Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

I had a customer with the surname Tastard, one day he appeared with the plate TA57ARD on his BMW.

I commented in this and he was happy to tell me he only paid £1200 for it, “mate of mine in the trade reckons you start at £5k if you want your surname on your numberplate. I’d be quids in if I sold it.”

His wife said, “who exactly would you sell it to?”

He though for a moment and said “my sister”.

“She’s not a Tastard anymore” was the very dismissive response.

“She might get a divorce...”.

TA57ARD is no longer in use.

I bet BUR70N would be expensive (if the U is allowed, it seems to be hit and miss).

DVLA seems to think it's on a modern Landy or Rangey, buy MOT checker and Cazana throw up errors.

BVR70N is apparently a Volvo 145 that's been untaxed since 1987.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Can we have a new rule please?

Please, when you post a picture, explain what the number plate is supposed to say (or at least what you think it's trying to say, if anything at all) eg P20 ANO - wot hell this mean?

The lettering under the number plate says “Gordon Bell Pianos”, the letters in the numberplate are meant to sound like “piano” (Pee A No).

I didn’t think this was too much of a stretch.

The lettering under the number plate says “Gordon Bell Pianos”, the letters in the numberplate are meant to sound like “piano” (Pee A No).

I didn’t think this was too much of a stretch.

I'm a bit dim.

I'd have got it if it was PI ANO, or may be even PIO ANO (because it looks a bit like piano) but P20 ANO = piano? As my sarcastic daughter would say, really?

(should mention here that I didn't see the bit that mentioned pianos on the bumper)

Anyhow, it would be nice if there was a translation for us dopes wot don't get it.