The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

22 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

I have TMJ (a degenerative jaw joint) and it’s been agony tonight. Usually ibuprofen helps but not scratching the surface today.

Found some random painkillers in the bathroom that are Codeine/something else and fuck me they are fantastic, pain has gone completely and I’m mellow as fuck now too. Brilliant. Must buy more.

co-codamol

co-dydramol

co-proxamol

?

3 hours ago, Mally said:

I didn't realise at the time, but there was no amber in both cases. It went Red-Green-Red

Can an Ambulance change the lights? @Spuriousmay know.

No, except when adjacent to stations as already said. Suspect dud amber bulb(s), in this instance? Are you going near there tomorrow?

Reversing cameras now working on both the Carina and the Maxus. 

20221029_150520.thumb.jpg.a11e3575822f77e1ea0585604d9dcf27.jpg

20221029_151516.thumb.jpg.7e1569656e47f033238c28024375ced8.jpg

I've had to put a temporary* switch in the van to get the stereo to go into camera mode as I haven't had the time or patience to try and dig out the reversing light wire yet.  It was rather easier to track down in the Toyota. 

10 hours ago, SiC said:

Not in the UK (at least afaik). Even if they could, it'd make the lights go all red and they'd cross over on an empty junction safer.

You sat there, probably not on an induction loop, would make the traffic light controller think the queuing lanes are empty. I see people roll forward all the time and especially into sections for cyclists, which aren't covered by induction loops. But this makes the lights less likely to prioritise that traffic controlled section.

Also flashing lights at traffic lights does not make them change quicker. The radars on top of the traffic lights have zero capability of detecting headlights. I know this for certainity because I was a designer at the company that designed and manufactured the vast majority of traffic light radars in use in the UK! 

Flashing lights to change traffic lights?Ha! That’s rubbish, who thinks that works?

Everyone knows you shout at them!

Weather looked nice yesterday, so took the toddler and the MG for a nice run up the Evo triangle! 
9FEE9655-391A-47E1-895D-9B95F82ADDDD.jpegB57260C2-6EE8-48F1-B684-C6F9BCD832C2.jpeg

Although it was a bit roof up roof down through as the rain kept interrupting things! 

4FBC62B6-82DE-4653-904D-ED3F75C5B5B8.jpeg

I’m supposed to be selling this, but beyond half hearted attempts on here and car and classic I’ve made very little effort… 

4 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

just seen on FB that the lovely Solara Minx, as seen at this year's FoTU has been damaged in a fire . The owner is hoping its savable 

Screenshot_20221031-185451_Chrome.jpg

Really sorry to see this. This is the one I saw at the Premier Inn Linwood back in August and had a chat with the young chap that owned it. I think @AnnoyingPentiumfollows him?

18 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Really sorry to see this. This is the one I saw at the Premier Inn Linwood back in August and had a chat with the young chap that owned it. I think @AnnoyingPentiumfollows him?

Aw shite I never heard about this! I haven't been on the Instagram today, so will need to see. Gutted though. :(

Just logged in there, heartbreaking.

Screenshot_20221031-191935_Instagram.thumb.jpg.bbe1b0b9f630acc70904c2ebfca04f13.jpg

As an aside, he has a second one - a lift back one.

23 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Aw shite I never heard about this! I haven't been on the Instagram today, so will need to see. Gutted though. :(

Just logged in there, heartbreaking.

Screenshot_20221031-191935_Instagram.thumb.jpg.bbe1b0b9f630acc70904c2ebfca04f13.jpg

As an aside, he has a second one - a lift back one.

Yep, gutted for him too, especially after all the effort of getting it back in the road. Glad to hear he has another.

1 minute ago, Wibble said:

Yep, gutted for him too, especially after all the effort of getting it back in the road. Glad to hear he has another.

His other one hadn't moved since the 90s I believe, had been left lying but was mint, besides a smashed windscreen by some hoodlums.