The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bumped into dickhead neighbour earlier. He says "Don't put notes in my gate", so I say "Don't climb over the wall and trample my garden". He then mumbles some bollocks about he was going to come round and knock. Yeah, so why didn't you?

He just strolls off.

Yeah, I know move house / kill him to death with an axe.

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I think I have a right to be frustrated as older Zetor tractors have almost disappeared from Norway due to exports. And for the work we need a tractor for they are perfect. 

Tbf, he was hot on the sale. Unlucky, M9

4 hours ago, cort16 said:

Still not got the wheel back . I now have that feeling they’ve fucked something and are trying to fix it . No doubt they’ll drop the news it’s melted into a pool of lava on Friday .

BMW 5 7 SERIES F07 F10 F11 F01 F02 '20' STYLE 303 8.5J FRONT ALLOY WHEEL | eBay

thats the same style as yours IIRC? and its a front

7 hours ago, Jamie said:

BMW 5 7 SERIES F07 F10 F11 F01 F02 '20' STYLE 303 8.5J FRONT ALLOY WHEEL | eBay

thats the same style as yours IIRC? and its a front

It is cheers. I looked at that one earlier as a plan b but it's been in a fire and you can see it's changed colour at the top so the chances of it being round are pretty slim.
These wheels are so flimsy that nearly all of the second hand ones  seem to be either bent or cracked. 

1 hour ago, cort16 said:

It is cheers. I looked at that one earlier as a plan b but it's been in a fire and you can see it's changed colour at the top so the chances of it being round are pretty slim.
These wheels are so flimsy that nearly all of the second hand ones  seem to be either bent or cracked. 

Why not just use all 4 wheels off the 320si? It's not like it needs them right now. 🤣

I imagine they're probably woefully undersized for the 7er though.

7 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Why not just use all 4 wheels off the 320si? It's not like it needs them right now. 🤣

I imagine they're probably woefully undersized for the 7er though.

I have actually got 1 320si wheel on it while it the other wheel is being repair.  It looks tiny especially with that low profile tyre.

IMG_2669.jpg

1 minute ago, cort16 said:

I have actually got 1 320si wheel on it while it the other wheel is being repair.  It looks tiny especially with that low profile tyre.

IMG_2669.jpg

Yeah, that's why I suggested all 4. I knew you had one on already.

It does look rather under-wheeled though.

Why are people so angry these days? Took the kids to the beach and some absolute bell end was having a go at the young lass offering donkey rides getting in her face trying to intimidate her on the premise he thought it was cruel to the donkey (despite the Donkeys clearly being well looked after and happy). Looked like same sort of dickhead that would wander round auditing somewhere looking for a reaction. 

This may be an unpopular one

But those who remove the DPF/adblue system from their cars

Its there for a reason…..

it’s usually because they’ve bought a diesel and just do short trips and ruin it or think it gives them cool points and makes it faster or something 

I’m not a fan of tampering with emission control systems

5 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Why are people so angry these days? Took the kids to the beach and some absolute bell end was having a go at the young lass offering donkey rides getting in her face trying to intimidate her on the premise he thought it was cruel to the donkey (despite the Donkeys clearly being well looked after and happy). Looked like same sort of dickhead that would wander round auditing somewhere looking for a reaction. 

Not angry… “entitled to have an opinion, and shout themselves hoarse” about it. A modern disease, going under the guise of “ freedom of speech “ ….. just shut the fuck up…..

5 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Must be something about beachgoers. I sat on Bournemouth beach once, unfortunately happened to be within a woman's field of vision approx 5 meters away who shouted at me and asked if I wanted to sit on her lap next time. 

That may or may not sound appealing, but in any case she was suggesting that I had no right to be where I was. I asked her if she owned the beach, she retorted she does actually, collectively with everyone else who pays their council tax in Bournemouth 🤯🤯

Wait til she finds out that people from another district drive on "her" roads !!! 

7 minutes ago, maxxo said:

it’s usually because they’ve bought a diesel and just do short trips and ruin it or think it gives them cool points and makes it faster or something 

Depends if you are looking down the wrong end of a £1,000 bill to replace one...

14 minutes ago, maxxo said:

Over a decade ago, I was at a Volvo truck dealer and there was talk of emissions on trucks. If I remember correctly, the emissions on 1 truck from the 1980s were equivalent to 60 new trucks then and it has probably gotten better. So I agree with you there is a reason these things exist.

14 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Over a decade ago, I was at a Volvo truck dealer and there was talk of emissions on trucks. If I remember correctly, the emissions on 1 truck from the 1980s were equivalent to 60 new trucks then and it has probably gotten better. So I agree with you there is a reason these things exist.

Having got stuck behind two 1983-registered lorries for about 35 miles on a single-lane A road a few years back on a hot day I can categorically say that emissions control is definitely a good thing.  One tends to forget how bad it could be at times...

All this won’t be a problem in 5-6 years time when all cars are electric. From then on it’ll be green all the way, the o-zone will start to grow back, people in London will be able to breathe again. Everything will be ok then. Probably best thing now would be a compulsory scrappage scheme once a car hits 10 years old.

I'd  gone into TK Maxx this afternoon with MrsDC to look for some garden stuff, and I'd half-joked as we were going through the doors that we'd better be quick, because by August they'll have got rid of all their outdoor stuff to make way for their Hallowe'en tat.

Well, joke's on me.

1901893943_IMG_20220713_1636482.thumb.jpg.fd71b5ff801b2e18fa8a841a04c24ef9.jpg

2012474692_IMG_20220713_1636572.thumb.jpg.ce384d360e24f8e9404a04e076f71db9.jpg

Who the ever-loving hell is stocking up on this guff six weeks before August Bank Holiday?

Just got the Princess up on an axle stand to check what the knocking noise is that it started doing when I moved it.  So far, I have found:

• Rubber part of the axle mount bush is worn out allowing too much movement.
  • Rear hydraulic flexible brake hose has split, very recently by the look of it since it's still very clean
  • Handbrake is on but the wheel spins freely
  • Some underseal has fallen off and what I hope is just surface rust has started to happen

Luckily, I do have spare brake parts and I think I have a good replacement axle mount.  I've also got the gear to deal with the underseal issue, though that's not a job I particularly relish, especially if there's more serious rust waiting.

I know these sorts of post are in abundance over forums + social media, and of little surprise. But here's a little delight I had the pleasure of dealing with today

It's an Aldi, "FOUR RINGS OF SUCCESS" INNIT 

First up, this tyre. Enough said

MVIMG_20220713_155457.thumb.jpg.ca7c61bd359d9b611a3af629bf335735.jpg

And why did it come in? Well - it was recovered in because a wheel had physically locked up. 

And why was that? 

Seized handbrake cable and seized slide pin

Resulting in....

MVIMG_20220713_155525.thumb.jpg.579be43abbaf50c2a97c0e63961126dc.jpg

714739727_MVIMG_20220713_155611_12.thumb.jpg.e85f60bb1941962d323f0a17c8fc5f4e.jpg

Um, yeah. 

A whole 2.5mm has been worn away from the disc compared to the other side (you can see the lip on the inside)

The inner pad had been, somehow, forced in backwards. Hence the retaining pin being snapped off, and the tin backing plate was against the disc for the journey down 

No picture, but the pad had also worn a groove into the caliper from where the retaining spring was no longer present. Possibly this is what jammed the wheel up. 

So it would appear the brakes were worn, somebody has been "investigating" it due to the noise, fitted it back ham-fistedly causing the wheel to lock up and the FTP.... 

The joke of it? 

They want to supply their own parts because a mate works at ECP. Despite the fact it's going to be 1/2 hour extra labour to reassemble everything to mobilize the car again to move it to the "backburner" ramp.... 

An attempt to save money, completely aware it's going to cost them more in labour... 🤯 The mind boggles!!

TLDR; cars like this are travelling towards us at 70mph :(

The only good thing to come out of this is that it is not on the road until these defects are remedied...!

Just now, RoverFolkUs said:

I know these sorts of post are in abundance over forums + social media, and of little surprise. But here's a little delight I had the pleasure of dealing with today

It's an Aldi, "FOUR RINGS OF SUCCESS" INNIT 

First up, this tyre. Enough said

MVIMG_20220713_155457.thumb.jpg.ca7c61bd359d9b611a3af629bf335735.jpg

And why did it come in? Well - it was recovered in because a wheel had physically locked up. 

And why was that? 

Seized handbrake cable and seized slide pin

Resulting in....

MVIMG_20220713_155525.thumb.jpg.579be43abbaf50c2a97c0e63961126dc.jpg

714739727_MVIMG_20220713_155611_12.thumb.jpg.e85f60bb1941962d323f0a17c8fc5f4e.jpg

Um, yeah. 

A whole 2.5mm has been worn away from the disc compared to the other side (you can see the lip on the inside)

The inner pad had been, somehow, forced in backwards. Hence the retaining pin being snapped off, and the tin backing plate was against the disc for the journey down 

No picture, but the pad had also worn a groove into the caliper from where the retaining spring was no longer present. Possibly this is what jammed the wheel up. 

So it would appear the brakes were worn, somebody has been "investigating" it due to the noise, fitted it back ham-fistedly causing the wheel to lock up and the FTP.... 

The joke of it? 

They want to supply their own parts because a mate works at ECP. Despite the fact it's going to be 1/2 hour extra labour to reassemble everything to mobilize the car again to move it to the "backburner" ramp.... 

An attempt to save money, completely aware it's going to cost them more in labour... 🤯 The mind boggles!!

TLDR; cars like this are travelling towards us at 70mph :(

The only good thing to come out of this is that it is not on the road until these defects are remedied...!

Eicher Premium I bet.