2 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Good News, i think, kind of.

The mighty* Maestro diesel as spotted recently in the wild has passed its MOT

image.thumb.png.c814d4dcda5317de63c3a749b3f7c786.png

Both those rear wheel bearings are brand new FFS 🤣

Quality wheel bearings. 

9 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Tester a twat? 

Very much not, they are a very good place to use. Sensible and very much advise and pass rather than fail and penalise - I suspect because they dont actually want to work on most of the stuff we take there 

It seems these things have a bit of a reputation for having a bit of play in the rear bearings  (according to googling and the owners club pages) 

16 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

For another three days. Limited edition. 

I'm amazed you managed to get it - I've only managed once to obtain one from my local branches. The rest of the time it's been 'nah, sorry M9, we ain't got any of the sauce left'. I can't figure out if they're lazy cunts who just don't want to make that burger or lazy cunts who can't be bothered to order supplies in properly. Says the lazy cunt who's annoyed that he can't get the burger he wants passed into his car window on demand.

39 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

I'm amazed you managed to get it - I've only managed once to obtain one from my local branches. The rest of the time it's been 'nah, sorry M9, we ain't got any of the sauce left'. I can't figure out if they're lazy cunts who just don't want to make that burger or lazy cunts who can't be bothered to order supplies in properly. Says the lazy cunt who's annoyed that he can't get the burger he wants passed into his car window on demand.

Had two - one at the Llandudno Gateway and another in Trafford Park eh. 

On 16/11/2023 at 23:58, wuvvum said:

Ordered a pair of new front shocks for the Z4 today, from Autodoc as they were by far the cheapest once again.  Worked out about the same price as buying two secondhand struts off eBay - a bit more kerfuffle as I'll need to swap over the springs and top mounts but still probably a better bet than used parts of unknown mileage. 

Today I had an email from Autodoc to say that the shocks I've ordered are out of stock (despite still showing as available on their website even now), but don't worry, they can supply an alternative at just over double the price.  I've asked them to cancel the order, and now await the no doubt long and painful process of getting my money back from them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The crash bars, luggage racks, visor etc are all genuine vespa and fitted from new. Those along with the scorpion exhaust cost more than I paid for the whole bike.

I've put 200 miles on it and it now stands with a heady 1200 on the odometer. 

Bargain for a grand.

20231120_143143.jpg

20231120_143120.jpg

20231120_143052.jpg

4 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Surely there's no sauce on a Philly Cheesteak?

The mcdonald's version has some kind of bright yellow cheese goo smothered all over it, which the helpful folks on the tannoy refer to as sauce when they're giving a half arsed explanation as to why I can't have the particular form of self abuse in a bag that I want.

2 hours ago, barefoot said:

Surely there's no sauce on a Philly Cheesteak?

They call it the Philly Cheese Stack, but I'm sure native Philadelphians would nevertheless be impressed with its authenticity. I certainly am, I've had three of them. It might be the best burger McDonalds have done. 

I'd have a fourth just before they go but I have a fierce sore throat probably not caused by breathing a lot of shelf-mould.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/11/2023 at 17:11, captain_70s said:

This is a new one on me:

image.thumb.jpeg.96547a280f24cd4a6748d401240a80f6.jpeg

1971 Bedford MultiCruiser. Parked on a drive near the Western General Infirmary in Edinburgh. StreetView suggests it was in decent condition in 2008 but now it's had most of it's windows/lights smashed and all the loose bits like mirrors, the grille etc snapped off/nicked.

Certainly a weird one and I'm guessing unique and based a CF chassis.

This was 2020, it seems to have been there forever! 

E9B2C2BF-0BDC-4CFE-A51E-FA07B74D3E9A.jpeg

Working 12 hour shifts and the recent onset of shit weather have meant I've not been able to take the 340 out nearly as much as I'd like. The roads were nice and dry this morning, however, and it's my day off, so a perfect opportunity to stretch the old girl's legs. 

First job was to get the bloody thing started. She was having none of it at first, it was turning over fine (glad I charged the battery a couple of days ago) but just wouldn't fire. I attributed this to it not being started in a little while and the aforementioned shite weather might have caused a bit of damp to set in, so I whipped off the dissy cap, gave the inside a wipe with the tiniest bit of WD-40, and lo and behold it fired straight up.

Felt spot on when out for a drive, it runs a bit lumpy occasionally when under load, but in fairness it's overdue a service, so maybe that and some new spark plugs will help.

I'm so glad I didn't end up selling this car. I absolutely adore it. I got to a point where I felt like I couldn't do it justice, that it'd be better off in the hands of someone with more time and a more confident mechanic, but I've decided to persevere with it as best I can. I was scared it'd end up as yet another 300 series with a welded diff and spending its last few months going sideways, and besides I've irrevocably gotten the 300 bug, so if I shifted it I'd only be lusting after another.

20231121_104326.jpg

20231121_104316.jpg

I went round a corner in the C6 yesterday and the rear passenger side window went down. Like, all the way down. Immediately. I heard road noise and felt a draught, looked over my shoulder and was extremely confused. Pulled over, tried the window switch and it went straight back up. The most WTF thing it's done to me yet. 

In brighter news, I think I've worked out where the coolant is leaking from. Or at least, I've found one of the spots it's leaking from. 

Going back to the tumble dryer topic I mentioned last week, I’m picking this up after work purely as it’s a bargain. No idea where it’ll go but worst case there looks to be a healthy profit in it!

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2102.png

• Like 4

21 hours ago, egg said:

The bloke who spotted that tatty Pug 305 a few weeks back has hit another doozy. MOT'd and taxed...

I like talking to AI rather than people, so I asked Google's Bard what it thought of the Lada image...

The image shows the rear end of a red station wagon parked in a grassy field. The car is relatively new and clean, and the paint is in good condition. The license plate is from the Russian Federation, and the text on the bumper reads "FLYTE". It is difficult to say for sure what model of car this is, but it appears to be a Russian Lada Vesta.

The image is well-composed and the subject matter is in focus. The car is centered in the frame, and the grassy field provides a pleasant backdrop. The lighting is also good, and the colors are vibrant.

Overall, the image is well-taken and pleasing to the eye. It is a good example of a car photography image.

yeah, not quite there yet is it?

1 hour ago, JJ0063 said:

Going back to the tumble dryer topic I mentioned last week, I’m picking this up after work purely as it’s a bargain. No idea where it’ll go but worst case there looks to be a healthy profit in it!

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2102.png

Miele Condensor?  Blimey.  That's top end stuff right there.

If I enter K155 OPX my Mondeo's reg into Bard it says this after I ask for more detail. Shit the bed, it knows too much!

The Ford Mondeo 1.6 K155 OPX is a hatchback car that was first registered in Portsmouth, England on June 2, 1993. It is a part of the Ford Mondeo line of cars that were manufactured by Ford of Europe from 1993 to 2022.

The Mondeo 1.6 was powered by a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine that produced 90 horsepower and 125 lb-ft of torque. It had a top speed of 113 mph and could accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 11.7 seconds. It was available with a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic transmission.

The Mondeo 1.6 was a popular choice for families and commuters due to its spacious interior, comfortable ride, and fuel efficiency. It was also available with a variety of features, including air conditioning, power windows and locks, and a CD player.

The Ford Mondeo 1.6 K155 OPX is a well-maintained and reliable vehicle that is still in good condition today. It has been driven a total of 61,856 miles since it was first registered. It is currently located in Herne Bay, England.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I've just shown it the rear-quarter shot of the Volvo posted above and it turns out I've been wrong about it all this time, it is in fact a 360 GLS equipped with alloy wheels, mudflaps and a sunroof. Nice.