New car for Ian........

As the plate is welded to that Minor, I'd say he's at least 10x over the odds.

If the plate was transferable it'd probably be £150k. It's not, so it's worth maybe an extra £1000 to a Moggie Minor perv called Ian.

I'd like to know why it's non-tranferable.

I'd like to know why it's non-tranferable.

It will have been re-issued by DVLA in the '90's after being stored for years and not updated from the green logbook to a V5.

my messerschmitt is exactly like that - number re-issued 1993, not on computer so now non transferable. Do I mind? Not at all!

Give the DVLA enough money and they'l transfer that plate onto anything you want, after all it is a Goverment run organisation, and nothing talks better to them than £££ keerching!!!!

Interestingly my bmw's original plate is non - transferable, its only a 95 N, any ideas why that would be?

Interestingly my bmw's original plate is non - transferable, its only a 95 N, any ideas why that would be?

It's probably had a private plate in the past. When cars revert to their original plate they tend to become non-tranferable.

As for "95N" I know the chap who has that very plate.

It's probably had a private plate in the past. When cars revert to their original plate they tend to become non-tranferable.

As for "95N" I know the chap who has that very plate.

Ah yes you are right, it has had a private plate in the past, that answers that one then.

95N, thats gota be worth a few quid aswell

1 AN may have once been on a mayoral car. As AN is Reading, possibly there.

When I lived in Stoke the Mayor's car reg there was '1 EH' . EH being the Stoke ID.

Could be skint councils selling off numbers in the past.

I'm only making assumptions about this though.

EDIT. Just googled and found this

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8134617. ... __150_000/