The grumpy thread

outlaw118

That's what people said on the Whip Street FB page, totally bazaar, mind you I don't know if it has been sold on since I took this photo as I haven't seen it outside the house for a long while?.

Works related courses. I was losing the will to live a full five minutes into an 7.5 hour bore fest today, and it didn't get any fucking better. I suppose the only good bit was that the geezer who runs that part of work is the same bloke I undertook in some style this morning on the way in and he was doing a different course.  

Ebay, no idea what they've improved but I can't delete any watched items or click on the More Actions button etc.  

Must have spent the £90.00 they molested me for last month on crack rather than programmers.

Well my grump from yesterday has turned into a grin, they were good to their word in 're doing the name plaque and posting it out yesterday, I have just received it from my not so smiley postie, which to be honest has shocked me at the speed of putting right the mistake. Fair play to them

Had my application for a business loan turned down. Was pretty much promised it by the people. no explaination at all. Wouldn't be surprise if funding has been pulled or similar. Puts the cherry on a shit week.

some italian bellend has bid on my auction even tho it says in the lsiting no overseas bidders

funnily enuff have sold stuff to italy (that type of stuff) and it went fine

but no this time i feel a 20 quid postage cost coming on :D

Went to the bloody quack today and it turns out to be a big mistake of course.

Diagnosed with TIA, so off to the fucking hospital tomorrow. Yeah, and banned from driving, too, ffs.

Never go to the doctor's! All they ever do is make you ill.

Sorry to read that.

The sooner medicine gets a fault-code reader for humans, the better.

Get well soon!

I'm suspicious there's a new, even twattier eBay snipebot around.

I've recently seen a few auctions go down to the last minute with 0 bids, then a '1 bid' to appear, shortly followed by '2 bids' but with no price change.

Then today I tried to bid on an IBM Model M keyboard that was actually on the right side of the Pacific, £40 no bids, only for it to go to the last 30 seconds, and four other people to appear out of nowhere and start bidding.

At 1:50pm. 

It ended up going to £57 (+£10 postage), so I've decided I'm just gonna import one from America, as it's actually cheaper than over here if you shop around, and US ones often have about 20 extra buttons, GR9 for mapping up media keys!

Bollocks, I've just googled those IBM keyboards and I binned a load of them a few months ago ... I just thought they were old crap keyboards that were of no use to anyone, I think they were AT connection as well, and no-ones used that for years, hence me chucking them.

A new Unicomp would be £87 - the shipping is only $10 less than the keyboard. Cheapest on US eBay I found was £46 for keyboard, post and US customs.

AT connection ones are annoying as you have to find a suitable cable or adapter from them, but DIN and PS/2 ones are okay.

Ah, didn't look at shipping.  Bad luck skattrd, they're worth a pretty penny even when broken!  Still, that's mostly because in the UK at least they don't make them any more and most people threw them away.  I'd like one in the office but as it's open plan I think it would be about 2 hours before someone beat me with it, they're very loud.

I am quite annoyed about those keyboards, I reckon I must have chucked at least 6 of them, if not more. .... This is what happens when you decide to throw away old crap that has been sitting around for ages unused, you bin it then find it's worth a few quid. That's it I'm going to become a hoarder.

I was tempted to just suck up the cost of importing a USB Unicomp Model M before I finally found a PS/2-USB adaptor that doesn't occasionally flake out or get keys stuck down. 

(the blue cube one)

The keyboard I lost out on came with one of those (and a Torx head screwdriver for some reason).

Might have to get one of those if/when I import a Model M, which is when I can be arsed listing a load of junk on eBay to cover the cost.

I've got an ear infection, which is so painful I couldn't sleep, so I'm having to take painkillers every few hours. Got a spray from the doc's, but it hasn't made a difference yet. Feel like shit as well, was supposed to see some friends last night but didn't feel up to it. This weather (wind and rain) doesn't help either, I've got lots of car-related jobs to be getting on with and I can't drag myself outside to make a start on them.

Being a techhie/breakfix donk means lots of 'peripheral' kit goes into my van. Usually it is R - return broken part/unused. However I once got a Cherry Compact [it is shorter across, but full keyset] for a bank teller position and it came out U - bin old one :)

The daft cow wanted a mouse..... gofigure?

It is ace :) :)

TS