What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've got an FSO*!

Bit of a bidding war earlier on and, as always with eBay, I paid more than I originally wanted to. Still, excitement has hit me like a tidal wave and I expect to be taking ownership mid-week some time!

*Badge that is.

$(KGrHqF,!qUE88fkHRKJBPZh8LQSe!~~60_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:3160

Yay, well done Billy! I was watching that too but wouldn't have paid the price... You'll be wearing it at Coniston, of course?

Finally bought new camera... in true shite fashion I bought a run out model at knockdown price because everyone is rushing to buy it's replacement.

Nice choice indeed. That's how I got my Fuji F6500, an awesome camera which I'm in no hurry to replace. Nice spot too - I love the shape of MK3 Fiestas. Were they the last Fords to have actual hubcaps instead of proper wheel trims?

Knock up a few buns to take to work today. :)

thats a nice thought, i hope they appreciated it

Next Friday I'll be handing them round after this week's experiment of leaving them in the office and letting people help themselves. :wink:

"Gosha" admitted to craming 5 into herself but she coluld have had 10 and I wouldn't have minded as she said thank you...

3 other faggots didn't say a word which to me is taking the piss big time when all 3 of them had more than one, doesn't take a second to say thanks? :roll:

So they won't get any next week.

We're supposed to be having a men vs women bake-off at work this week in support of Sport Relief. Been a good few years since I did any baking, but I might try and knock up some sort of cake. One of the girls in my department is brilliant at making cakes (as well as being quite fit) so it should be an enjoyable gorge-fest if nothing else.

We're supposed to be having a men vs women bake-off at work this week in support of Sport Relief. Been a good few years since I did any baking, but I might try and knock up some sort of cake. One of the girls in my department is brilliant at making cakes (as well as being quite fit) so it should be an enjoyable gorge-fest if nothing else.

Make a Rainbow Cake in Olympic colours?

rainbow-cake-cut.jpg

Nice camera choice there Andy, where did you buy it from? I did see Argos had them reduced. I have the HS10, brilliant cameras.

Currys were most unhelpful (only tried them as we needed a new washing machine) - ended up in Jessops, £216 though I spent another hundred quid on assorted sundries including my first tripod for nightshite shootage. Pretty happy with it so far, seems pretty decent.

I've got an FSO*!

Bit of a bidding war earlier on and, as always with eBay, I paid more than I originally wanted to. Still, excitement has hit me like a tidal wave and I expect to be taking ownership mid-week some time!

*Badge that is.

$(KGrHqF,!qUE88fkHRKJBPZh8LQSe!~~60_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:3160

Yay, well done Billy! I was watching that too but wouldn't have paid the price... You'll be wearing it at Coniston, of course?

I'll just leave this here... I would wear it at Shite in the Lakes but I fear you lot would kick my melt in to get it off me...

398248_10150612705597525_522877524_9468156_473169020_n.jpg

I'll just leave this here... I would wear it at Shite in the Lakes but I fear you lot would kick my melt in to get it off me...

398248_10150612705597525_522877524_9468156_473169020_n.jpg

I have a Lada Riva badge, exactly like that one ^^^ (well, except it's a Riva, not an FSO) knocking about somewhere, along with a couple of normal round Sierra ones iirc... Must dig them out and put them on Ebay for massive profit. Or just give them away to someone here who'll actually wear them...

Seeing a Vauxhall Victor stopping to assist a broken down Isetta bubble car yesterday.

Seeing two Pug 205s over the weekend.

Catching the 2cv / Pug 504 chase from For Your Eyes Only before watching an old episode of Lovejoy on tv.

Getting my shite back from the bodyshop perfectly repaired, and looking better than before the damage (which was definitely one for the grumpy thread, as it happened while my car was parked and they didn't leave a note).

Before...

7018980729_5d727995fe_n.jpg 6872870852_80f285f6ff_n.jpg

After...

6872899110_34db40c210_n.jpg6872861716_92515e12f2_n.jpg

And the icing on the cake was following a tatty looking D reg Volvo estate on the way home!

Shiny. I do like mk3 gowfs. Don't tell anyone.

Yours? Excellent! My parents had a couple of trailer-tents in the 90s and were very happy with them. Easy to tow with a 1982 Lada estate, as it happens....... :wink:

Yup. Likewise, we always went trailer-tenting in my yoof (I think a '92 challenger was our first - brand new at the time and swanky as hell).

I had a weirdy non-conway trailer tent which I got rid of about 7 years ago, and I've been looking for one cheap enough for about a year - saw this with no pictures and a £150 BIN last week and picked it up today. I've not had it open yet for fear of unfolding it in the middle of clumber park only to find I can't fold it back on my own and being stuck there FOREVAR. Also working nights this week (IE now) and needed to get home for a sleep. Looks like it's been well looked after though. Newish hitch, newish wheels and tyres and recently-ish painted chassis. From what I've seen the canvas is fine, and it's been kept under a carport, which is encouraging. The cover's knacked, but it's got a big tarp underneath which seems to do what it needs to for now.

Ridiculous to tow, you can see over it in the rear view mirror, it weighs nothing, and it's much narrower than the car. I see it as a lovely legitimate excuse to pootle at 56 among the lorries (not in their braking area, obv) and chill out.

Smashing. :mrgreen:

For ultimate Shite points, of course, you should be towing it with the Herald..... :D

Have I lost my mind? Not a bit of it, my parents pulled their first one with a 1972 Viva, though it was only 13 years old at the time. You'll have a very relaxing time that way...

Last week I noticed the osf bumper endcap of my van dislodged, and looking a little scuffed as if brushed by a tyre. I replaced front and rear bumpers a couple of years ago, even gave them a decent coat of paint, and both have recieved minor dings from touch parking mongs, and although minor still pisses me off, only this time I have a dash cam that runs all the time off an auxiliary battery, great, lets get the bastard, only I borrowed the aux battery the day before for another car so the cam has only been running when the ignition is on, fucksticks. Then today I recieve a letter from Arrivas assessors saying sorry for the damage, please get in touch so we can fix it, and a long list of loan vehicles available. So a bus driver has clipped my bumper, and then taken my reg and reported it, how uncommonly decent is that? With this in mind I don't think I should claim for something I can probably kick back into place, and the scuff adds character.

Nice to experience something that doesn't provoke my contempt of the human race and push me ever nearer to going all serial killer murderous rampage.

"Individuality"

screamed the headline on VW bus and camper magazine. The featured bus? A lowered, pastel coloured, eleventy-window on chromed fucks rims.

Just like all the rest.

index.php?callback=image&pid=3098&width=156&height=224

I'd rather have one of these.

toyotarv2.jpg

Last week I noticed the osf bumper endcap of my van dislodged, and looking a little scuffed as if brushed by a tyre. I replaced front and rear bumpers a couple of years ago, even gave them a decent coat of paint, and both have recieved minor dings from touch parking mongs, and although minor still pisses me off, only this time I have a dash cam that runs all the time off an auxiliary battery, great, lets get the bastard, only I borrowed the aux battery the day before for another car so the cam has only been running when the ignition is on, fucksticks. Then today I recieve a letter from Arrivas assessors saying sorry for the damage, please get in touch so we can fix it, and a long list of loan vehicles available. So a bus driver has clipped my bumper, and then taken my reg and reported it, how uncommonly decent is that? With this in mind I don't think I should claim for something I can probably kick back into place, and the scuff adds character.

Nice to experience something that doesn't provoke my contempt of the human race and push me ever nearer to going all serial killer murderous rampage.

That's nice to hear - if you don't claim it report this back and say why and that the driver should be thanked for their honesty.

"Individuality"

screamed the headline on VW bus and camper magazine. The featured bus? A lowered, pastel coloured, eleventy-window on chromed fucks rims.

Just like all the rest.

Is there something wrong with liking lowered eleventy window, split rim buses? I think they look superb when done well.

Aug25+15.JPG

untitled-vi.jpg

(Two different ones photo'd above...)