What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I love family recipes - I have our Christmas cake one and some from my Grandma, my mum tends to cook by eye with the ingredients so it's difficult to get anything written down. Also have my late father in laws salmon moose recipe which is simple and good.

salmon_moose_by_artinreality-d38iwlb.jpg

I love family recipes - I have our Christmas cake one and some from my Grandma, my mum tends to cook by eye with the ingredients so it's difficult to get anything written down. Also have my late father in laws salmon moose recipe which is simple and good.

salmon_moose_by_artinreality-d38iwlb.jpg

I daren't post a picture on social media....

In Spain for the week. First a few days in Valencia which is a lovely city, now we're in Salou. What brings me here, I hear no-one ask?

WRC Catalunya

The walk to the shop was interesting this morning.

post-7629-0-09031200-1540455546_thumb.jpgpost-7629-0-35369000-1540455616_thumb.jpgpost-7629-0-92800200-1540455686_thumb.jpg

Off to Barcelona today for the opening stage running through the city centre. My kind of holiday!

Well this will be an interesting collection thread!

I fucking wish - commuting thread doesn’t have the same appeal :D

Plus the closest I’ll ever get to drinking and collecting was when I got the Panda - we flew to Glasgow at early o’clock having had a house party the night / morning before. Coffee and breakfast and sleep sobered me up on the plane but it was hell on Earth.

Thankfully only had to drive a few miles from SRI05’s gaff to Glasgow city centre, a journey I could actually do in my sleep

I overheard a conversation today in which a colleague spent a decent amount of time and effort trying to explain to someone how somewhere could in the south end of Northern Ireland. "But how can it be in the south if its in the north?"

She absolutely couldn't comprehend this until it clicked with me that she didn't realise that North and South were "directions" as well as regions. She's in her mid-20s.

We used google maps to try and help illustrate this, and I ended up mentioning that France is a lot closer to us than Ireland. My colleague mentioned the Channel Tunnel to her, and she didn't believe it was real.

"What? a tunnel? Underwater? Won't it flood? How do the cars see where they are going?"

Same girl today spitting coffee out all over the kitchen: "OH MY GOD! This coffee is 4 years out of date, OMG OMG I feel sick, I've been drinking it all morning"

It said ©2014 on the back of the jar underneath the logo. Give me strength.

Some family recipes are the nuts. My wife has inherited, along with her sisters, her great-granny's bread sauce recipe for roast gammon or xmas dinner/yuletide feasts.

It's quite unlike any bread sauce I've had in the past, but I really like it. Made with red onions so it goes pink.

Irish f

In Spain for the week. First a few days in Valencia which is a lovely city, now we're in Salou. What brings me here, I hear no-one ask?

WRC Catalunya

The walk to the shop was interesting this morning.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181025_091557425.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20181025_091339137_BURST019.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20181025_091339137_BURST011.jpg

Off to Barcelona today for the opening stage running through the city centre. My kind of holiday!

Irish friend and his mate run the videos via motor cycle after the stages are finished

He kidded on he was in Wicklow ( pic clearly wasn't)

Asked him where he was he said

'Teruel to Alcaniz by twisty roads'

Same girl today spitting coffee out all over the kitchen: "OH MY GOD! This coffee is 4 years out of date, OMG OMG I feel sick, I've been drinking it all morning"

It said ©2014 on the back of the jar underneath the logo. Give me strength.

Surely, hopefully? You’re exaggerating a tad? Otherwise perhaps you could get her sectioned for the future of humanity / your company?