C15 Trev2: something "sill-y"

ruffgeezer

..the C4 is just a bit shit ..

[pedant]It's a Blingo innit.[/pedant]

I'm liking the look of the Xantias.

Yes correct it is a new shape Berlingo, although in my opinion it is a much better replacement for the outgoing Xsara Picasso than either the C3 or C4 Picasso, the C4 version is too big for most who own or have owned the Xsara and the C3 is too small, it falls handily into the blue rinse brigade's weapon of choice alongside such automotive highlights as the Ford Fusion, Skoda Roomster and whatever that wanky Vauxzuki thing is that the sill fall off of.

Anyway I digress, I shall put the details in the post below, as I'll not have good shiteage sullied by mention of Picassi and Fusions.

..the C4 is just a bit shit ..

[pedant]It's a Blingo innit.[/pedant]

I'm liking the look of the Xantias.

Yes correct it is a new shape Berlingo, although in my opinion it is a much better replacement for the outgoing Xsara Picasso than either the C3 or C4 Picasso, the C4 version is too big for most who own or have owned the Xsara and the C3 is too small, it falls handily into the blue rinse brigade's weapon of choice alongside such automotive highlights as the Ford Fusion, Skoda Roomster and whatever that wanky Vauxzuki thing is that the sill fall off of.

Anyway I digress, I shall put the details in the post below, as I'll not have good shiteage sullied by mention of Picassi and Fusions.

Well yes, some of you guessed correctly, I have indeed acquired Trev2, here is how it went down.

Some months ago, a late registered C15 was presented to us for it's mot, and unfortunately, the rather suspect bonnet had succumbed to the elements to such a state whereby it could no longer pass an mot. Autoshite, I was a younger man then I am now, and I didn't give it a second thought, the van was duly taken away and was thought nothing more of, until recently, as regulars here know, I recently sold Trev, who was the best vehicle I'd ever bought, but who I didn't really need any longer, and who managed to be the first of my cars to sell... bugger!

Skip forward to a couple of weeks ago, and the owner of the van has dropped another of his vehicles in for mot, and mentions that he still has the C15 and he will be scrapping it soon, now if you are anything like me, nothing is more appealing than a vehicle you don't need and that you can't use, especially if there is a hint of peril to go with it.

Well via my boss, I made a "low-ball" offer on the van, expecting it to come a bit higher, if at all, but it didn't, the price was agreed and I was told collection would be arranged at some point...

Well on Friday morning, I awoke at 7am and, after sending Wifey to work and no.1 daughter to school, I made my way into work, the first job of the day was a set of spheres on a petrol Xantia, getting a rare sight these days, but it was done quickly and easily.

During this job the day's Mot arrived with the added note that Trev2 could be collected that day, in fact, at 9.55am, I am handed the keys to our loan Xantia (Dark green 1.9td estate with 200k on the clock!) and instructed to take the jump leads, jump pack, a battery and some tools to collect the van...

My workplace:

bull1_zps78ecf826.jpg

Here is a map describing the epic journey for Trev2:

trev2map_zps76602a8a.jpg

We arrived to find the van tucked away in a corner of the barn, and inspite of jump packs and a slave battery, we end up having to jump start it from the Xantia;

IMAG0671_zps9b23effa.jpg

But run he does, and luckily as the handbrake had been left off, we make a swift exit back to base.

Here are a few quick shots I took in my lunchbreak:

Check out the amount of barn dirt on this thing, compare the "clean" side of the windscreen to the other side:

IMAG0674_zps0fd33725.jpg

There is about an inch of mud on the floors so some hoover action will need to be seen in here, as well as a boatload of cockpit shine:

IMAG0675_zps2e82cc42.jpg

From the rear, you can see that the bumper has been pushed forward, so I'm keeping an eye out for one of those, plus a towbar...

IMAG0672_zps95e0bfe9.jpg

That same shot again, without inadvertent bonus "sleeping" rabbits, and during the battery change.

IMAG0676_zpsae0ef2ff.jpg

Bright and cleanish inside, a lot nicer than the black hammerite inside Trev1:

IMAG0678_zps65a653c0.jpg

Punt up the cu..err... rear...

IMAG0677_zpsb55cc02f.jpg

The worst part of the bonnet, in fact the under frame is all squashy as well, otherwise I'd be tempted just to bleb a patch onto it:

IMAG0673_zpsa1d26cb8.jpg

Leaving for home Friday evening parting shot:

IMAG0680_zps3cd6ff08.jpg

Well yes, some of you guessed correctly, I have indeed acquired Trev2, here is how it went down.

Some months ago, a late registered C15 was presented to us for it's mot, and unfortunately, the rather suspect bonnet had succumbed to the elements to such a state whereby it could no longer pass an mot. Autoshite, I was a younger man then I am now, and I didn't give it a second thought, the van was duly taken away and was thought nothing more of, until recently, as regulars here know, I recently sold Trev, who was the best vehicle I'd ever bought, but who I didn't really need any longer, and who managed to be the first of my cars to sell... bugger!

Skip forward to a couple of weeks ago, and the owner of the van has dropped another of his vehicles in for mot, and mentions that he still has the C15 and he will be scrapping it soon, now if you are anything like me, nothing is more appealing than a vehicle you don't need and that you can't use, especially if there is a hint of peril to go with it.

Well via my boss, I made a "low-ball" offer on the van, expecting it to come a bit higher, if at all, but it didn't, the price was agreed and I was told collection would be arranged at some point...

Well on Friday morning, I awoke at 7am and, after sending Wifey to work and no.1 daughter to school, I made my way into work, the first job of the day was a set of spheres on a petrol Xantia, getting a rare sight these days, but it was done quickly and easily.

During this job the day's Mot arrived with the added note that Trev2 could be collected that day, in fact, at 9.55am, I am handed the keys to our loan Xantia (Dark green 1.9td estate with 200k on the clock!) and instructed to take the jump leads, jump pack, a battery and some tools to collect the van...

My workplace:

bull1_zps78ecf826.jpg

Here is a map describing the epic journey for Trev2:

trev2map_zps76602a8a.jpg

We arrived to find the van tucked away in a corner of the barn, and inspite of jump packs and a slave battery, we end up having to jump start it from the Xantia;

IMAG0671_zps9b23effa.jpg

But run he does, and luckily as the handbrake had been left off, we make a swift exit back to base.

Here are a few quick shots I took in my lunchbreak:

Check out the amount of barn dirt on this thing, compare the "clean" side of the windscreen to the other side:

IMAG0674_zps0fd33725.jpg

There is about an inch of mud on the floors so some hoover action will need to be seen in here, as well as a boatload of cockpit shine:

IMAG0675_zps2e82cc42.jpg

From the rear, you can see that the bumper has been pushed forward, so I'm keeping an eye out for one of those, plus a towbar...

IMAG0672_zps95e0bfe9.jpg

That same shot again, without inadvertent bonus "sleeping" rabbits, and during the battery change.

IMAG0676_zpsae0ef2ff.jpg

Bright and cleanish inside, a lot nicer than the black hammerite inside Trev1:

IMAG0678_zps65a653c0.jpg

Punt up the cu..err... rear...

IMAG0677_zpsb55cc02f.jpg

The worst part of the bonnet, in fact the under frame is all squashy as well, otherwise I'd be tempted just to bleb a patch onto it:

IMAG0673_zpsa1d26cb8.jpg

Leaving for home Friday evening parting shot:

IMAG0680_zps3cd6ff08.jpg

There is basically no strength to the front of the bonnet, the plastic strip is well on it's way to escaping, as is the sound deadening underneath, it is like it has been made out of a box of pissed on Sheffield Wednesday cornflakes, it certainly has the right constancy.

There is basically no strength to the front of the bonnet, the plastic strip is well on it's way to escaping, as is the sound deadening underneath, it is like it has been made out of a box of pissed on Sheffield Wednesday cornflakes, it certainly has the right constancy.