The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Gumtree: super cheap year old bike been offered to me but something very fishy as the owner is sending me text message after text message to the point of harrassment. I suspect it's either stolen or they're some sort of smackhead.

They've trotted out the old 'loads of people interested' nonsense and I hate people that pile the pressure on so I just told them to sell it someone else if they get their first. This seems to have worked as they've dropped the price by £40 on an already cheap set of wheels. Is there a way of entering the frame number into an internet search to see if it's been twirled or not?

eBay: Found the (almost) perfect bike at a fab price but it's a 206 mile round trip which I can't really be arsed with.

Motors: had such an ace time this weekend doing various things I've pretty much forgotten about the TR7 and I want to get out in it for a blast round. Tomorrow's a no go as the bread has plans involving walking the dog along with our daughter. Not only is the lack of room for such fun a no go but she's also less than keen to be seen out in it!

Go see your GP Volksy. Had similar thing last year, short term course of Fluoxetine helped a lot. Pills aren't the answer but you need a dose of something to help you think straight again, at which point you can come up with a more sustainable solution enabling you to drop the pills.

Gumtree: super cheap year old bike been offered to me but something very fishy as the owner is sending me text message after text message to the point of harrassment. I suspect it's either stolen or they're some sort of smackhead.

They've trotted out the old 'loads of people interested' nonsense and I hate people that pile the pressure on so I just told them to sell it someone else if they get their first. This seems to have worked as they've dropped the price by £40 on an already cheap set of wheels. Is there a way of entering the frame number into an internet search to see if it's been twirled or not?

eBay: Found the (almost) perfect bike at a fab price but it's a 206 mile round trip which I can't really be arsed with.

Motors: had such an ace time this weekend doing various things I've pretty much forgotten about the TR7 and I want to get out in it for a blast round. Tomorrow's a no go as the bread has plans involving walking the dog along with our daughter. Not only is the lack of room for such fun a no go but she's also less than keen to be seen out in it!

eBay "nearest first" search and patience ftw. There are plenty bikes out there- the right one will turn up near you sooner or later.

I'm Grumpy!!

Started new job last week - working for my old employers competitor. Only a forklift driver job instead of a Supervisor position but the money's the same plus overtime AND its closer to home. Spent last week settling in, taking it easy and hopefully impressing them with product knowledge all that guff,

Get on the Forklift this morning and promptly drop a pallet. You woulda heard the crash halfway around the world......

Gawd, was my face red?

Whats that old saying about Pride Cometh before a fall? :)

Wrote this entry and deleted it several times over. Not the right place to go into detail. I'm grumpy that this breakdown/depression malarky I'm going through is stopping me doing anything even slightly productive.

Get meds, start a new job, change of location, either way you'll get over it with time. I found 'positive thinking' was the final cure for my anxiety/depression thing which had haunted me since 1997, I'd get up everyday without thinking about 'it' and just never getting upset or miserable about anything at all, it worked and have been 100% for two years, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I got sick (literally) of having a sulky attitude whenever something went wrong, or being pessimistic about trying anything. You'll get worse if you have a negative attitude, it's psychological and feeds on it.

I was offered to smoke pot from a 'can pipe' and it all started from there! I never even did drugs!

I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about my BMW ebay buyer as he's not been in touch and he's in Birmingham, which is a long way with a semi borked gearbox.

I had a guy 5 minutes up the road interested in it too. Aaargh.

I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about my BMW ebay buyer as he's not been in touch and he's in Birmingham, which is a long way with a semi borked gearbox.

I had a guy 5 minutes up the road interested in it too. Aaargh.

i sold my 525 to a gent who wanted to break it, he was from birmingham (via bombay), he was vague and evasive, not answering his phone, or emails, but sent a recovery truck the same night with the cash. :D

i sold my 525 to a gent who wanted to break it, he was from birmingham (via bombay), he was vague and evasive, not answering his phone, or emails, but sent a recovery truck the same night with the cash. :D

I hope it's the same guy! I have my eye on some other bit of tat but can't make my move until the space the 7 series is taking up has been free'd up.

Go see your GP Volksy. Had similar thing last year, short term course of Fluoxetine helped a lot. Pills aren't the answer but you need a dose of something to help you think straight again, at which point you can come up with a more sustainable solution enabling you to drop the pills.

I did this, the meds were never going to be a long term thing but they at least let you make some positive changes... they let you think straight for long enough to see it through.

I had about 3 months of pills, dumped the fiancee and have been happy ever since.

Apple and iTunes.

Disjointed piece of shit.

I'm sure some people love it but I just don't get on with it.

I've my sister's old Nano so thought I'd stick some stuff on it to use while doing stuff outside etc.

Took ages to get my account back and then it refuses to acknowledge that I have bought anything from them (I got the odd Itunes credit card thingie from an old job so had about £50 of stuff).

Then I find that I've managed to get some other guy's account with the same name so obviously my stuff isn't there, data protection my arse... :roll:

Shame his card's expired. :lol:

I'm off to look on Ebay for a Walkman that records and then record the stuff I have on my Youtube watch list - old school piracy. :oops:

I did this, the meds were never going to be a long term thing but they at least let you make some positive changes... they let you think straight for long enough to see it through.

I had about 3 months of pills, dumped the fiancee and have been happy ever since.

+1.

I still reckon there's a stigma attached to the them which makes people scared to take them in case they get addicted or something. In my experience that's not actually the case and they're easy to get off plus, as you rightly said Pillock, they let you see straight and are extremely helpful.

VA - at a guess, we've suffered the same thing. Has there been a point in the past where you imagined the worst, that the works would end? And then the problem only required 10mons fixing?

That's what you hVe to realise, you'll always think its much worse than it is.

And Cavette, 103miles each way for the ideal bike? God help you if you ever move north.

Problem solved, Mr Missing Letters, I'm going to travel about 2.4 mile instead to H*lf*rds and get a spanking new Boardman hybrid now.

@all the friendly comments above: I've had to put up with this braincrap since I've been about 16, pretty much, so it's a bit of an old story for me, but everything you guys say makes sense and helps put things in perspective. Funnily enough, it actually encouraged me to get myself in gear and actually *do* something today... not a lot, but it's a step in the right direction. I have to go into town for errands tomorrow, I'll make myself go to the GP then and see about getting this sorted out. Meds are definitely not a long term solution for me, but short term they might just do the trick, I've had some pretty scary experiences with even mild anti-sadface drugs so I'm understandably cautious about them.

The thing that always sees me through is cars and the car community, funny how that works.

Problem solved, Mr Missing Letters, I'm going to travel about 2.4 mile instead to H*lf*rds and get a spanking new Boardman hybrid now.

I take it you've gone for the Ride to Work scheme then?

Aye, well hoping to anyhow...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165534

...looks a decent enough thing, heard good things about the make and (it would seem) a decent discount can be had over list price. Especially if you know someone in the higher tax band.

Bad human design fault - feelings

They control our inside,and really know how to turn you inside out;stress usually sets the old tummy tango going on inside,which is the worst feeling anyone can have.Keep doing the things you like,and remember this

If you can do something about it,then do it;If you can't,then don't worry :)

+1.

I still reckon there's a stigma attached to the them which makes people scared to take them in case they get addicted or something. In my experience that's not actually the case and they're easy to get off plus, as you rightly said Pillock, they let you see straight and are extremely helpful.

Unfortunately in my experience they did nothing but make me feel tired

On meds at moment after a heavy duty meltdown ( hence lack of existence on here of late). As cav said, go for the meds as a way to see a little clearer. It will get better, but only if you want it to and get off your arse and seek help. (hmm sounds a little harsh. It's just that I've been there many times in my life and I know the only way sometimes when feeling that bad is to seek out a professional to help you on the road to recovery)

Secondly, it takes time. More time than you think. But it WILL get better.

ive got Post Traumatic Stress..its ruined my life..partially for over 15 yrs..i avoided med's...been hospitalised twice..not the pysche unit tho..but the kinda funny thing is..its other people that trigger me..being absolute nasty C****..and the recent horse job was kinda going fine..as a novice i was coping well with $250000 worth of out of control bucking bronco'..the horses had a well positive effect on me..so i got the call on Sunday dismissing me saying I was great but unexperienced..so its back to the Sq. rooted one again...dang...maybe i should become a photographer..

Get to the GP

Booked the earliest available appointment... 22nd June. Great, that's useful.

At least you're not in the USA, you'd have to wait just as long, but the visit would cost a months wages. Oh, and you'd be surrounded by americans all the time which probably wouldn't help anything

Get to the GP

Booked the earliest available appointment... 22nd June. Great, that's useful.

I suppose that's the downside of free NHS GP care. :(

Here in Ireland you pay €50 or thereabouts for a visit to the GP, but at least you're (usually) seen straight away - I dunno which system I'd prefer.

Obviously everyone would love to be seen straight away for free but that would involve paying more tax, and nobody likes that.