The Price is SHITE!

HillmanImp

Jesus fucking wept, sorry I chose a car with such a long auction to run on it, it feels like about 8 weeks and we still have over a day to go. Interesting strategy to have it run to 11pm on a monday, but there we go. 

We're sitting at £1950 with 26 hours to run at time of typing and 21 bids so could be a frenzy of LHM induced bidding on a school night tomorrow.

Now, I've had a word with Katy Perry's management, but sadly she's been at a party for three weeks now and not likely to leave any time soon.  I did get an offer from a Facilities Manager in Hartlepool who is also called Les Dennis, I then realised that I shouldn't use the internet on my own any more.  Les couldn't help me out as he's already getting ready for the panto season.  The good news is that he found me an awesome picture from the 1989 Christmas Special of Family Fortunes of him with Buster Merryfield.  The costume department must have saved a fortune using Buster's beard clippings to line the Santa outfit. 

1116997652_Les_dennisBuster_Merryfield.thumb.jpg.6fa251bf25f492b9a6f0e0d195a05ada.jpg

I think Buster has just heard of one of Les's 'during the war' stories.  Aw, thanks Les!

Right then Dailes and Mentlegen, I bring you fresh from the fields* of the Midlands, a 1992 Honda Civic, but not just any Civic, a Civic Shuttle, phwoar!  I know. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5d69f0278f2b8bc43079c7c5694ff1b3.jpg

It has a sort of colour, epic lacquer peel speckled bonnet and some frilly bits on the bottoms of the doors.  There are awesome interior photos which look like they've used my grandmother's eyes to take them, the shadows are too strong to see anything very much of the interior, but what a machine!  It even comes with a venetian blind in the back window that was taken from a dentist waiting room in 1996. 

No MOT, failed on:

• metal moth found in the area of the (taped up) rear seat belt mounts
  • Heavily binding front brakes
  • Snapped spring
  • Shagged upper wishbones on the front
  • and a pile of advisories and minors, which are dull

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334903088022?hash=item4df9c79396:g:HJYAAOSwrwhkgK1x

The auction is at £504.50 with 1 day, 16 hours to go, no reserve.  So how much for this slice of life-expired goodness then?

Much as I enjoy 80s Japanese weird boxes, that thing is terminal. £504 is too much already so it must be that two nerdboi fans are bidding against each other. 

Or, there is shill bidding going on from his mate.

Either way I don't expect this to top £600. So my punt is £582.33

On 13/06/2023 at 13:48, MiniMinorMk3 said:

£504.50

I just can't seeing anyone wanting to bid it any higher.

Ding ding ding!  We have a winner @MiniMinorMk3you have the the baton.  As per somewhatfoolish, it closed at £514.50 

If there's any justice in this world, that Shuttle will already be a Zanussi

£1950 with almost definitely the reserve not met.

Whilst it's interesting as a project, buying someone else's project-is just that-a project.

EDIT: Boom_daughter is home from school, she says £1,599.40 with 60p found in the boot (probably impersonating a bung in the boot floor)