Drive Shite Day - what did you see?

dollywobbler

So, anyone spot anything good out there? I had a hurtle around the Elan Valley with some locals. Had some nice cars turn out - though I've got to hold fire on some of the pics until they've had a chance to appear in print. However, I can unleash this delicious Skoda Rapid upon you, being chased by a Reliant Scimitar SE4b.

535365_10150833827173200_640023199_11748511_1647602710_n.jpg

Didn't see much else, but then we didn't stray far and the weather was horrific at times. I was in the 2CV but you've probably seen enough pictures of that.

There was a very clean P-plate Allegro turned up at Hunstanton. Red with a black vinyl roof. There was also a Midas convertible, a tidy beige C-plate Solara (identical to my old Alpine but without the hatchback), an X1/9, one of those new MG things (which actually appeared to be privately owned - by an older couple who were with the local MG club and had presumably decided not to bring the Sherpa Sport because of the weather), a tidy blue Dyane and a delightfully scruffy black Traction Avant. Oh, and an '89 Cadillac Fleetwood - bet that was fun through the narrow village streets.

Taking the dog for a walk this morning, I heard a distinctive V8 (I think) rumble, turned round and was surprised to hear it coming from an early (51-53 model) black Standard Vanguard, which had red wheels but otherwise looked fairly errrrrrrrrr....................standard :) . A couple of minutes later I saw a C reg Mitsubishi L300 motorcaravan, in Autoshite beige. Unfortunately dogs, photography and main roads don't mix, which was a pity as they were both new to me; do the descriptions ring a bell with anyone here?

As mentioned in another thread, I forgot all about this and didn't go out! :oops: However... there was a wedding up at the big church (which I can see from my back door) and the convoy approached via the new road across from me. For anyone who hasn't encountered a Cypriot wedding party... you hear them first, because everyone, and I do mean everyone, is leaning on the horn. So I looked up with almost zero interest, in time to see a maroon Mk1 Golf cabrio in the procession. With the top down, which is really unusual here. Often I hear a V8 nearby, it's in a black Dodge Ram pickup (very rare here) that comes through the village a lot. I think the driver must live here. And yes, he was around today too. Must get a pic sometime.

Damn, didn't realise this at all - I would've gone back to the old house at Dinorwic quarry, there's bound to have been at least one local club gathering there :(

I do love the angle of the fluffy dice in the Rapid though :lol: along with the slightly nervous smile frozen on the passenger's face.

Two girls came round to look at the DAF and were driving a Morris Minor but that's all I saw.

Whilst they took it for a spin I went to look round their car and peered through the window and there was another girl sat in there wearing a Panda hat. She made me jump, I thought she was some sort of rucksack.....

I didn't know this was on, or rather, I hadn't twigged. If I had, I'd've gone for a tootle even with the exhaust sounding like shit and the tank running quite low on dinosaur juice. There's quite a few oldies around here, including an immaculate Mk2 Transit with a drop-side flatbed that I never see when I have a camera, I bet that and some of the other local chod was out and about today as the weather has been almost nice today.

Returning youngest daughter to Northumbria University today, the only thing of interest that I saw was a "B" roadster on the motorway hard shoulder with AA van in attendance. The rain we have had today meant my 2CV sieve stayed in the garage!

Rob

I saw a Skoda Felicia pickup minus its usual grill with a paint job, dropped on big alloys, a terminal Sceptre MK3 rotting with a couple of Rivas (yes I took a detour passed 'that' garden again) and 'my' Horizon I fancied has left the scrapyard :o I'm not suprised really though I put in no effort to gather the funds. Thank god tho, there's enough work in the 4 I have

Would have liked to do car things today but middle midgets 5th birthday and a bit of work put paid to that :? I nipped up to Craven Arms in the BX with the kids though and we were briefly following a Green Morris 1000 and a gold 60s saloon (mk2 cortina?).

On the way back we saw an older Volvo saloon (144?) just by the Onibury level crossing then an Austin 7 braving the A49 a bit further on. Nipped back into work this evening and saw a early 60s saloon lurking in a garage yard, looked like a Hillman or a Vauxhall from the back.

Saw this on Saturday though

6958144150_c70a98d744_z.jpg

Subaru Estate by Catsinthewelder, on Flickr

Took eldest lad back to Uni yesterday, saw a Moggie Minor, Series 2a landie (yummy) which was for sale, a big Yank 50's convertible and a Citreon DS which looked uber clean (all on the way to Norwich).

My 1300FWD is always parked on the road, so that kind of counts and I was too busy wanting to remove the vile and shitty 2K paint finish on my Daf 46 with an axe on Saturday to give much thought to anything else. :evil::evil::evil:

Ken

I've just taken up jogging again to get fit and I find the single track roads round my way are delightfully free of traffic, bar the odd farm Hilux or Trooper , but surprisingly caked with chod.

Yesterday I saw in my hour -long run:

2 MK3 Polos, one J reg Estate in green, the other L-Reg 'Coupe' in Red.

Leyland Freighter Tipper (its a 6 wheeler so is it a Freighter) Its spectacularly dead and covered with a CPT, but I used to see it from the train gougn to Uni when it was working many years ago. Its in front of an equally dead ERF E8-Series 8 legger. Dont know what engine it has as its rated at 265. Our E8 was a Cummins 275 and a Rolls engine is 11 odd litres isnt it?

Dead yellow Pug 305 Van on a C-plate kept company by a rotting hulk of a green Princess.

I also run past the local breakers and they have some chod kept aside such as a MK1 Cav, MK3 Granny and a few Transits.

We also have a fair few travellers sites in the surrounding countryside and on 2 separate sites there have appeared pristine MK2 Transits with alloy dropdise bodies. One has a red cab and the other is white. They are really immaculate and I was surprised to see them amongst the worn out MK4 00's models!

Anyhow, useless without pics lol!