What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

My Sprinter went in for its first service yesterday (37500 miles) which is basically an oil and filter change,also while it was in they replaced the front pads and fitted the spare wheel to the rear.

Driving back to the dealer to collect it i guessed the bill would be about £375 tops.

20210508_212533.thumb.jpg.d4c38a819ee419adfbbd2670126de8ac.jpg

"Shit the bed" how much !!

That'll upset the boss man. 😂😂

44 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/business/popular-stoke-trent-taxi-firm-5378169

Hope they've done their due diligence,  good chance they've paid millions for a fleet of very leggy Avensis and Almeras..

My firm got sold, they owned nothing, no building, no taxis, nothing!.

They basically purchased a phone number, for almost half a million.......

1 hour ago, Neil clark said:

That's quite a deal! 

Did they have council school contracts or something? 

10 hours ago, Neil clark said:

Valuing the goodwill and intellectual property of any business is always interesting.  

What's to stop someone setting up and taking business.  

Whats is it about your business that stops the customer going somewhere else? 

Assuming a long term contract, you'd like to assume that a council, has a transparent purchasing strategy, which looks beyond the price, and looks at track record, quality of service, the way the employees of the competing taxi firms are treated, flexibility, business structure etc. The full supplier assessment and proper strategic sourcing. 

As opposed to always usingbwho you be used, or always using whoever has the best backhander. 

My thoughts are with a taxi contract, you only hold onto it because the risk of going to someone new is months of minor problems. 

11 hours ago, Joey spud said:

My Sprinter went in for its first service yesterday (37500 miles) which is basically an oil and filter change,also while it was in they replaced the front pads and fitted the spare wheel to the rear.

Driving back to the dealer to collect it i guessed the bill would be about £375 tops.

20210508_212533.thumb.jpg.d4c38a819ee419adfbbd2670126de8ac.jpg

"Shit the bed" how much !!

That'll upset the boss man. 😂😂

A lot of people don't realise how big the sumps are on Mercedes diesels. So it's a shock to see the oil coming out at £154+Vat.

I had a row with a customer once about this after the service of a 2.0DTi Zafira. They have an 8.5 litre sump and we were charging €6 per litre for 10/40 semi synthetic so the bill included €51 for oil. When he came in to pay he started moaning that he could buy a gallon of oil for €25 and why were we charging so much? As he had taken 5 months to come in and pay I reacted rather irritably.

2 hours ago, artdjones said:

A lot of people don't realise how big the sumps are on Mercedes diesels. So it's a shock to see the oil coming out at £154+Vat.

I had a row with a customer once about this after the service of a 2.0DTi Zafira. They have an 8.5 litre sump and we were charging €6 per litre for 10/40 semi synthetic so the bill included €51 for oil. When he came in to pay he started moaning that he could buy a gallon of oil for €25 and why were we charging so much? As he had taken 5 months to come in and pay I reacted rather irritably.

Fundamentally, loads of people just want jobs done for free.

The fact I'm finally 7-14 days away from having my own place again with  garage I can get 2 motors in, plus a workshop space with electric and water in it and a hard standing in the garden for 2 maybe 3 more cars. And wont have to dick around to play with  fix cars in the street outside my parent house,  weather  allowing (or drive to Reading for the Jag) I'm going to celebrate with a shonky car purchase and quite likely  something V8 and American as well.  Supreme joy.

On 26/04/2021 at 23:12, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That would be much of Fujitsu, then.

If it can be proved that individuals knew the facts, and choose to keep quiet, then yes, everyone who let innocent people go to prison needs to be charged. 

20 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Screen shot from CNN website.

1537463515_Screenshot_2021-05-08Covid-19vaccinetrackerViewvaccinationsbycountry.png.e4e51aae1680c796aa004294989574f8.png

The 103% is because they vaxxed everyone who comes across the border daily to work in Gib as well as the Gib population.   No mystery here, nothing to see.   

Gotta feel for holidaymakers returning to the horrors of uk airports this summer.

I am giving this years foreign trip a miss.

re-found a mega 90s Japanese youtube channel called 'Best MOTORing' where they get a bunch of actual professional racers to basically do real-life gran turismo

There is tonnes of this stuff, the camera work and quality of the videos is amazing considering its 1994. Well worth a look

6 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

Can recommend 

I need no encouragement. The last 5 months have been unbearable  in fact I had to stop coming on here for the last month and avoid Ebay, car and classic, autotrader, gumtree and  faceach marketplace as it was painfully to see stuff I couldn't buy. Or more accurately couldn't get and certainly couldn't store, a lovely DAF, scores of Citroens...  tho I'd did dodge a bullet on a  cheap Mustang from the very shadiest of dealers   so 🤔🤷‍♂️