The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

50 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

For a long time the 75 and especially the estate was the car of choice of the middle-classes on their French holiday. A particular type of Terry and June who are rarely spotted these days - UK tourists seem very different. If they are now rarely seen they are in an Audi or Toyota estate...

Last week we mostly spotted UK reg'd campervans in the Normandy Boonies until within 50 km of Calais and then it was all VW/Audi/MB/BMW legging it up the road towards Blighty. Feckin' amazin' how those roof boxes stay affixed at high speed ;-) 
I was happily chugging along at around 100 km/h* and those boys were leaving me for dust. Still got to park up alongside them in the queue at Les Coquelles. No Rovers, one XJS and an E-Type (!) spotted around Rouen.

* did have a play on a 130 km/h stretch of the  A28 but the drop in the fuel consumption readout triggered a near instantaneous upwards reflex action in my (Scottish) right foot.

• Like 3

We all dread the after 9 o’clock phone call. We just had one. Brother in law has come off his motorbike, on a long weekend trip with friends in Wales. Hit a dear and he’s got broken ribs, collar bone and punctured lung. 
I’ve messaged him asking what hospital he’s in and said I’ll go and get him when he’s discharged. He has no idea where his bike is. Luckily, one of the group was a doctor.

13 minutes ago, Wibble said:

We all dread the after 9 o’clock phone call. We just had one. Brother in law has come off his motorbike, on a long weekend trip with friends in Wales. Hit a dear and he’s got broken ribs, collar bone and punctured lung. 
I’ve messaged him asking what hospital he’s in and said I’ll go and get him when he’s discharged. He has no idea where his bike is. Luckily, one of the group was a doctor.

Sorry to hear this. Hope it works out and good he's sort of ok.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Octavia was dropped off this morning for the front bushes replacing.

Luckily only one bolt of the six snapped so it only cost an extra hours labour drilling out.

That's all defects from the MOT fixed so it's off for a partial retest tomorrow and fingers crossed an all clear awaits.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wibble said:

FFS, you're getting all the luck atm, but it's bad luck.

Not being made redundant just yet and not a bad result on the A4:

Screenshot_20240924_113947_Chrome.jpg.7330ffd8288fb7803062ad4d44ecd042.jpg

I knew about the CV joint as it was clicking and I could hear a knock from the TRE frkm time to time.

I'm especially glad they are sympathetic to the terrible* accident* that befell the smoke plate.

So far it looks like la météo was a tad pessimistic.  Mild and intermittently sunny in Brussels. 

20240924_131618.jpg.848c2142180db7987c0c089ad14edfa5.jpg

I dumped the Rover at a park & ride and got the Metro in as the car isn't LEZ compliant, and anyway I hate driving in strange cities. 

5 minutes ago, stuboy said:

Ferrari summit being delivered in my way out to another base...

VideoCapture_20240924-111545.jpg

VideoCapture_20240924-111411.jpg

The Ferrari Summit was sold over here as the Enzo

• Haha 1