What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Current bikeshite fleet includes the '86 GS450, '88 Honda CG125, '88 Yamaha TY250 and a Ural outfit. Lurking in the back of the garage lies a TDR250, GAS GAS EC250, and a brace of CB500's. The kids have a pair of 80's Honda QR50's (one for spares) and a Puch Magnum :D

TDR 250's are GR973,here's my old one :)

Im000175.jpg

Check out this awrsum MG6 photo shoot. It took me about 30 seconds of looking at it to realise there was actually a car in the picture.

424904_10150637628332910_51303692909_9181751_1442659679_n.jpg

Beneath the many layers of photoshop, that's Tintern Abbey. We stopped there after picking the Herald up.

And I thought I was crap at HDR.

Took the Bini for it's MOT today and it passed with NO ADVISORIES! The guy there was a proper old school tester who does nothing but tests so has nothing to gain from finding faults. Nice little shop so can recommend any local Thurrock shiters to go to the Daneholes MOT place at Blackshots.

I say passed with no problems ~ one of the indicators was very dim, so he wanged in a new bulb gratis which was decent of him. Either way, legal for another year so one less thing to worry about.

Am I the only person who paces up and down chain smoking when my cars are being tested? I think becoming a dad for the first time was less stressful!

Scoring an Xbox360 for 99p (yes, that's right) off evilbay thanks to a dreadful advert and borked GPU. After the disappointment of finding it had already been 'repaired' once in its past, I pressed on and reflowed the GPU with a paint-burner :lol: After re-assembly, bugger me if it didn't work like a dream :mrgreen: Do need some beefier fans though, as the last 'repair' has mangled 2 of the heatsink vanes. Still a result, though.

Hot 31.2mpg out of the Merc today and that's without using the cruise control. Even scored dead on 30 going over Woodhead Pass, quite impressed with that!

We have a problem with 'people' blocking one or both our cars in on a semi-regular basis. We'd been out in my car today and hadn't been back more than ten minutes when I looked out of the window to find that some ARSE had done it again, but they had made the mistake of parking with the driver's side facing my car. So...

S7304586.jpg

I greatly enjoyed watching from the upstairs window as the dick struggled to get in.

Agreed, but you can never underestimate the intelligence of the general public... :( However stupid you think they can be, they will always take your breath away.

As someone who works with the general public - too bloody right!

I actually wonder if its a power thing going on there? Mr. thickasshit in his lardy Peugeot thinking he's da man and claiming some sort of moral superiority by obstructing a c.20 year old car parked in a driveway. :x

On a slightly similar note it really pisses me off when someone parks in my designated space outside my flat. The last time I left a note on the windscreen of a Hiace van that did so and worded it as if I was telling off a misbehaving 3 year old - 'This is my parking space - Do not park here again!'. Sharp and direct - hasn't happened since.

Put new tyres on my C5 and daughter's Astra yesterday.

I call the tyre fitter 'talkative Bob', he's a very nice, helpful and skilled fitter but does enjoy a natter.

Not that I have anything against it but it is generally when I have ten minutes to get somewhere else, usually back to work.

He always has a story of customer idiocy and yesterday there were several.

The best one, somewhat edited or we'd be here all day, was that a bloke and his son had turned up half an hour before closing time and wanted ten tyres swapping over..

The story being that the car they were in was being sold that evening and they wanted the tyres off it and some others they had putting on it.

These two were rather unpleasant to say the least, with much profanity, vulgarity etc.

Bob looked in the car, where five wheels awaited.

He said to the two that he couldn't do it. Much to their displeasure.

Naturally they wanted to know why.

He explained that, in the first place it was a three hour job and he closed in half an hour. That was problem one.

Problem two was that the wheels in the boot were 13" rims, while the wheels on the car were 14".

They seemed to think that that wasn't a problem and it could be done in half an hour. "The rubber will stretch" was their stance.

Bob was unable to do other than invite them to go forth and multiply, taking their wheels with them.

Ah yes A5, but you know people with towtrucks! :lol: We don't all, sadly. I used to live near Royal Birkdale golf course, you can imagine what street-parking was like when the Open was on.

sling a rope around the steering rack and drag it

or just superglue the doorhandles

Another scan from a old magazine, This one from Car magazine, June 1993, features Richard Bremner buying a Simca 1204 Special for £60, DVLA says it's recently gone on SORN!.

GPG 162K:

Tax Status: SORN Not Due

Expiry Date: 01/02/2013

Registration Date: 01/08/1971

6953933093_26cdee8309_b.jpg

Buying a Simca 1204 Special Feature 1993 (1) by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

6953933097_d9b6afa714_b.jpg

Buying a Simca 1204 Special Feature 1993 (2) by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

and here the original advert from 1970.

4768835813_89bf768288_b.jpg

Simca 1204 Special Advert 1970 by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

Did some loft clearing today with an increasingly flu filled FATHA_WAT, and dug some of my old tat out of the loft.

DSC_0060bJPG.jpg

DSC_0055b.jpg

Amazing to see all my childhood tat again. Most of my Motor City survived us moving house, and I'm planning on selling off a couple of the larger Britains \ Corgis I had lying around, because they're fairly valuable.

I rescued a huge pile from my idiot cousin a while back, and I'm sure more stuff will come to light. I'm still missing that Matchbox Superkings Rally Raid Peugeot 305 - that was one of my favourites.

The rear lights on the rover where looking a bit shite and I didn't fancy buying now ones so I spent a couple of hours fileing off the lettering, wet sanding them with 800grit then 1200grit before finally wizing over them with some compound.

Pretty chuffed with the results.

6955270351_216028b73f.jpg

sd1light by cort16, on Flickr

We have a problem with 'people' blocking one or both our cars in on a semi-regular basis. We'd been out in my car today and hadn't been back more than ten minutes when I looked out of the window to find that some ARSE had done it again, but they had made the mistake of parking with the driver's side facing my car. So...

S7304586.jpg

I greatly enjoyed watching from the upstairs window as the dick struggled to get in.

You left him room to get in? A pro would've got the Rover so close that the bumper was only the thickness of a playing card away from his door so that even moving it would have been difficult to do without damaging anything, much less getting in.

S7304586.jpg

Hm. That's totally unacceptable.

If you'd rather not have a polite but forceful word with the fucker that parked it there, or whichever of your neighbours it was visiting, perhaps you could get some mates around with trolley jacks to drag the car to the other side of the street and chain its rear axle to that drainage grate?

You do have to wonder how someone who could park there, get out of the drivers door right and not realise/care that he's blocked two cars in. And how come someone like that hasn't already been murdered a few times by angry road rage meatheads by pulling similar dumbarse stunts