Autoshites *official* WANTED/OFFERED thread...

Lord Sterling

Good shout Moog, I'm heading up the local scrappy on Saturday morning for a pair of tyres and hopefully some 323 bits if they have one although I've just scored a nice JVC unit off ebay anyway.

I've found a decent full black cloth interior on ebay but he wants £60 which seems a bit steep plus he's in Carnock which is a long way away from me.  Mind you, a positive bargain compared to the chap with a 2.0V6 being broken, I did like the cream leather interior a lot but not when he wants £240!

Good point Joe, I've done similar things with my old Nova and a 99p set of Corsa CDX seats so I'm sure it's possible but the migraine-inducing pattern is not something I'm terribly worried about retaining!

Ring automotive rectangular fog lamps @ 12v

both work, see pictures.

you will no longer be shunned by everyone for not driving around with your fog lights on all the time or at night using them instead of your actual headlamps. work best when the back one is one too. especially when its not foggy. 100% 0%-shun guarantee. i suppose they'd work as auxilliary lights too.

one has a mildly cracked lens and neither have the bracket that attaches them to the car and they are a bit grubby from being in that box marked 'oats' hence £1 + p&p or anything

also new/unused/untested honeywell L641 cylinder thermostat in original box with instructions and some wires. goes from 40 to 80 really fast. also £1 or whatever plus p&p

post-18007-0-26329000-1409497613_thumb.jpgpost-18007-0-56832900-1409497631_thumb.jpgpost-18007-0-29229500-1409497649_thumb.jpgpost-18007-0-78517600-1409497662_thumb.jpgpost-18007-0-77124200-1409497675_thumb.jpgpost-18007-0-16124000-1409497687_thumb.jpg

Wanted, a wheel rim for a mid eighties VW transporter, wouldn't mind a power steering rack as well if anyone has one in their shed. Everyone, check your shed.

Offered, my brother has just replaced his '98 3 cylinder Daewoo Matiz with a Suzuki something or other, it's orange with all manner of luxuries like sunroof and pas etc. which the Suzuki lacks, just had £400 spent for MOT, so would £300 be a fair price? It has some issue with stalling at junctions and a shady history of bodging at my hands. Located in Watford near the footy pitch, any interest and I'll post fuzzy close up pics of the footwells from a different car.

The Suzuki may well be up for sale quite soon, A shitty Golf is about to usurp it, no idea what it is, Fiesta size hatchback with a pointy snout in blue with giffer bruises, 3 cylinder as well, what the fuck is up with all these triples? Was there some devestating worldwide piston shortage in the nineties that I never heard about?

I'll find out what it is and report.

Desired - rear seat squab (the bit your bum goes on) for a 2000 - 2005 Kia Rio. The one I have has been savagely bent up in the hope (presumably) it was hinged. They are not hinged.

This has resulted in the metal clips snapping so the squab bit is not actually attached to the car. This isn't an issue until there is a major crash and the squab slides out from under a rear-seat passenger and they die. I'm not sure exactly how this will happen, but also don't want to find out.

The rear seat from a hyundai accent of similar era will probably also fit.

They are about £75 delivered from ebay, but if someone on here wants to undercut this I will be a happy boy.

since no one bit my arms off for those deluxe fog lamp things how about...

VW 6 disc autochanger.

worked when i took it out of a skoda octavia 5 years ago. not sure how to test it. i think you have to plug in the YGB multiplug and give it power on the ratty other cable before it'll work. also needs a compatible head unit - worked with a VW gamma unit that i think i lost or was in the back of that scirocco triggers friend took away. possibly CDs inside.

free + p&p (weighs maybe 2kg max) or collect from ipswich or needham market.

edit: this lived in the center console rather than in the boot where they routinely fill up with screenwash from poor octavia design and construction. i say lived in the centre console, i dont think it was meant to live there and sat at a funny angle holding the heated rear screen button on *just* enough...

post-18007-0-67690100-1410210484_thumb.jpg

Set of 4 Peugeot / Citroen cyclone alloys.

195 55 15 with 3 good Westlake tyres and 1 just above wear bars.

Comes with set of alloy wheel bolts and locking nuts.

Located in Accrington but could deliver if localish.

£80 shiters discount available but also open to interesting swaps including 3 way fridge, decent mtb WHY?

post-3994-141027151886_thumb.jpg

post-3994-141027153699_thumb.jpg

post-3994-141027155297_thumb.jpg

post-3994-141027157109_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, they may come in handy. I must admit that I've not tried normal breakers yet, and the parts may not be difficult to find. It was just that I had the thought of resurrecting it today, and wondered if anyone had the bits I wanted, without the overheads of a scrapyard therefore more affordable for me... It's difficult to justify paying much when the only use I have for it is going off into the forest and collecting firewood!

Newcastle on Clun is where Lana spent most of her life growing up, so she knows it very well. Bit of a trek for her to go to Ludlow College every day though...must be 30-40 miles?