What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Listened to this the other night :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... _The_Minx/

Count Arthur goes about trying to get insurance for his Hillman Minx

"I bought my Hillman Minx because it is the Rolls-Royce of the motor car world" :lol::lol:

I love Count Arthur Strong. Him and John Shuttleworth are easily my two favourite comedy characters. 8)

My old C900 8v Turbo that I sold on to someone who promised to fix it lives! He tracked it down to a broken hall sensor in the distributor. Apparently it came close to being torched many many times. Whilst I am gutted i didnt get to fix it I dont think I would have ever tracked it down.

Really happy that he didnt jsut scrap it as it is a mega early one as well. The joys of old cars.

Well, not so much a grin but a result at least. I bought a set of new Rover mats still in packet off ebay quite cheap, 3 weeks pass, nothing seems to have been sent, e-mail and phone the seller, no reply. Open up a dispute and a couple of days later I get a full refund.

The Carwash stalled for a bit due to weather but it looks like the guy will need my help every now and again. My usual work at the warehouse is pretty much ongoing and it looks like I'll be there for qite a while yet, agency told me not to keep calling them every wek and to just keep on going in, one of the area managers said they would like to keep myself and another long-term agency worker on until further notice.

Cripes! Things are actually going Ok for once :shock:

100_1632-vi.jpg

These are my carports, in my back yard. Granada now lives under the empty one, A40 lives where you see the pickup. Well in all the foul weather we've had recently (yes really!) the canopy over the A40 has been ripped to shreds. Grin? A mate rang today to say his has been damaged too, and he's buying a new canopy. Do I want his old one? I was there within the hour... So that's my weekend taken care of, repairing his canopy and fitting it to my frame. Total cost, about 3 litres of derv to go and get it. That's the right price. :wink:

Me and a mate have managed to drop onto some really good storage - Only a couple of council garages, but we've managed to get the end two on a small row of 8 that are out of the way and fairly secure, best of all the row backs onto the end of his garden so its absolutely ideal. We're going to run some power and alarm them, and we've already put a gate in the fence so we can work on stuff on the hardstanding at the end of his garden if needs be. All for £5.40 per week.

Now I just need to buy a Reliant Kitten to put in it and subsequently push the boundaries of "no major vehicle repairs on garage premises" by installing an MX5 engine and gearbox.

Now I just need to buy a Reliant Kitten to put in it and subsequently push the boundaries of "no major vehicle repairs on garage premises" by installing an MX5 engine and gearbox.

Doesn't sound like a "repair" to me, does it say no Japanese engine swaps?

I thought the meaning was that a Reliant Kitten wasn't a major vehicle.

Any repair, regardless of size, of certain Fordson tractors wouldn't be allowed.

But all work on an Opel Commodore, any car owned by an individual not a company or Lieutenant Gruber's little tank from 'Allo 'Allo should be fine.

SSD drive is brilliant.

Best £80 I've ever spent on PC stuff! Made 10x more difference than any other "upgrade" I've done before. I'm going to get one for all of my machines in time.

Doesn't sound like a "repair" to me, does it say no Japanese engine swaps?

I thought the meaning was that a Reliant Kitten wasn't a major vehicle.

Haha, I was planning on using the "it worked perfectly well, I wasn't fixing it, just changing it" defence, but now I've got the not a major vehicle card, I'm unstoppable!