The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My summer Shitefest holiday roadtrip may have to be missed. On an entirely related note, does anyone happen to have a pair of inner and outer sills for a Senator B floating about that I can steal... ?

SILLS?????? WTF?

Aye! About 9in of the driver's side sill and rearmost O/S jacking point are entirely missing, nearside's not quite as bad as I couldn't get my hand in it but probably worth doing. Rest of the underside seems solid enough. Pisser I can't weld!

Electric showers, don't go too bog on the replacement one.

Taking out an old beige one likely (7kw) and replacing with a 10.8kw will require a new cable right back to the fuse board.

Stick to 9kw or Below.

my grump is sod's law :twisted:

mrs maxpower was to attend norwich plodshop on 11th june, so rather than fight through traffic booked hotel room to stay there overnight, right after confirming booking plod phones and says case is put back untill 31st july :shock:

a refund is a no-no... so we have to travel from london to norwich just to eat a fuggin breakfast!!

anyone wanting any shite looked over in norwich on sun/mon drop me a pm.

Electric showers, don't go too bog on the replacement one.

Taking out an old beige one likely (7kw) and replacing with a 10.8kw will require a new cable right back to the fuse board.

Stick to 9kw or Below.

Duly noted, ta. Bit of proper research (don't know why I hadn't done it sooner tbh) confirms that even though it's old and beige, it's a Triton, and they've been basically identical inside for about 30 years. So bits are plentiful, and ordered...

Fucking Canon SX425W printer / scanner thingy. Bought it a couple of years ago because the ink cartridges are individually replaceable. Figured that'd be a sensible way to do it, so even though the printer wasn't expensive (£60ish) the cartridges were cheap. Of course, they're not cheap now, a set of 'em is £30 or thereabouts.

Just in the process of printing out a load of stuff relating to changing the cambelt on the Scooby and the fucking thing decides to stop printing and displays "REPLACE MAGENTA INK CARTRIDGE" and won't let me continue printing.

So, in order to finish printing the stuff I need I now need to go to the shop (couple of miles away), buy a friggin' ink cartridge, come home again, fit it, wait for the printer to get its shit together - prime itself etc and print off the rest of the stuff I need.

Next time, Canon, let me just press "OK" and continue printing.

More unpleasantness on the disc front I'm afraid. They've just arrived - and in a right state.

After the confusion over whether or not the discs and pads I'd ordered were right (they were) I finally got them today, and they arrive like this:

DSC03895.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

One disc not even bagged, covered in thick flash rust in three places. Pad box completely destroyed, pads all over the larger packing box and one in the disc box itself with the friction material face down on the surface of the unbagged disc.

Both disc and pad boxes had been opened and had broken seals. The car goes in Monday and I'm not going to get another appointment for at least a week.

This shit should not be as difficult as it is proving. I want a new set of discs and pads here tomorrow - we both know that ain't gonna happen.

Actually, both discs are covered in flashover. The unbagged disc had a bag but it's been torn open. Now mysteriously everyone's 'on lunch'.

Fuck's sake. Sort this out guys, I'm not happy at all.

That's quite normal Wat, often parts get sent out and then returned due to being wrong (especially French stuff) and the packing has been destroyed by overzealous mechanics, Those discs will soon clean up once you put your foot on the brakes, all that matters is that they are the right ones for your car.

487088_10150878688897087_480773565_n.jpg

In other news I've just took the Golf down the local Kosoven car wash to get it cleaned ready for a show tomorrow when it pissed it down, It wouldn't be so bad but i don't even want to go to this VW show as I'm not into them plus I have to camp the night and i hate camping, especially in this shitty weather, I'm only doing it as my wife's auntie & uncle wanted us to go. :(

On a scale of 1-10 how silly would it be to buy an A-Class Merc with a knackered semi auto system?

more silly than buying a 2.1TD Citroen XM Auto estate that hasn't been on the road for two years ...

back tomorrow with more info!

WINNER! Look forward to seeing this one Campbell. Btw did you see the one near Chester somewhere oneBay, high mileage diesel auto, will try and find a link...

Surely the shitness of the A class is it's appeal? I've always thought they'd be a bit of a giggle in the same way as a Rascal would* be if it had more seats. Maybe.

The one I drove certainly wasn't a giggle. Just unpleasant. Hideous interior quality, dreadful ride, horrible engine, nasty gearbox and it looked bloody awful too. A Rascal at least has an eager appeal about it. The A-Class just feels like a common slapper on a hen night feeling special because she's wearing a tiara with a three pointed star on it.

I bottled it in the end as (it seemed) the seller was avoiding certain questions. It only ended up for something like £206 and was MOT'd but as wrose case scenario was a trip over the bridge I'd have possibly lost out in the end.

hadn't noticed that one but was keeping away from pic heavy websites while on holiday and using the mobile.

I'm viewing the XM estate sometime over the weekend - expecting to buy it as the price is going to be right. It, of course, starts, stops and goes up and down but does need an MoT and a new battery for starters.

Don't know the mileage, don't know the colour, or the spec, or even the reg, just that it is a couple of owner cherished car unused since the owner died in 2010 and has been garaged most of its life.

TBH the discs look fine. I'd just fit it all and never use the supplier again.

That's what I've decided to do. TBH, my last set of comments were slightly libelous, so I binned them. TBH they're not getting good feedback, but I've been told by two separate people that the pads are fine. If it was any other industry and a supposed new item turned up all over the box and rusted to fuck, there'd be hell to pay.

They're only getting away with it because I've been told the pads and discs are fine, and that it would cost me £25 to send the box back to them, that I'd have to front. I've lost that original appointment at the garage though - I cancelled it because I was so incensed at the condition of the discs and pads. I must have ordered 10-15 sets of discs online for various cars over the 11 years I've been driving, and none of them - NONE of them, have arrived flashed over with the pads spread to fuck all over the box. If they've got idiot customers ordering the wrong pads \ discs, trying them out and then returning them, they shouldn't be sent out as new parts.

End of.

It's a pity, because I wanted some more stuff off them for the Volvo. Fat chance that's happening if that's their idea of new packaged items.

Just when I thought I had a nice wedding anniversary gift in the bag for tomorrow, the fella with the caravan I wanted to book in Cromer has 'made a mistake' and the week I wanted has already gone.

Somehow a lift to a shit car museum in a draughty TR7 tomorrow isn't quite going to look like the ideal way to please the breadknife.