and the non-existent Guardian supplement.

I wonder if they even bother driving the cars they review in the Guardian. What really pisses me off is the little eco rating they give to every car - Warehouse sized Lexus SUVs getting 9/10 just because they're hybrids, when every car should be getting 0/10 because there's no such thing as an eco-friendly car.

You're probably right, Bo11z, but I advertised it on eBay for two or three weeks in April, in Car and Classic and a multitude of other places and NOBODY actually ever bothered up coming to see the thing. At Cholmondely it was blanked by the non-AS community and it has got to the point where it is in my way, and annoying me.

It has to go. Soon.

There is no market at the moment. The Sera was up for sale for 2 months in Classic Car Weekly, on Car and Classic, Classic Cars for Sale and Retro Rides and it still took that long. Deliberately put it up for less than other cars in similar/worse condition had been going for too. Even the DAF took 3 months to move. It eventually went from the Car and Classic advert (although I do think it was overpriced but it did actually sell so shows what I know).

Those were both cars which people are actively looking for and they are still taking time to sell.

Look, even Wuvvum's BMW is still for sale!!!!! :shock:http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C305392

2822609.jpg

Both these cars are super bargains at the price but in this market they just wont shift. 2 years ago they would have gone in no time.

Like Bollox says, they will sell eventually. IMO Ebay is not the best place to sell. I would use Car and Classic and Classic Cars for Sale first.

Yahoo Answers is ace. I love flicking through when I'm bored and LOLing at hopelessly stupid questions ('will the train to London stop at my local station/my car makes a strange noise what is it/can Yamaha piston oil cap and bulb be fitting to Triumph Panda 950?') as well as utterly fucking hopeless answers.

Also enjoy correcting the morons who reply with a wildly inaccurate guess at problems and pretend to be a mechanic.

IMO Ebay is not the best place to sell. I would use Car and Classic and Classic Cars for Sale first.

I sold my R4 a few weeks back. Stuck it on Car and Classic and had very little interest. Stuck it on eBay and had loads of interest and sold it for a decent price. For all its faults, eBay does get it out to a very large audience.

Anyway, grump - went to a family birthday party yesterday at a tatty pub in Salford somewhere. Pub had seen better days and was one of those that does incredibly cheap food. Staff couldn't really be arsed and just had a bit of an attitude that paying customers were a bit inconvenience to them, ordered some food and whilst there was nothing [apparently] wrong with it it looked and tasted plain, cheap and nasty and strangely devoid of flavour. Sister in law brought a remarkably cheap birthday cake that might have cost as much as 99p for the 48 portions it contained which tasted a bit odd.

Got home, spent the evening being sick. Cheers for that.

Also - weather. I was supposed to be down south earning some ££££s at a VW show today. Weather made that pointless so theres another few hundred quid I won't be earning today.

Went to a family birthday party yesterday at a tatty pub in Salford somewhere. Pub had seen better days and was one of those that does incredibly cheap food. Staff couldn't really be arsed and just had a bit of an attitude that paying customers were a bit inconvenience to them, ordered some food and whilst there was nothing [apparently] wrong with it it looked and tasted plain, cheap and nasty and strangely devoid of flavour

Got home, spent the evening being sick. Cheers for that.

It wasn't The Pint Pot by any chance, was it? The staff there do have a very strange attitude towards customers who want food. At least they don't discriminate between locals and students - they just hate everyone.

It wasn't The Pint Pot by any chance, was it? The staff there do have a very strange attitude towards customers who want food. At least they don't discriminate between locals and students - they just hate everyone.

Nope, The Boundary Stone just off the East Lancs. Sooner it closes and gets turned into a Tesco Express the better for all concerned.

I've been invited to a wedding evening do tonight. I feel like I've been stood on, got a sore throat, and could shit for England. So I'm stopping at home.... is it bad manners? Or am I right to be miserable at home instead?

It's your right to stay at home and be royal miserable cunt. It's the Jubilee FFS!!!! :D

I've been invited to a wedding evening do tonight. I feel like I've been stood on, got a sore throat, and could shit for England. So I'm stopping at home.... is it bad manners? Or am I right to be miserable at home instead?

Weddings are shit. They are hugely overrated unless you are single, get to poke the Bridesmaid or cop a feel of the Divorced Mother in law.

I didnt even want to go to my own FFS, why should i want to go to anybody elses?

You are doing the right thing, stay at home and be a miserable git instead of sitting for hours in an uncomfortable chair, listening to overly loud shit music with a D.J that makes Tony Blackburn sound like Whispering Bob Harris, drinking warm dog piss.....and wishing you were somwhere else.

Motorist bullies beware! One day your luck will run out :evil:

Approaching a red traffic light at a right turn, some cnut in a newish white Ford Kuga decided I wasn't approaching the red traffic light quick enough and decided to tailgate me. When this happened, I was letting the excess power in the engine take the car to the lights so I didn't need to brake (until the very end) but approached the lights gradually. For a split second I thought that the Kuga was going to crash into me - thank goodness it had good brakes. :shock:

Not liking this display of bullying and harrassment towards myself, an independantly minded Nissan driver, I stopped a few feet short of the lights, the Kuga inches away from my towbar and I gave the driver the middle finger through the back window. I pulled forward the few extra feet to draw level with the stop line.

I even put down the driver's window with a view to another one fingered salute with the right hand. It wasn't necessary, as the Kuga driver decided it wise to leave a comfortable gap. When the lights turned green I carried on my merry way, with the Kuga driver keeping a VERY safe distance from me! :mrgreen: Tosser!

I think the Ford Kuga driver realised that not all Nissans are driven by doddery old coots and some of us will fight our corner if we feel unfairly treated by other motorists. He/she will think twice before trying it on again with another motorist.

What a fucking cnut though! :x