Jump to content

The grumpy thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

I think a common sense of decency - which we have - is adequate tbh.

 

We're a bit sweary, but we don't tend to attack 'minority groups'. Not even Picasso owners.

  • Like 9
Posted

I find it mildly amusing that a bunch of, mostly , white men , from a comfortable , safe, prosperous country can presume to know what is or isn't offensive to women, racial minorities, recent immigrants, members of the LGBT community or anyone that feels marginalised or scared because of something that's slightly different in their background, psyche or lifestyle.

 

As usual AS members who might fit into those and other minority pigeonholes have kept well out of it, demonstrating far more restraint and class than I'll ever have.

 

As a white , middle aged, middle class, heterosexual male, I have never worried about walking along a dark street at night, or going into a rowdy pub or club in a strange town. Never wondered if that copper is going to pull me because of how I look or backdown from making a complaint in a restaurant or shop because it might draw unwanted attention to me or my friends. Things most of us take for granted, even feel entitled to do...

 

I'm not quite sure what snowflake means , wasn't it what Patrick from Eastenders used to call his neighbour in that hilairious* racist sitcom in the 70's?

I mourn the passing of ' Cars and Girls' as much as the next pervert, but I understand why it had to go- presumably ' Women you'd like to shag' won't be long for this place, but if that's what it takes to stop us decending into a bunch of stereotype Trump, Philip Green, Ron Atkinson wankers that use words like banter when we mean bullying - so be it.

 

'Snowflake' is a stupid expression, 99.9% of the time banded about by the kind of people who believe they have the right to say whatever abusive/stupid/racist/sexist thought crosses their mind, or the sort of people who are actually thick enough to think any form of human rights is wrong.

Posted

'Snowflake' is a stupid expression, 99.9% of the time banded about by the kind of people who believe they have the right to say whatever abusive/stupid/racist/sexist thought crosses their mind, or the sort of people who are actually thick enough to think any form of human rights is wrong.

I thought generalisations were really,really wrong.

Posted

'Snowflake' is a stupid expression, 99.9% of the time banded about by the kind of people who believe they have the right to say whatever abusive/stupid/racist/sexist thought crosses their mind, or the sort of people who are actually thick enough to think any form of human rights is wrong.

So, you've met my mother in law.

Ahh bollocks I've turned into Bernard Manning.

Posted

'Snowflake' is a stupid expression, 99.9% of the time banded about by the kind of people who believe they have the right to say whatever abusive/stupid/racist/sexist thought crosses their mind, or the sort of people who are actually thick enough to think any form of human rights is wrong.

I do try, love

Posted

Great, the first vacuum cleaner I post from my big clearout and it arrives smashed, and the little cunt who I sent it too accused me of lying about its condition before I put him right.

 

And people wonder why people just hoard stuff or snap one day and take it all to the tip!

 

Also wtf has gone on here today, everyone needs to man the fuck up and take a chill pill. Been dragged into someone else's vacuum cleaner group drama and it all stems from people bitching behind everyones backs.

 

We used to be more robust than this I thought? Have certain people forgotten the origin of this threads title?

 

  • Like 2
Posted

Dad's gone out.

He came in, asked when I was going out, said he was too. He never goes out any more.

I asked where he was going and he just dejectedly said he didn't know...

Does he want a bit of company for a walk maybe? Has he been introduced to KFC girl yet ?

Posted

FFS, which **** decided to change the title. If you get offended, don't read it....

Posted

It's called making do! It's been down in the house about a year so it got pulled up and put in bungalow. And there are creases.

Maybe rent a steam cleaner or a carpet shampooer thing and whallop it with that, might get the creases to ease off.

Posted

It's called making do! It's been down in the house about a year so it got pulled up and put in bungalow. And there are creases.

Have you got a carpet stretcher/ knee kicker thing to get the creases pulled out? You can diy one with the left over grip edge and some lumps of timber .

Posted

The thing with "snowflake" is that the meaning that seems to be attributed to it in discussions* such as this is not at all what it actually means.

 

Although it's one of those words which is so hopelessly overused at the moment that it's in danger of losing its original meaning altogether.  Like "racist" and "hate".

  • Like 4
Posted

Have you got a carpet stretcher/ knee kicker thing to get the creases pulled out? You can diy one with the left over grip edge and some lumps of timber .

In my experience pulling creases out of carpet isn't that difficult - it's keeping the bastards from coming back which is the issue.

Posted

Epoxy the whole carpet down, no creases then!

  • Like 3
Posted

 "racist"

 

 

The word is now worthless and has no currency. It's normally wheeled out by the hard of thinking when they've lost an argument. 

 

'Snowflake' is similarly overused. I'm not sure if I've used it or not. As I see it, it's used describe those who get sand in their fanny over shit that really doesn't matter. 

 

'Snakes with tits'. Well whatever.

 

'I hate Pakis'. Yeah, we have a real problem with that.

  • Like 4
Posted

The whole carpet issue is the frigging thing is the wrong shape and dimensions so too narrow in places and huge in others so its like a frigging patchwork quilt.

Posted

Part worn carpet rarely ends well. I'm having new stuff put in my room next month, the old stuff is going in the workshop in roll up 5x10 strips so I can lie under a car and shout at it in comfort.

  • Like 4
Posted

Seeing as the thread title has changed I thought this was apt***

 

 

A rant of the highest order....If you have not seen his other work look it up.

 

 

*** Yes, this is my 1st ever post in here! and No, I have no idea why the thread title has changed from grumpy old men....

  • Like 9
Posted

He's quite excellent - his rants during the last GE were superb.  :-D

Posted

Part worn carpet rarely ends well. I'm having new stuff put in my room next month, the old stuff is going in the workshop in roll up 5x10 strips so I can lie under a car and shout at it in comfort.

Your not supposed to make us laugh in this thread....

  • Like 4
Posted

Well, as the Esperantinos would say - "Bonvulo alsendi la pordiston, lausjane estas rano in mia bideo", and I think we all know what that means.

  • Like 4
Posted

Your not supposed to make us laugh in this thread....

 

 

Ha! I PM'd Cavcraft and asked him if, along with the annual Cunt Count, we could do an Amy count just for you.  :-D

 

Wud u of bin offended doh m8? 

  • Like 2
Posted

Well, as the Esperantinos would say - "Bonvulo alsendi la pordiston, lausjane estas rano in mia bideo", and I think we all know what that means.

 

 

"Good day. Can I clean this brake caliper in your bidet?"

Posted

Well, as the Esperantinos would say - "Bonvulo alsendi la pordiston, lausjane estas rano in mia bideo", and I think we all know what that means.

Can you please send for the hall porter, there appears to be a frog in my bidet.

  • Like 2
Posted

Your father was a baboon's rump, and your mother spent most of her time up against walls with sailors.

  • Like 4
Posted

Ha! I PM'd Cavcraft and asked him if, along with the annual Cunt Count, we could do an Amy count just for you. :-D

 

Wud u of bin offended doh m8?

Awww thanks! I'll have to step my game up!

  • Like 1
Posted

"Good day. Can I clean this brake caliper in your bidet?"

 

"Certainly.  Please be sure to remove the cylinder head from the dishwasher."

  • Like 1
Posted

Discriminated minorities & affirmative action eh..

 

I've just fitted a BarrieWaggon fartcan on my 'oh so Conservative' Toyyo...

 

Am I:-

 

Rebel without cause

 

Rebel o'course

 

A hint'ocourse

 

A fat bloke, in a daft hat, on a motorbike sayinn "Whadda you got?"

 

:/

  • Like 9
Posted

Filled up the Acclaim tonight, averaged just 36.8mpg over the last tank. That's 3mpg less than usual and only 1mpg better than the Doloshite.

 

Bah!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...