AnnoyingPentium's *an Vectra*: Back oan eh road

AnnoyingPentium

8 minutes ago, CaptainBoom said:

When's the big reveal, sir?

Whenever I've got the call to say it's ready. They're taking the piss a bit, but I'm in good hands here at the moment. :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I quite like 500s in that they're like a go kart, but being long back/short legs means I fit about as well as John Candy in an original Mini.

I drove a MK1 Ka for four years.  I’m 6’2 and have always been North of 16 Stone.  John Candy in a Mini is an excellent way of describing that experience.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LoftyvRS said:

I'm fearful for your safety, if you have still not emptied the chamber and it's nearly tea time.....

The advantages of youth.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Whenever I've got the call to say it's ready. They're taking the piss a bit, but I'm in good hands here at the moment. :)

Have you got it yet? 

Normally the cars break down after you've bought them so this is a bonus, unless of course its an omen. ;)

• Like 1

No idea why but I'm seeing Sandman in that number plate. 

🎶Give him the word that I'm not a Rover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.... 
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream

bye-im-out.gif

It's a beeeeee 🐝, so I suppose it's got that going for it. 

Not sure why I didn't see that one coming to be fair! Nice* choice of motorized conveyance

12.4/10 good collectioneering would read again but more poos needed next time for extra points. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bren said:

Jealous.

What engine?

1.8 16v in Artic spec...LOWWWWWW miles.... and last MOT fail was a very picky tester I think

• Like 4

If anyone feels left out, there’s weirdly one the same year and very similar miles about to go auction;

https://www.manorparkclassics.com/auction/lot/lot-139---1998-vauxhall-vectra-16-envoy/?lot=1752&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=20&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=48&pn=1&g=1

Although if the estimate is anything to go by, @AnnoyingPentiumgot his for an absolute steal in comparison!

• Like 1

Ryan ya mad bastid ye!

I mean awa tae get a motor like that!

Nah yeah, I already knew what the new brief was and it's a good choice....

Just providing it not rusty tae fuck! 😆

If no, pump the bloody thing full of some shite to keep it mint! Because trying to weld up a kippered one is not fun!!!

• Like 2

*sad fact 2*

if you turn on rear wiper the put intermittent on the front the rear will sync with front even if you set it different

1 hour ago, bezzabsa said:

1.8 16v in Artic spec...LOWWWWWW miles.... and last MOT fail was a very picky tester I think

Correct. 26,500 ish, loads of paperwork including a cambelt in 2021. Two keys, radio code, working well too. Dealer put new brakes on too.