What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

If somebody wants to go faster than me I normally let them. There's no point in having two drivers annoyed when there could be none.

Totally agree, when it's a road that's safe for them to overtake or the fact I haven't already got a queue of cars in front of me.

Daughter would put down laminate in her kitchen on Saturday - she has done the rest of the ground floor (herself).

Wanted a hand to lift the cooker (a huge range thing) and washing machine onto the existing laminate.

Cooker easy, fridge easy (on wheels) washer less so and the water connectors very tight.  Turned off at the tap, disconnect by hand - with difficulty - water everywhere.

The lever on the tap turned but not the ball valve.

By the time I had shut it off at the main (in the street, her stop tap in a locked outside cupboard and doesn't work, need mole grips to turn it off and yes, I have a replacement and will fit it - one day).

Water everywhere, had to go home for my wet vac and then we've had to leave it a few days to dry out before laying the laminate.

Not been a good month for her - someone broke in and swiped all her cash, her car key and my cordless drill.

Worse was she was in bed - 4am.  Heard something on the stairs and presumed it was her son going to the bog but then no lights on, no toilet flush etc then she heard a buzzing noise outside her bedroom door and a purple (ultra-violet) light under the door.

Took the only thing to hand, half a mug of cold tea, crept to the door, yanked it open to see a figure crouched in front of her.

Bashed him over the head with the mug, he legged it down the stairs followed by the mug that clocked him again, out the door and up the street closely followed bay a foul-mouthed banshee waking all the neighbours.

She turned back, concerned for her son, rang the police. Copper and dog there within a couple of minutes, hared off after him but lost him in a farmyard.

Detectives turned up ten minutes later and she has nothing but praise for the police.  Treated her very well and did what they could but no fingerprints and a vrey vague description there's very little to go on.

Police let her tyres down in case they came back for it, good thing I bought her an electric pump a few months back.

She's had the locks changed and the remote entry codes changed so they can't use the old keys anymore.

If she'd got hold of him she'd have killed him - she takes no prisoners.

Ed:  Posted in the wrong thread, naturally :(

Edited by myglaren

Not been a good month for her - someone broke in and swiped all her cash, her car key and my cordless drill.

Worse was she was in bed - 4am.  Heard something on the stairs and presumed it was her son going to the bog but then no lights on, no toilet flush etc then she heard a buzzing noise outside her bedroom door and a purple (ultra-violet) light under the door.

Took the only thing to hand, half a mug of cold tea, crept to the door, yanked it open to see a figure crouched in front of her.

Bashed him over the head with the mug, he legged it down the stairs followed by the mug that clocked him again, out the door and up the street closely followed bay a foul-mouthed banshee waking all the neighbours.

She turned back, concerned for her son, rang the police. Copper and dog there within a couple of minutes, hared off after him but lost him in a farmyard.

That's shite. 

We had a similar experience about three years back, a week before christmas. In bed at approx 4am as well. Some arsehole smashed my back window and swiped my keys and made off with my car which was parked in the little residential car park. 

I just heard a loud smash and legged it downstairs but they were long gone. Took me a minute to work out the keys were gone and run out to check and find the car wasn't there. 

They did recover the car but insurance company had already paid out. I went to get some effects from it but they had nicked it all apart from curiously, a Genesis CD... There were needles sticking out the back seat swab like a pin cushion, so I passed on buying it back.

Daughter would put down laminate in her kitchen on Saturday - she has done the rest of the ground floor (herself).

Wanted a hand to lift the cooker (a huge range thing) and washing machine onto the existing laminate.

Cooker easy, fridge easy (on wheels) washer less so and the water connectors very tight.  Turned off at the tap, disconnect by hand - with difficulty - water everywhere.

The lever on the tap turned but not the ball valve.

By the time I had shut it off at the main (in the street, her stop tap in a locked outside cupboard and doesn't work, need mole grips to turn it off and yes, I have a replacement and will fit it - one day).

Water everywhere, had to go home for my wet vac and then we've had to leave it a few days to dry out before laying the laminate.

Detectives turned up ten minutes later and she has nothing but praise for the police.  Treated her very well and did what they could but no fingerprints and a vrey vague description there's very little to go on.

Police let her tyres down in case they came back for it, good thing I bought her an electric pump a few months back.

She's had the locks changed and the remote entry codes changed so they can't use the old keys anymore.

If she'd got hold of him she'd have killed him - she takes no prisoners.

Your daughter twatting the intruder round the loaf with her mug - Good on her.

Local 'spoons. It's beer festival time but also a Monday so beer is also cheaper. Today we have St Austel Big Job, 7.2% for a massive £1.55 a pint !!!!

YES,I'm not kidding, £1.55 a pint. Fuck knows how long it's going to take me to walk home.

Local 'spoons. It's beer festival time but also a Monday so beer is also cheaper. Today we have St Austel Big Job, 7.2% for a massive £1.55 a pint !!!!

YES,I'm not kidding, £1.55 a pint. Fuck knows how long it's going to take me to walk ride the beer scooter home.

EFA

Just seen this on the net !! :-)

Edward I of England comes to Scotland to conquer the Scots.

He brings 4,000 men with him. As he nears the battlefield,

There suddenly appears a solitary figure on the crest of the hill. A short, ginger-haired guy in a kilt.

'Come up here, ya English bastards, and I'll give ye a hammerin'!'

Edward turns to his commander. 'Send 20 men to deal with that little Scottish upstart, he says.
The commander sends twenty of his best men over the hill to kill the scotsman

Ten minutes later, at the crest of the hill, the little Scot appears again.
'Ya English diddies!' he yells.'Come on the rest of ye!! Come on, I'll take ye all on!'

Edward is getting somewhat annoyed. He turns to his commander. 'Send 100 men to kill that little shite!'
The commander sends 100 men Over the hill to do the job.

Ten minutes later, the little Scot appears at the top of the hill once more, his hair all sticking up, his shirt a wee bit torn.

'Ya English SCUM!' he yells. 'I'm just warming up!! Come and get me, Ya English shites !!'
Edward losses patience. 'Commander, take 400 men and personally wipe that little bastard off the face of the earth!' he yells.

The commander gulps, but leads four Hundred men on horseback over the crest of the hill.

Ten minutes later, the little Scotsman is back.
His clothing is all torn, his face is covered in blood, Snot and Irn-Bru.

'Is that the best ye can do??? You're bloody WUMMIN!!! Come on!! Come and have a go, ya bunch of English Shites!!!' he yells.

Edward turns to his second in command. 'Take 1,000 men over that hill and don't come back till you've killed that little red haired bastard!' he commands.
The second in command gathers the men and they ride off over the hill to their fate.
Ten minutes later, one of the English troops appears back at the top of the hill. covered in blood, his clothes all torn off his back. 'Your Majesty!' he yells.
'It's a trap!!!

There's fuckin two of them!!!

Your daughter twatting the intruder round the loaf with her mug - Good on her.

She is fearless and takes shit from no-one.  His good fortune that she didn't have anything more substantial to hand, or got hold of him.

She has felled some huge blokes that have messed with her.

This courier company is excellent!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20181013-103902~01.jpg

I wish I'd used autoshite couriers , sent 2 16kg boxes of books to a guy in poole via ups, he's not in so they deliver to the parcel shop a mile away for him to collect , I get a message from him , elderly ,can't carry heavy boxes , nowhere to park so I arrange for ups to re deliver

This is happening today , or so I thought , with it only being a mile I'd assumed they'd just pick them up and drop them off

I get a message, waited in all day, no boxes, not happy

So, it's turned into a clusterfuck , they've put them back in the system for delivery tomorrow

Guess what , he's out tomorrow so they're likely to go back to the fucking parcel shop

Took the dogs out to the park today, as usual, but, today I took Ron (the owner of the little Collie pup, though now not so little at 5 months - all legs!) as his hip is going and the wait for a new one is... lengthy. Besse got in the back of the merc with Phoebe and Chester, Phoebe said: ' Oy you, get out of MY car you tedious little shit-bag!' and Besse departed like her arse was on fire!  But we made it to Daddyhole without bloodshed and three dogs departed the car in rapid succession and proceeded to do various things: Phoebe hobbled along with bally in mush (actually walking - badly, but walking :)  ) Chester went for a poo and Besse decided that annoying the living daylights out of Chester was a pursuit worth, err... pursuing!

Phoebe did almost half a walk which is a vast improvement and made me very happy indeed and played with bally and was generally just a happy mutt :) Chester wandered about, doing his own thing but with the added hindrance of a 5-month-old collie hanging off his ears/face/tail. She loves him SO much :) Loads of other dogs there as well and so Besse got to meet a load of strange mutts and was off her lead the entire time (a first), met a dog called 'Meggy' who is a tiny Jack Russel thing, ball mad and spent 30 minutes just thundering about chasing Meg as she chased the ball.

But the thing that really made me grin was, Chester. While he grumbled and complained bitterly about Besse being on his case, he must have secretly really liked it as when she went off chasing other dogs and their balls, Chester got bored. So bored that he pinched another dogs ball and ran (yes, actually raised his speed from 'plod' to 'ramming speed' and even chased the ball a distance of nearly 10 feet! He never, EVER plays with balls, he never runs after balls, he definitely never runs unless there is food or, well food to be gained!

It seems that this 3 dog daily mission may be a regular thing until Ron gets his new hip, could be fun....