What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just saw Mr. Hoovie un-bury his Swiss Cheese LeBaron. Unfortunately the safety computer departed along with the bumper, soft top, appraisal, chassis, floor........

At least the engine works!

I think Mr Hubnut should do something similar! Bury it up on six_cylinders field then we dig it up a year later. "how did this £200 Nissan micra fare?"

• Like 5

I think Mr Hubnut should do something similar! Bury it up on six_cylinders field then we dig it up a year later. "how did this £200 Nissan micra fare?"

I think his choise should have been that Daimler he had a while ago. As far as I can remember it wasn't as holely but was close!

^^^ 20 years ago when I lived in Andover I used to knock about with a guy that worked at an engineering firm that had designed steering/suspension for the A-class only for Daimler Benz to shit on them and install their in-house steering and suspension. This friend used to go into work on a Sunday to work in the peace and quiet and I used to turn too to job hunt on the new-fangled internets. The office had a 1:43 scale A-class model that they made a cardboard "rollcage" to go on the outside and planked a model elk in front of it, because I think they were a bit miffed about it. There had also been mention that the company should perhaps sponsor an elk at a local zoo...

Hang on, £6.5 million on Jaywick? The entire place has a market value less than that!

Despite this, nobody actively wants to move there. Even Canvey Island is more attractive.

Despite this, nobody actively wants to move there. Even Canvey Island is more attractive.

I've been to Jaywick, I didn't even want to stop & visit the shop. Crazy really as being right by the beach n all it should* be popular.

I've been to Jaywick, I didn't even want to stop & visit the shop. Crazy really as being right by the beach n all it should* be popular.

It’s a real shame what’s happened to Jaywick. I remember it years ago when it was on the cusp, turning from quite nice to the cess pit it became. The beach is lovely.

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!

That must have been a while ago, it was about 2008 I saw it for the first time.

Way back in the ‘70’s when I was a teenager

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!

Grumpy day at work turned into happy journey home as I stopped off at the RSPCA place in South Mymms. Several minutes of petting and stroking lovely dogs. 3 beautiful pups were especially lovely. Happiness is a sea of fur.

• Like 8

Just finished watching DWs latest (30 minute woo) video

when I check my twitter feed and low n behold New project binky episode, (they are really cranking these out, im getting quite spoilt!)

Must be Christmas come early  :mrgreen:  (much to the woe of people who have to work in supermarkets mind)

(I think ill save the Project binky video for when im in bed with a nice hot choc :) )

• Like 3

It's all well and good being able to avoid and Elk but did they test the cars ability to let your heavily pregnant missus out at the local Co-op (or any Co-op for that matter) instead of locking her in?

I don't think they did and that's why I'm not allowed to own one. That piece of consumer information would've been very helpful.

• Like 2

Next door neighbour has shifted my old 45 today, off to the scrappie. Was amused to note that

(1) he'd reversed it back into the Cruiser and left it parked like that last night, bumper to bumper (no damage and it's not the first time one of his cars has rolled into the Cruiser - he was seriously bothered he'd damaged the reg plate first time around as there is a star-shaped scratch on it - I just laughed it off) but more comically

(2) the amount of spilt fluids all over the road - the 45 clearly put up a fight when it was being loaded up by the scrapper's lorry. Good for you - went out kicking and screaming

• Like 3

Was going to wash the car this afternoon - black is a dreadful colour to have when it has to live outside (GIVE ME MY GARAGE BACK COLIN!) but it was cold and I hurt myself fixing the windscreen washers (what a twat I am) so didn't and put it on my list for tomorrow.

It is now pissing down big icy drops all over it. Okay not going to make it any cleaner but I am just glad I didn't wash it as I would be posting in the 'grumpy ' thread if I had and then it rained.

• Like 1

The M1 being static southbound on Tuesday between J47 Garforth and J45 the A63 - where I come off for work - has made made me grin and giggle tonight, because I went cross-country to get to work via Kippax and Rothwell.

On my way through the back roads I saw a Fiat Marea estate, so flashed the lights and waved because, well, why not? When was the last time you saw one of them? It's been fucking ages!

I've just had a PM off of Vin - it was him in the Marea, he sort-of recognised my Pug 106and he tracked me down by my being a "Peugeot fondler" and by me being at Shitefest this year - excellent detective work, Vin.

I'm bloody delighted,it's been ages since I've seen a fellow AS member on the road - last time was SambaS in his Samba convertible.

Someone at work bought a new X1 a little while back, which means it got the garage to keep it nice and his wife's Mini got moved on to the drive. He then came in pissed off a few months later when she opened the boot with the remote fob, not realising as its a foot taller than the Mini it would twat the garage roof. £300 smart repair.

Fast forward to now when he needed to get some stuff out of the Mini. The fob didn't work though - no matter how many times he pressed the button, the boot wouldn't open.

Yeah, you can guess the rest. 

• Like 6