The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Try plastering. I'm bloody covered in dust and I've been washing in cold water for 4 days now. I'm seriously annoyed!

Turns out that whoever fitted the flue behind our boiler did so with old copies of the sunday mirror and polyfilla*. I have now rebuilt the flue to spec and replastered the rest of the wall. Tomorrow (if I'm lucky) I might be able to fit and plumb the boiler but I still won't get a bath until monday because I'm not qualified to attach it to the gas supply.

*when we removed the boiler, the back half of the flue and a large portion of wall came with it.....

We haven't had the flooding up here that Wales got today but while I was out this afternoon it started absolutely pissing down. :evil:

One of those ones where no matter how fast the wipers went it made no bloody difference at all, you still couldn't see the end of the bonnet.

Still, the car's nice and clean now, so every cloud etc.... :lol:

I've averaged 1500 calories a day since October. Today I snapped and bought sausage and chips, followed by a bag of Riesen and also a bunch of Refreshers.

Now I've got a digestive malaise which suggests I've made a colossal mistake. :oops: Gonna pay for this one later!

Fancy swapping metabolisms? I'm on a get fat fast diet, it's a nightmare and not working!

Selling cars. Latest with the BX is I spent two fucking hours this afternoon with a bloke ruminating over the fact that it’s got an oil leak somewhere (yes the front of the block is oily, still drives fine though). Endless poncing about over this and that, all of which I had told him about on numerous phone calls previously i.e. the clutch is heavy, there are some scrapes down the side, but the car is essentially a good one (which he agreed with) and is good daily driver material, but no show winner. Long MoT and tax till end of September too, all for 500 quid. Naturally he wants it cheaper, but at this stage I'm getting a bit impatient and just want my Saturday back so stick firm - anyone else and I'd probably drop a bit, but I prefer straight dealings – you either want it or not, simple as that.

He ended up going away to think about it (200 miles away!), so hopefully that’s an end to it.

In the meantime, if any shiteist with £350 cash and realistic expectations wants a BX then it’s here :)

I've averaged 1500 calories a day since October. Today I snapped and bought sausage and chips, followed by a bag of Riesen and also a bunch of Refreshers.

Now I've got a digestive malaise which suggests I've made a colossal mistake. :oops: Gonna pay for this one later!

Fancy swapping metabolisms? I'm on a get fat fast diet, it's a nightmare and not working!

I found great success with two decades of neglect.

Selling cars. Latest with the BX is I spent two fucking hours this afternoon with a bloke ruminating over the fact that it’s got an oil leak somewhere (yes the front of the block is oily, still drives fine though). Endless poncing about over this and that, all of which I had told him about on numerous phone calls previously i.e. the clutch is heavy, there are some scrapes down the side, but the car is essentially a good one (which he agreed with) and is good daily driver material, but no show winner. Long MoT and tax till end of September too, all for 500 quid. Naturally he wants it cheaper, but at this stage I'm getting a bit impatient and just want my Saturday back so stick firm - anyone else and I'd probably drop a bit, but I prefer straight dealings – you either want it or not, simple as that.

He ended up going away to think about it (200 miles away!), so hopefully that’s an end to it.

In the meantime, if any shiteist with £350 cash and realistic expectations wants a BX then it’s here :)

LOL! Great work on fooking him off. If you had offered him a lower price he still would have been umming and ahhing (and probably not buying it) whatever the price was.

Thank you Lousie, 3rd time lucky i hope :?

3rd unlucky sadly, Period started yesterday, Yesterday was a bit of a shit day, we cancelled the camping trip as neither of us was up for it. Done the pregnancy test this morning which was a negative just to confirm things, Mrs T is understandably upset although she is better today then was was yesterday, she just feels bad as It means there's a slim chance of me becoming a father now so she blames herself as it's her with the condition.

I told her to stop being stupid, shit happens, just fucks me off that you have to go through so much shit whilst doing IVF, umpteen injections, dozens of trips to and from the clinic, she's spent a fortune on acupuncture and the heart break at the end when it doesn't work and then you get these horrible chavy shits that have children they don't even want or able to look after.

Right to stand firm Rob. I don't think you're asking over the odds at all. I paid £266 for mine first time around three years ago and prices have risen since then. And both mine have oil-soaked engines. It might be worth having a 'gunk and jetwash' session. The Mk1 looked MUCH better after this treatment. Has allowed me to trace the leaks (cam cover gasket - very common). I haven't actually done anything about it, naturally.

Surely there's someone on here who fancies a 50mpg load lugger with supreme comfort?

Sunday Times "In gear" magazine spesh letter of the week, in the cycling section:

"When I carry my bike in the back of my car, the chain invariably catches on the boot's fabric covering, leaving oily chain marks. Do you know of a simple solution?"

Err, put an old sheet/bit of carpet on the boot floor lining like 9/10 motorists do when carrying dirty loads, or to stop stains when dogging?

Thank you Lousie, 3rd time lucky i hope :?

3rd unlucky sadly, Period started yesterday, Yesterday was a bit of a shit day, we cancelled the camping trip as neither of us was up for it. Done the pregnancy test this morning which was a negative just to confirm things, Mrs T is understandably upset although she is better today then was was yesterday, she just feels bad as It means there's a slim chance of me becoming a father now so she blames herself as it's her with the condition.

I told her to stop being stupid, shit happens, just fucks me off that you have to go through so much shit whilst doing IVF, umpteen injections, dozens of trips to and from the clinic, she's spent a fortune on acupuncture and the heart break at the end when it doesn't work and then you get these horrible chavy shits that have children they don't even want or able to look after.

Sorry to hear that Mr and Mrs Trigger.

Sunday Times "In gear" magazine spesh letter of the week, in the cycling section:

"When I carry my bike in the back of my car, the chain invariably catches on the boot's fabric covering, leaving oily chain marks. Do you know of a simple solution?"

Err, put an old sheet/bit of carpet on the boot floor lining like 9/10 motorists do when carrying dirty loads, or to stop stains when dogging?

Mega LOL!!! What a fucking cretin.

Right to stand firm Rob. I don't think you're asking over the odds at all. I paid £266 for mine first time around three years ago and prices have risen since then. And both mine have oil-soaked engines. It might be worth having a 'gunk and jetwash' session. The Mk1 looked MUCH better after this treatment. Has allowed me to trace the leaks (cam cover gasket - very common). I haven't actually done anything about it, naturally.

Surely there's someone on here who fancies a 50mpg load lugger with supreme comfort?

Can't be arsed TBH Ian, as I said to the bloke yesterday it doesn't bother me, just means I have to top it up with oil more often :lol: I'm at the stage now where I'm just going to get some usage out of it and benefit from the money I've spent recently, live with the faults and, dare I say it, send it over the bridge when the tax runs out. Life it too short to spend time dealing with car buying numpties.

It'll also be an experiment to see if the heavy clutch really is indicative of one that's about to go, or just how they are.

Campbell - thanks for the offer, still might take you up on it. If you're going to Shitefest you can have a look over the dizzler then :)

Semi-grump really. Been after a cheap dizzler estate for a while then Cav wants shut of his. Ooh great me thinks. Then Rob reminds me that the BX I'd forgotten completely about is still around and roadworthy. AAAAGH!

Sorry chief, it's not 100% definate yet though. A mate of mine has asked about it and has until Wednesday to tip up with a deposit.

My former airport supervisor's son died aged just three months a week past on Sunday. Wee Matthew spent most of his short life in hospital. I suspect the funeral on Tuesday may well reintroduce me to The Sauce... tragic, absolutely bloody tragic.

Sorry to bring down the tone of the place :cry: