Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I found an identical trailer like that,as you say not makers mark.

Possibly a moorstone/budgie effort?

The boat is a nice find too.

There should be a trailer to go with it.

The trailers are easy to find,the boats not so much.

The little horse box is nice,I have a couple one with a door and of course one without.

Usually a Matchbox sized piece with similar wheels can be marked down to Budgie/Morestone or associated Modern Products branding.  I don't recognise this, though, nor can I think of a logical piece it would have come with.....There was a Jeep and Trailer in the Lone Star Tuf-Tots range but it didn't look like this.   Wonder if it had little plastic end raves like the Dinky Halesowen trailer?    Interesting....

Regarding the horse boxes etc.  yes it is well worth buying things up like that for the spares!   I grab any tyred 1-75 model I see - even if it just has one tyre - as they are quite expensive to have re-made.

Hard to be sure.....rivet doesn't look quite right on the Ever Ready and the baseplates on those Commers can be jiggled off without too much disturbance.  I am not familiar with the colour on the maroon Removals van either.    Having said that, the Nestle's van in particular has myriad factory shade variations before you even take fading into account.

The problem is that an ostensibly good, unrestored, model can be silvered up, have replacement decals etc. without actually being a repaint.   All of those decals look like repro to me.

post-5335-0-10921800-1541677154.jpg

I think it's a Wardie Master Toys "Wee World".

There was another one, which was similar, but more old fashioned and came in green with yellow plastic grids at the ends, which was much more common. This one is very rare indeed.

You can see both of them in this shit pic, the only one I found on the www.

post-5710-0-99713700-1541758011_thumb.jpg

You are probably right. Just the reference to it being a possibility in the listing usually means the seller has done it himself!

Best way to pick stuff up like this is at a swap meet, then you can inspect it to hand. But even then you need to know what you are looking for, take as example the 67 VW fastback, the metallic pink one was prone to sun fading it to a silver colour, which is incidentally a colour often used as a colour trial as it shows up any defects. Again the super fast cross over stuff that had the plastic retainer to accept the thinner super fast axles are easily removed and the red retainer ones are very rare and could easily be sprayed from the original black. Doesn’t help that when Lesney went bust in ‘82 a lot of the left over stickers depicting the Scorpion labels were sold off meaning you could create a ‘scarce’ variation yourself.

I am actually looking after some Dinky stuff for somebody at the moment - it is quite hard to tell repainted stuff even when you have it in your hand.   Some of what I have seen of his stuff so far is so well done and colour-matched that normal rivet inspection etc.  doesn't fail the test.   I think it's had quite an effect on the value of rarities but even the 1980s valuation guides were warning about this.....

post-5335-0-10921800-1541677154.jpg

I think it's a Wardie Master Toys "Wee World".

There was another one, which was similar, but more old fashioned and came in green with yellow plastic grids at the ends, which was much more common. This one is very rare indeed.

You can see both of them in this shit pic, the only one I found on the www.

attachicon.gifwardie.jpg

Good work that man.....I wondered about the raves, too - it has that shape.

Another recent find is this lift,

It had a broken lever,so wouldn't work.

A bit of diecast bodgery later and it does.

post-5543-0-68383200-1541762822_thumb.jpg

post-5543-0-60174100-1541762809_thumb.jpg

post-5543-0-89295200-1541762794_thumb.jpg

D.C.M.T Crescent,made in England.

The guy actually had two,but the other one was totally missing the lever.

Kinda regretting not getting now,it may have been bodgeable too.

2mins of sad silent footage of the Lesney factory in 1987

Oh and some Urbex from 2008 of it here

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/lesneys-matchbox-factory-hackney-london-oct-08.34232/

That is indeed sad....I saw the place once, as a kid, from my grandad's P6 at night.   Whether they were working night shifts then or not, I don't know, but it was lit up like the field of dreams to me as we passed.   Would have been about '67/68.

As we've seen Junkyarddogs, let's check mine out.....

Suspect mine is a bit more battered - its been lugged about with me since I first left home in 1980....

In fact the handle just fell out on the way downstairs. 

post-5367-0-66899700-1541799972_thumb.jpg 

Its not just for Superfast though....

No mugshots - just a group photo, 

post-5367-0-56671200-1541800136_thumb.jpg

Just like those lurid Weekend chocs yer mum used to scoff on Sunday, there's another multi-coloured layer...

post-5367-0-77925800-1541800212_thumb.jpg 

Some good memories there.....