The grumpy thread

outlaw118

watched the climate protest walk in Liverpool , the local rag reported hundreds were involved but it was thousands , not just the tree huggers but people from all walks of life ..  I suppose that shows the level of support

any way I was stood at the crossing point with sweet FA to do and this line of souls was blocking the traffic due to sheer weight of numbers , any way this uber taxi driver was leaning on his horn and then decided  to over take the car in front of him at the crossing and tried to push the souls out of the way .....  watch by a unmarked police car on the other side of the crossing !!!!!!

the resulting exchange of views by the copper was interesting to listen to .!!!!

11 hours ago, brownnova said:

On Wednesday I was doing back gate duty at our school and someone turned up to pick up one of the kids in a bright orange Lamborghini, and parked it right outside the gates.

He revved it totally unnecessarily to please the crowd of 13 year old boys who had gathered, and sped off at high speed through the crowds of kids walking... 

My comment of "Well he must have a tiny knob to compensate for" were definitely heard by several pupils. 

However my previous comment of "It's only a Lamborghini lads, there are hundreds of them.  I own a Yugo there are only 6 of those on the road in the whole of Britain" didn't seem to impress them or the owner of the Lambo! 😆😆

Totally unlike my mate Henry's Dad in Sixth Form who discreetly picked us both up from the Sainsbury's car park in Maidstone in his brand new Bentley Continental.  Total class act all around, Mr. Evans.

After several years procrastination I bought a nice new phone.

Extracted the sim from the old one - doesn't fit the new phone that wants a nano-sim.

Naturally, it won't go back in the old phone and I can't seem to find a way to order a replacement on BT's labyrinthine website and of course can't phone them either :(

8 hours ago, reb said:

Secondly: Where have they all gone? 

The last of the rusty old bangers seemed to die off in the early 2010s when values were low. Now the remaining cars are seen as proper classics and fetch proper classic money.

Same with anything that sort of age. Viable projects are probably around the £1-2k mark.

9 hours ago, myglaren said:

Extracted the sim from the old one - doesn't fit the new phone that wants a nano-sim.

Naturally, it won't go back in the old phone and I can't seem to find a way to order a replacement on BT's labyrinthine website and of course can't phone them either :(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Incutex-cutter-adapter-smartphones-tablets-black/dp/

I've got one but fuck knows where.

18 hours ago, myglaren said:

Try their webchat? With O2 it's easy, I've found. Worth getting a new SIM as they seem to update them in some way every so often. Assigning your exsisting number to the new SIM should be straightforward, if BT is like O2.

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

train to smoke month in advance 94 quid

train to brussels from smoke 103 quid

dont mind the european one cos never been on it but for two hours on a BR train

FRO

flight is 100 :D

Have you tried the split ticketing websites?  They'll usually find you a ticket a lot cheaper than the TOCs will.

If you bump into @Exiled_Tat_Gatherer while you're in Brussels, tell him I've still got his jacket.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:55 PM, DoctorRetro said:

FUCKING FIREWORKS.

I say it every year, but what is the fucking point?!

Screw the scared animals, I'm on edge and jumpy ffs! No need to be letting off weapons grade bangers in gardens. 

It's like being in a warzone round here. 

😡

Walked out to this earlier 😩

Don't know when it happened. The firework I found on the rear shelf was pretty heavy!

7B9D17E7-BF82-4222-8978-D6FB41A1832D.thumb.jpeg.420f970f4f168e1fee163a4d9f77baeb.jpeg4A03A55C-AAF4-4A3E-8ED2-0A1DEF84C018.thumb.jpeg.0dc2c5aabb23f15bf19613f6b9b008f1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tenmil Socket said:

Walked out to this earlier 😩

Don't know when it happened. The firework I found on the rear shelf was pretty heavy!

7B9D17E7-BF82-4222-8978-D6FB41A1832D.thumb.jpeg.420f970f4f168e1fee163a4d9f77baeb.jpeg4A03A55C-AAF4-4A3E-8ED2-0A1DEF84C018.thumb.jpeg.0dc2c5aabb23f15bf19613f6b9b008f1.jpeg

What a bastard.  How hard is it going to be to get a new rear screen?

There really should be a much lower limit on the size of fireworks that can be sold over the counter.  Some of the fireworks that have been let off round here have literally sounded like a bomb going off.

5 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Does anyone know how the actual fucking fuck credit scores are calculated?  Is there a logical reason why one's score can go down when one's financial situation has continued to improve, or is it all done with witchcraft and alchemy like car insurance premiums?

The more debt you service, the more it improves*. Allegedly.

10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Does anyone know how the actual fucking fuck credit scores are calculated?  Is there a logical reason why one's score can go down when one's financial situation has continued to improve, or is it all done with witchcraft and alchemy like car insurance premiums?

In my experience it’s total bollocks, like motor insurance premiums.

You can’t have too much credit history, or too little and no one can tell you where the line is.

The only constant seems to be - surprise, surprise - the importance of a sizeable deposit (in the case of mortgages), or history of regular repayments.

Just doing my timesheets for last month. 

201 hours. That's like working 5 normal work weeks in 4.  Fuck the NHS. I'm very tired. I usually keep on top of this sort of thing, didn't realise it was this far gone really. I'll be having words, I'm owed lots of time in lieu at this point. No wonder staff are leaving. 

10 hours ago, wuvvum said:

What a bastard.  How hard is it going to be to get a new rear screen?

There really should be a much lower limit on the size of fireworks that can be sold over the counter.  Some of the fireworks that have been let off round here have literally sounded like a bomb going off.

I’m going to ring my insurers to see if they can help?

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Credit "score" as a number is complete bollocks, made up by whatever credit checking website you're using. They artificially make it randomly go lower to egg you into signing up to their premium service.

Every lender and type of finance has different things they look at in your credit history, but the score itself is imaginary.

I was dodging bits of firework debris walking home from the bus stop on Friday night, a few seconds earlier and I'd have been twatted on the head with a stick off a rocket. Went out to the car the next morning and something has clearly landed on the roof due to the debris and orange powder, thankfully not forcefully enough to break the glass roof. It did sound like we had two nights of a civil war reenactment with all the banging.

Private fireworks need to be banned and bloody soon too.  Have found plenty of debris from fireworks in the garden, and the constant fucking noise at stupid hours of the day and night, way way WAAAY too close to other houses is beyond anti-social.

I still don't get why someone would spunk £60 for a "private" fireworks party in their back garden, when they could spend £10 and go to a properly organised event, with some actual healthandsafety, where you can actually see the fireworks, and there's about 20 times as much to see.

Plus, you won't be scaring the fuck out of all the local pets.

Next firework that goes off is getting rammed up the person-who-lit-it's arse.