The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

27 minutes ago, GBJ said:

Not surprising if you don't use it.

Still, why bother, eh? So long as you're happy.

To be fair, readjusting it (which these cars seem to require at regular intervals) isn't the easiest so I've kind of left it as it is.... ....and this handy Norwegian CX guide only slightly simplifies the process.

The MoT tester may fail it this year (he sort of blanked it last year) for that reason, so it will have to be done again.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:48 PM, Christine said:

Taking my Fiesta back to storage this morning , I met a Google street view camera car down a single track road...I braked hard,  and my dog hit the windscreen and fell in the footwell .. as per usual  :roll: . We passed and the   driver  grinned . Can't wait till they update Palesgate Lane ,Crowborough  street view . It's gonna look funny !!  

Ha Ha Ha ,. it's updated !!  Check out Street view Palesgate Lane Crowborough !  We're papped outside the football pitch...Spud dog is splatted on the fiesta windscreen ....lol

Can  someone screen shot it ?

7 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

Further to this I got it back today. Half the clutch had  fallen to bits. Only put a new one in

18 months ago. Wallet now lighter to the tune of £270 and got to get VED end of the month.

Another £265. BOLLOX !!

why not spread the cost of the tax?

I also managed to catch the Street View car the other day - outside my house with Mother Ghosty, and both my cars! 

I smiled and waved.

Last time they did my road was 2011, and my house looks completely different.

Hasn't been updated yet, but am looking forward to it.

This is the third time I've been papped by Street View.

I imagine it has its own special feel during the night, so it's probably a good time to cross it.  I've also found somewhere to park up on the coast where the bridge can be seen in it's glory.  I want to get the full experience!

Crossing this bridge was pretty special, even in a 1.2 Megane. I did it by train and car, car being much more impressive views wise.

I stopped in a park called Sibbarp and got a good view of the bridge, it’s really quite something.

Have an amazing trip!

7139d3527adf34c517d5e6ed4e1a8e48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I also managed to catch the Street View car the other day - outside my house with Mother Ghosty, and both my cars! 

I smiled and waved.

Last time they did my road was 2011, and my house looks completely different.

Hasn't been updated yet, but am looking forward to it.

This is the third time I've been papped by Street View.

I reckon you are trying to become  a slebrity. ?

a40Hxvj.jpg

FErf2ep.jpg

Does anyone know what (if anything) happened to the two Sierra vans from Ireland? The thread stops in 2014 when the guy was selling due to ill health and they were being sent to Oldham.

Interesting thread. Hope the guy's alive and well.

https://autoshite.com/topic/10821-sierra-van/

Very distinctive vans (to anyone on here at least!), maybe someone knows more?

57 minutes ago, loserone said:

You did buy an auto of a car where 90% of the fun is ragging the gearbox..

Anyway, one for @purplebargeken or @xtriple?

I agree. You’ll struggle to find anyone who likes autos any more than me but my MX5 is the exception....I really need to get around to sticking a manual box in it

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Anyone want to buy my MX-5? Rot free... 

I'm just not arsed about it really. Japanese stuff just leaves me a bit cold.

I followed ( in the fiat) a very nice looking mx5 out of the car park in waitrose this morning, dark green with a beige roof. My neighbour has one too, although it’s not moved in years he bought it new in 1994.  The pop up lights ones are quite cute.

33 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I followed ( in the fiat) a very nice looking mx5 out of the car park in waitrose this morning, dark green with a beige roof. My neighbour has one too, although it’s not moved in years he bought it new in 1994.  The pop up lights ones are quite cute.

So you shop at Waitrose then? 

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/03/22/45-things-overheard-in-waitrose-thatll-make-you-laugh/