Autoshite technical help. Ask questions about how the site works here.

Pillock

On 8/24/2021 at 12:50 AM, Slartibartfast said:

I have no idea if I can fix that issue, but I'll investigate, and if I can't figure it out I'll try raising it with Invision.

It's been an issue I've personally had ever since the "new" system was introduced, along with the editor randomly deleting your whole post glitch.  Though I've only encountered this issue handling tags on mobile, the aforementioned text deletion issue has been observed on all platforms I have access to (Chrome & Firefox on two versions of Android, Linux and Windows 10).

20 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

It's been an issue I've personally had ever since the "new" system was introduced, along with the editor randomly deleting your whole post glitch.  Though I've only encountered this issue handling tags on mobile, the aforementioned text deletion issue has been observed on all platforms I have access to (Chrome & Firefox on two versions of Android, Linux and Windows 10).

Can confirm those bugs are still present

if it helps for diagnostic purposes I managed to actually catch it on video a while back

the only way I have been able to get the editor to stop deleting text when it does so

is by clicking off of the browser window to another window/app I have open, then clicking back to the browser where it will then highlight the text its been nuking, which I can then unhilight finally and will finally let me continue typing without it being deleted

• 2 weeks later...

Not had any errors yet but have noted that I've been seeing several periods of 30 seconds to a minute where the site goes unresponsive.  Guessing these two things are connected.

Edit: There we go - just had my first 502 error so they're definitely popping up.

6 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Several 502 errors this afternoon whatever they mean. Couldn’t access the site for ten mins or so ( was trying to message @Mrs6C).

• 2 weeks later...

Two phones.

Samsung Galaxy A40. Android 10.

Google Pixel 4a Android 11.

Same version of chrome browser 94.0.4606.50. 

Samsung works brilliant. Google phone works like crap. Can't post, can't follow\unfollow, (spiny wheel of doom) can't even hit return to make a new line for a sentence when trying to post. New phone but I've cleared cache just incase. Any ideas?

Is anyone using the tapatalk app? I am having a weird issue where I can't see messages either sent or received but can send? They only work in a browser fully? 

I have opened a call with the tapatalk bods directly. 

Does anyone know what version of the plugin we are using here? It works on other sites just fine.

Just now, bangernomics said:

Is anyone using the tapatalk app? I am having a weird issue where I can't see messages either sent or received but can send? They only work in a browser fully? 

I have opened a call with the tapatalk bods directly. 

Does anyone know what version of the plugin we are using here? It works on other sites just fine.

Can't help with Tapatalk, I did use it for a little while last year but I moved entirely to the AS mobile page which is rather good. 

10 minutes ago, loserone said:

Please can we look into removing the ability for users to delete their own threads? It often deletes a lot of other peoples' content at the same time and is incredibly confusing and frustrating.  

I'd agree with this, but with still allowing the poster to contact the mods to request a delete.

It would prevent the spur of the moment flounces that result in good threads going in the bin because of some minor spat.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm regularly unable to upload images from Chrome Android and Chrome Desktop.

Doesn't seem to be consistent but has happened 5-10 times. File sizes are <2MB.

I'll add a file and it'll sit indefinitely in an 'uploading state'. 

This seems to come in pairs with the 'submit reply' button failing to complete as well

On 30/09/2021 at 09:59, loserone said:

Please can we look into removing the ability for users to delete their own threads? It often deletes a lot of other peoples' content at the same time and is incredibly confusing and frustrating.  

Sorry missed this one when it was originally posted. This is something that has been discussed previously. I’ll bring it up again. 

21 hours ago, sdkrc said:

I'm regularly unable to upload images from Chrome Android and Chrome Desktop.

Doesn't seem to be consistent but has happened 5-10 times. File sizes are <2MB.

I'll add a file and it'll sit indefinitely in an 'uploading state'. 

This seems to come in pairs with the 'submit reply' button failing to complete as well

That’s a strange one… is it just chrome or have you tried other browsers too? 

Not tried other browsers but seems odd that it would only fail occasionally but on desktop and mobile. Ran into the same issue today but with submitting a reply.

I can reply to the same thread 15mins later with no issues and in the same tab.

5.2mins to fail to submit a comment and the failed reply service worker worked immediately. 

image.thumb.png.3d1642610a035a84c7aaadaecb8f7e8e.png

image.thumb.png.2ef942bda55bce0b7a744d92ecbec881.png

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

I'm sure the answer is in this thread somewhere already but the search function isn't bringing up any results..

How do I embed a You Tube video on here? Firefox on a Windows 10 PC.

If you mean how do you link to a You Tube video, then this is the way I do it:

1. Go to the Youtube video.

2. Right click on the video view and choose the 'Copy video URL' or 'Copy video URL at current time' menu option as appropriate.

3. Paste the copied URL into the AS post.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

Someone may have asked this before, but how do I add a thing under all my thread posts that I can put my fleet on, etc? I’ve only been working on an Android and an iPad so understand maybe it’s something you can only do on desktop? Many thanks! 

On iPad or iPhone, click on your profile by using the three horizontal bars at the top right of the page, then click on account followed by account settings, then settings area.

Then you should see ‘signature’ appear with a little pencil after it…click on the pencil and then type in what you want to appear at the foot of each post you make and click save - job hopefully done!

On 11/17/2021 at 11:13 PM, AxWomble said:

Someone may have asked this before, but how do I add a thing under all my thread posts that I can put my fleet on, etc? I’ve only been working on an Android and an iPad so understand maybe it’s something you can only do on desktop? Many thanks! 

I have no idea if this works with the devices you are using. This is how I  added my signature.

Go to your Profile Page.

At the top right click open your forum name and this drop down will appear.

image.thumb.png.73018365dbc1e73ccd2e49a5a6cabab3.png

Click open account settings and the the following page. I have only given a small screen shot as it is here you can see other pesonal deatils like email

image.thumb.png.fb2da316840dac9dac314aaf1cab4664.png

It is here you can change your signature.