What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Who are these people, and what did they do with the real European Commission?

(tl;dr Finally, a decision that makes sense - no more EU funding for BNP-alike political parties in Europe)

Good. If anything because they bleat on about being anti-EU but are happy to accept cheques from that system.

Sounds a bit like the 'immigrant Muslim terrorist Polish scroungers' they bleat on about doesn't it. Hypocrites much?

Mind you, being hypocrites is the least of their faults.

Been quad trekking with Mrs S today, and it was ACE. It was the last of her birthday presents from me, which we've had since March, but haven't had chance to do.

Went on a 10 mile, hour long trek around a massive farm, taking in loads of steep banks, streams and a tunnel under the M6. At the first steep bank, I thought Mrs S might bottle it, but she loved every minute. Quads were pretty cool, too. Would pull up any of the banks from tickover, no problem, so ne risk of getting stuck, and the instructor was one of those down to earth, straight talking types, who didn't fill you full of crap, just encouraged you to do as much as you felt comfortable with.

Top day!

belated congrats, Lousie!

My grin is selling the house today for a grand more than we sold it for last time plus having an extra £50 grand to spend thanks to a lucky early inheritance. Oh, and not having to give the Santander two grand is good too.

Now the real grin would be that we could buy the house we should have moved into a month ago.

Some poor sod on wheeler dealers just gave Mike Brewer £23,000 for a AC Cobra rep which is running a Chevy 350 and a big carb. Mike added a pair of cats to get it through the IVA emissions, which it just snook it through with brand new cats. Good luck replacing £600 worth of cats for every MOT :lol: Needs a computer controlled carb like and R reg Lada. Oh, hang on, no, even those plugged the cats up by the first MOT :lol:

Wasn't a bad 45 minutes telly though.

Some poor sod on wheeler dealers just gave Mike Brewer £23,000 for a AC Cobra rep which is running a Chevy 350 and a big carb. Mike added a pair of cats to get it through the IVA emissions, which it just snook it through with brand new cats. Good luck replacing £600 worth of cats for every MOT :lol: Needs a computer controlled carb like and R reg Lada. Oh, hang on, no, even those plugged the cats up by the first MOT :lol:

Wasn't a bad 45 minutes telly though.

The bloke who spotted the Morris Ital also spotted some other cars on the saem stretch of road in a similar condition, one of them was ratted Vauxhall, done so well it really did look patina'd, but upon closer look, it looked deliberately done, too neat and tidy in some places and the body left in a generally bad condition:

7172659478_7f634a832e_z.jpg

Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 Base by Charles Dawson, on Flickr

I suspect they were coming from some sort of show/retro rides gathering?

The bloke who spotted the Morris Ital also spotted some other cars on the saem stretch of road in a similar condition, one of them was ratted Vauxhall, done so well it really did look patina'd, but upon closer look, it looked deliberately done, too neat and tidy in some places and the body left in a generally bad condition:

7172659478_7f634a832e_z.jpg

Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 Base by Charles Dawson, on Flickr

I suspect they were coming from some sort of show/retro rides gathering?

Now that's how you do rat look

It seems MG might have cottoned on to the fact that no-one wants to pay 16 grand for one of their cars. If you trade in your current bit of old rammel they'll give you 3 grand off making an MG6 £12,455.

I guess at that kind of money it's a bit more tempting as you'd not even get a bogo Focus for that (although a bogo Focus might be better?)

mg6saloon.jpg

http://www.cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/mg-dealers-mega-value-deals-on-mg6-models/69767

On TV - Sort of half watching 'Murder, She Wrote' on ITV3. This time, Jessica Fletcher is in Ireland (the accompanying actress is putting on an unconvincing Irish accent :lol: ). She has just been dropped off in a fairly basic series 1 Citroen CX. 8) Seeing the Renault 21 hatchback and a 'behemoth' Merc S Class indicates that it was probably filmed in the early to mid 1990s. :D

I wonder if Angela Lansbury is a secret fan of Citroen CXs? :? Last week, she was in Hong Kong and there's a shot of a CX Pallas or Prestige pulling up outside some posh establishment. :mrgreen:

[ing]pic deleted by me as apparently facebook just gives you stupidly high resolutions - 2002 Clio van[/ing]

COURTESY CAR SHITE!

As the supplier forgot to send my local garage the bits for a timing belt change, I've been lent this. Low miles 220,000, actually feels surprisingly well screwed together with a pretty decent engine (1.5dci) and smooth gearbox. Couple of dashboard lights on but they never harmed anybody. Sorry to admit but I actually quite like it :oops:

Outraged from Tunbridge Wells having a go at me on the "Bargains" thread.

Laugh? I nearly shat.

I can see that daft twat turning into EPIC TROLL in record time. He's already donr that bit where he quotes everyonr then adds the sort of response you'd expect a slightly deranged 7 year old to make, and the usual flexing of the e-cock has been done

Let him twat on about trying to sell rattly old clunkers for five times their value, we can just sit back and laugh at him.