What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Was on my way down to my friend's garage this morning when my phone rang. I was on a back lane, so I pulled over to take the call. It's the local radio station, Rock FM, which has phone-in competitions all the time, which I almost always enter. They'd only picked my number out from all the correct answers... I AM A WINNAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 25 euro voucher to spend in a local frozen-food shop. So naturally I dropped in to the studio to collect it, then went home for the boss and we did a quick blast round the freezers. Apple crumble for afters tomorrow! :D

Not bad just for knowing which song the lyric came from....

Was on my way down to my friend's garage this morning when my phone rang. I was on a back lane, so I pulled over to take the call. It's the local radio station, Rock FM, which has phone-in competitions all the time, which I almost always enter. They'd only picked my number out from all the correct answers... I AM A WINNAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 25 euro voucher to spend in a local frozen-food shop. So naturally I dropped in to the studio to collect it, then went home for the boss and we did a quick blast round the freezers. Apple crumble for afters tomorrow! :D

Not bad just for knowing which song the lyric came from....

Challenge us then! What was the lyric?

we sold our house today on the fourth viewing! Shame the one we wanted is SSTC as of the beginning of the week.

Solid state Tesla coil?

sold subject to contract - I hope the bid I put in today was high enough to make the vendors change their mind.

the motorhome goes on monday hopefully too and I am finance and debt free.

Dragged myself out of bed this morning after about 2 hours sleep to goto a car boot* selling with the weather being normal for a change.

Managed to make about £180.00 so not too bad. :mrgreen:

Managed to get parked so we were stood in the shade cast by the transit (Hi Roof) which made it colder than it was. :roll:

Then spent an extra hour getting home due to the M1 being closed Junction 37/36...

*breaking the rules by not having an inkjet printer, footspa, stepper machine or any other car boot stall staples on the stall.

I recently swapped a guitar effects pedal with my ol' man for a bright pink Flying V ukulele. I love it! The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain are a massive inspiration - going to see them for the fourth time this summer when they play the big Citroen meet. Still very much getting to grips with it, so sadly no SOC-standard videos. However, I can play a lot more chords on it than I ever managed on guitar. My main stringed instrument is the bass though, so it's a bit odd switching between the two...

A mild car-related grin is that the BX is now wearing the correct BX19RD badge, rather than pretending to be a 19TRS.

Oh, and spring. Very much making me grin.

Lovely day today so decided not to go to the Brooklands Austin Morris Day and instead have spent the day grinding and welding on my MK1. N/S/F floorpan, both original-spec outriggers and most of the chassis rail on that side have all been replaced and the new box sections have been rustproofed with the proper weld thru primer stuff. A major step towards the car getting back on the road again :)

A degree of rareness, style, slight shabbiness and patina and tasteful wide wheels. Top Shite.

The bloke's got two; he stays near my garage, last time I passed he had two Nova saloons in the garage, this Kadett and his slightly older example...

4437275973_2fd4251a13_z.jpg?zz=1

WDE 308T & MKB 936R by cms206, on Flickr

Looks like he ran out of T-Cut and polish after doing the first one !

We watched Carry On Camping on DVD last night. What a shite-fest these things are (and how easily one forgets)! :D Sid James got to drive both a Bedford HA and a Mk2 Consul, and in one scene there was a Borgward estate highly visible.

Got handed a nice little surprise as I was leaving the office earlier on.

Nice one! Is it any good?

Seems decent enough, the camera's quite good, and the GPS yoho is pretty accurate. Gonna try it in the car later on to see what it's like. The touchscreen seems sluggish, but I think I rushed the calibration a bit. I'll factory reset it later on and set it up properly. What a great pressie!