The grumpy thread

outlaw118

14 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Lathams, earlier today. 

20240811_153225.jpg.c9693a907e89a35414d4876cbeda188f.jpg

Cunts. 

It's not so much this that I mind so much as the fact that by the time it's Halloween, you won't be able to buy any Christmas stuff until next Christmas and if you complain some harriden will tell you you need to plan ahead.  Cunts. 

37 minutes ago, barefoot said:

It is used in the UK as a distraction from bonfire night and should therefore be encouraged. 

Bonfire night should be encouraged if only to remind politicians not take us for granted.

Something i quite like popped up for sale, once again, insurance being utter cunts.

They want £950 to cover it. That's steep.... i got a quote for a similar one a few months back and it was £650

So i look on Autotrader for as close an example as i can find, locate one the same age, spec, trim, colour, almost the same mileage. £730.

The only thing i can assume going through what's available for history is that this one has had a private plate on it at 1 point

So of course, a previous owner sticking a private plate on a car that is now off makes ME a significantly higher risk..... of course it does

FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS.

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Lathams, earlier today. 

20240811_153225.jpg.c9693a907e89a35414d4876cbeda188f.jpg

Cunts. 

11 hours ago, chadders said:

I agree but who the hell buys them?

It's still the tourist season and I can't see many people taking them back as pressies from a holiday on the Broads.

In a Spanish city, Vigo, they started putting the Christmas lights up already. Started 1st August. https://www.lasexta.com/noticias/sociedad/vigo-comienza-montar-sus-luces-navidad-pleno-verano-toda-espana-querer-venir_2024073066a90270c5d7cc00012b07c5.html

9 hours ago, red5 said:

Cunts in vans parking in the caravan long spaces at services. Fuck off into the HGV section. 

IMG_20240812_115346_HDR.jpg.4113f3455bff35e24a79f4b8a37dcff5.jpgIMG_20240812_115517.jpg.99052bb29cb9d0106509013392ad08cd.jpgIMG_20240812_115440.jpg.f6f4886818712113670912291de4097c.jpgIMG_20240812_115259.jpg.1d16045662afd7db070d74b62b165abc.jpg

Some of those vehicles look like they belong to the travelling community*

40 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

😬Better or worse than lego or an upturned 13A plug?

Plugs hurt. I'd call it a tie. Though you don't usually end up having to remove a plug from your foot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainrcz said:

Plugs hurt. I'd call it a tie. Though you don't usually end up having to remove a plug from your foot.

Can relate to that, although I recently stood on an upturned drawing pin, which is a nightmare because when you drag your foot up, it comes with it, and then when you loose your balance and put your foot down again, it's a double whammy 🥺

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, andy18s said:

26° at midnight for the last week or so is starting to get a bit much..

Screenshot_20240813-235005_WTForecast.jpg

I absolutely feel your pain.

IMG_4602.png.503cb2b73c61832551c16bad8019962b.png

This summer is hell.

The birds have the right idea, they fuck off to the arctic circle.

5 minutes ago, IronStar said:

I absolutely feel your pain.

IMG_4602.png.503cb2b73c61832551c16bad8019962b.png

This summer is hell.

Remember that well from living in Sweden.  The first year transitioned from -40 to +35 in no time, and remained like that for months, never known anything like it.

Mad Jean banned the Mrs, but I'm unfortunately still her friend*

Her latest obsession is that fiddle bloke, Andre Rieu. So you stick his name in the facebook search box,  do you go for the one with the blue tick and 20m followers, or do you go for fake fiddler with 3 followers? Yep, fake it is.

She eventually works out 3 followers one is a fake romance scammer. So she finds another random fake, and goes oi Andre! this guys pretending to be you....

Tonight the plot is totally lost:
There is somebody who is sending messages that are not nice like,i love yoj, where abouts are you, i love you and other messages like this and i feel sick and worry and i am thinking of writing to the B.B.C. and put in a complain to Facebook. This is upsetting both i and mhy husband who are both elderlh and ill. I want to go on the televidion to speak about mhy expreriences, it is very important that such people sjould be delt with by the Law. They need sueing for such upsettging behaviour, thdy need at leat some punishment

Panorama: tonight Mad Jean exposes lies on the internet. With a guest appearance by Andre Rieu and the Johann Strauss orchestra performing live in Jean's front room.

Back to work tonight. Genuinely don't think I can deal with it anymore.

I've been blocking it out and just getting on with it for years, but recently I've been getting anxious just thinking about it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, iainrcz said:

Back to work tonight. Genuinely don't think I can deal with it anymore.

I've been blocking it out and just getting on with it for years, but recently I've been getting anxious just thinking about it.

My grandad used to say, when you start thinking

" fuck it, I've got to go there again' , then it's time you didn't.

Not necessarily that easy to make the jump tho, I understand that 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, comfortablynumb said:

What does it mean when you think "oh god, this again" every time you wake up?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, reb said:

What does it mean when you think "oh god, this again" every time you wake up?

Let me know when you find an answer..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, comfortablynumb said:

I've hated it for a long time now, but just stuck with it.

I'm not dealing with the stress of it as well as I was.

My brain just shuts down.

• Sad 1

My situation has changed now that I had to stop working to be a full time carer for family, but I always went with the opinion that if I was happier stacking shelves in a supermarket, then so be it.

I've had some pretty fancy job titles in my time, doesn't mean shit.

Happiest I've ever been? Kitchen boy in a chip shop, or barman where the landlord was the laziest bugger you can imagine, and I basically ended up running the bar, ordering beers etc.

Lot of work, but I did what I wanted, what I thought would make the punters happy, and it seemed to work.

Must have been doing something right, when I finally left, the pub had to close 🤣

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, comfortablynumb said:

My situation has changed now that I had to stop working to be a full time carer for family, but I always went with the opinion that if I was happier stacking shelves in a supermarket, then so be it.

I've had some pretty fancy job titles in my time, doesn't mean shit.

Happiest I've ever been? Kitchen boy in a chip shop, or barman where the landlord was the laziest bugger you can imagine, and I basically ended up running the bar, ordering beers etc.

Lot of work, but I did what I wanted, what I thought would make the punters happy, and it seemed to work.

Must have been doing something right, when I finally left, the pub had to close 🤣

There's a lot to be said for a job you enjoy, irrespective of how much "prestige" it has attached.

I honestly miss mine at Aberdeen City Council.  Worked with an absolute diamond of a team of people, really enjoyed a lot of what I did as it was a job where I actually got to see a real world positive impact of what I was doing, and two days were never the same.  The inevitable politics drove me round the twist sometimes, and having a public facing phone number could occasionally make you want to lose the will to live - but by and large I really enjoyed it.

Aside from having to defend idiotic decisions made way higher up the tree, no matter how daft and short sighted they were.  That bit can get in the sea.

Having seen the stresses and problems the rest of the family have had with their work has made me really realise how bloody lucky I was though.  Great team, great manager, and interesting, varied role.

Does it sound glamorous to say I worked there?  Not in the slightest.  Did I care?  Nope.

Idiot sister got a £70 fine for taking horseshit van thing into Sheffield's clean air zone without paying.

Er it's a 2005 Renault, why did you think it would be ok?

NOBODY told me there was a clean air zone.

So you didn't notice the big signs at both sides of the road, or it written on the road, or the repeater signs, or ever watch news about it being introduced? 

NO! Google maps told me to go that way so it's their fault!

Yeah cos they're the ones driving and not looking out the windscreen.....

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Idiot sister got a £70 fine for taking horseshit van thing into Sheffield's clean air zone without paying.

Er it's a 2005 Renault, why did you think it would be ok?

NOBODY told me there was a clean air zone.

So you didn't notice the big signs at both sides of the road, or it written on the road, or the repeater signs, or ever watch news about it being introduced? 

NO! Google maps told me to go that way so it's their fault!

Yeah cos they're the ones driving and not looking out the windscreen.....

How have you not been sectioned yet?

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Wibble said:

It’s not worth it mate, get out, quickly.

I wouldn't have a clue what to do to be honest. I've worked there since I was 24. I'm 44 this year.