The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm very hungover and haven't had anything to eat because apparently I ate all of my sandwich ingredients in a drunken haze last night. So of course I am doing the sensible thing and venturing into town. I might have enough money to acquire a Greggs baguette but I'm not sure.

Hungary border staff can eat an assorted bag of dicks. Serbia is jot part of the EU. We have borders on all sides. It’s never a fucking jam, especially not on non-primary crossings, other than with Hungary. They are intentionally making it as slow and as annoying as possible every single day, the fucking sadistic idiots. Looking around me, it’s not even Serbs whoa are affected the most. Virtually all cars around me are EU plated. 
Hour and a half so far, with no end in sight. Can they be tossed out of EU or at least told off for this bullshit any time soon, please?

It’s not even weekend or Friday after hours, wtf, seriously?

1 hour ago, IronStar said:

Hungary border staff can eat an assorted bag of dicks. Serbia is jot part of the EU. We have borders on all sides. It’s never a fucking jam, especially not on non-primary crossings, other than with Hungary. They are intentionally making it as slow and as annoying as possible every single day, the fucking sadistic idiots. Looking around me, it’s not even Serbs whoa are affected the most. Virtually all cars around me are EU plated. 
Hour and a half so far, with no end in sight. Can they be tossed out of EU or at least told off for this bullshit any time soon, please?

They've been like it everytime I've driven to Hungary. I've spent upto 6 bloody hours at the Austria/Hungary border at Hegyeshalom.

Someone locally here has transported a canoe without securing it properly. Well, it came loose and hit the car behind it and serious injuries have been reported and the air ambulance etc has been called. So I guess that the canoe went through the windshield of the car behind it.

I really hope this is not a fatal accident.

• Sad 8

On 08/08/2024 at 17:47, artdjones said:

If the owner of AX201 decided to spray it metalflake purple I might get annoyed.

Isn't that still owned by Rolls Royce?

3 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Isn't that still owned by Rolls Royce?

Bentley (VAG) got it as part of the Crewe takeover, but it got sold off to a private owner in 2020.

4 hours ago, Popsicle said:

They've been like it everytime I've driven to Hungary. I've spent upto 6 bloody hours at the Austria/Hungary border at Hegyeshalom.

I really don’t understand the logic behind it. We have 2 days to spend here. If you ruin our day on the border, we’re not going to have time to spend any money in your country that day, so what’s the point? It’s literally a net minus for Hungarian economy. 

Maybe if they stopped re-electing Victor Orban.

• Agree 4

7 hours ago, IronStar said:

I really don’t understand the logic behind it. We have 2 days to spend here. If you ruin our day on the border, we’re not going to have time to spend any money in your country that day, so what’s the point? It’s literally a net minus for Hungarian economy. 

2 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

This is the problem. For no reason that I could ever understand sometimes politicians act like vandals and ruin their own countries, this bad attitude trickles down the line too that those government services will act quite nastily towards others they see as lesser than them, even if that means tourists etc...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IronStar said:

15 hours ago, Popsicle said:

It is particularly strange here it's a Schengen border and you should be able to come and go as you please. Certainly the trains just cross the border as if it isn't there. It seems odd to have one system for cars and another for the trains. 

6 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Several MEPs have put in a complaint about him as he has decided to allow Russian and Belarusian workers in without visas. Which means they can then come and go as they please across Europe. As long as they use the train it seems from your experience. 

And just generally Victor Orban seems to like annoying the rest of the EU just because he can. 

• Like 1

Total wait time at Hungarian border yesterday - 3 hours. Well, ok, is that a huge line of cars then? No! Absolutely not! The same number of cars would be processed in 30 minutes, tops, anywhere else! Hungarians are making it as slow and as inefficient as possible. There’s a bunch of them at the checkpoint, but most of them are busy talking to each other and smoking. Police officer took literally 5 minutes to check and stamp 2 passports. Customs guy, when he finished laughing with a mate and smoking vape did a full search of the car, spending additional 5-6-7 minutes, admittedly some of it overlapping with the useless police officer checking the passports. Total stop time ~8 minutes. And they’re doing this with every. single. car. Average processing time literally everywhere else I’ve ever ben is under 1 minute, and no one ever checks every single car, especially not when there’s kilometers of cars waiting. Cunts. Absolute cunts. 

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Oh FFS--------Excess memes and ‘reply all’ emails are bad for climate, researcher warns

https://www.theguardian.com/media/article/2024/aug/09/excess-memes-photos-and-reply-all-emails-are-bad-for-climate-finds-study

I'm pretty sure his latest conference (Florida) was attended on Zoom ;-) ?

Some filthy cunt shat in our toilets at work today. And I don't mean in the bowl.  Shite all over the floor and the walls.
There's nothing like working in retail to make you hate the general public.

1 hour ago, Spiny Norman said:

Some filthy cunt shat in our toilets at work today. And I don't mean in the bowl.  Shite all over the floor and the walls.

I manage quite a few public buildings and nothing surprises me these days, not a week goes by without someone doing this in one of them, my poor staff have to clean shit like this up regularly, mind you it also happens in our non public buildings too occasionally, there’s some dirty bastards out there.

I work in Central London (W1).

On Saturday - not a single train went into the capital from St Neots due to overhead wire problems.

No problem, thinks I.  I'll drive all the way in.  It's the weekend, and the fuel vs train cost is similar.... I can park for free overnight... and I don't mind swallowing the ULEZ.

It was only when I passed the first camera did I remember that I'm on a night shift... and it'll be tomorrow by the time I come home... and my stupid brain hadn't realised that I'll be paying the fee twice, as tomorrow is a new day.

Fucking idiot. 

I'll go from St Albans next time, the same as I usually do when it's broken.

Knob.

On 28/07/2024 at 00:58, Lord Sterling said:

The air-con saga goes on. We're now in almost in the middle of summer and yet the Vectra still doesn't have working air-conditioning.

So this rare unobtainable pipe has now actually been found and was supposed to be fitted, but of course, no. One pipe couldn't be fitted properly due to some broken faster, so now again, I have to wait. At this point I'll never have working air-conditioning in this car. 

Waiting for several hours I almost fell ill there, breaking out in a cold sweat and then couldn't stay at my Mum's due to feeling unwell, despite that, I went home, had a sleep for a few hours and felt much better. 

20240723_152721.jpg.a509120beec1112ce327690864928c36.jpg

I still cannot believe that something that should be so simple has turned into a farce that's dragging on and on and on....

So, the farce continues. I've given up. Despite the fact I've spent nigh-on £300 for a new condenser and various pipes I still am no nearer to having air-con in the Vectra.

Because of some "various" modifications the condenser or whatever it has somehow picked up some damage so another new condenser is required. I told the garage to leave it and I'll be taking my business elsewhere from now on, I'm sad and pissed off at the same time as I've been regular customer and even worked there for a time too way back when.

So I'm on the lookout for a new condenser and a garage to fit it plus regas. I know there is one on the outskirts of Stourport that @red5 uses. 

I have a guy in Birmingham who can do simple jobs like brake pads/servicing etc... 

So that's where we are now. Because of upcoming holidays, saving for that etc... I certainly won't be enjoying air-con in the Vectra until next year now. 😡 😤

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

4 hours ago, Jazoli said:

I manage quite a few public buildings and nothing surprises me these days, not a week goes by without someone doing this in one of them, my poor staff have to clean shit like this up regularly, mind you it also happens in our non public buildings too occasionally, there’s some dirty bastards out there.

It does make you wonder how these people get through life with a habit like that. 

I mean, how difficult is it to sit on a toilet whilst internally squeezing out yesterdays dinner? 

On 10/08/2024 at 08:58, IronStar said:

Total wait time at Dover yesterday - 3 hours. Well, ok, is that a huge line of cars then? No! Absolutely not! The same number of cars would be processed in 30 minutes, tops, anywhere else!

I fixed that for you.😉

• Haha 3

So lovely day. Stayed at my parents (87 and 89) in Wales last night, had a lovely lunch, then we went to the beach, where I put on my trunks and ventured out into the warm*  waters which had only recently covered the hot sand. 

Swam up and down for a bit, laughed as my mother fell over whilst paddling in the water.  (She's always been a bit clumsy, it's not old age).

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my right nipple.  Like I'd been poked with a red hot poker. I looked around, couldn't see a jelly fish, there was what looked like a hornet drowning in the water, a few metres away, but can't see how it can have been that. My nipple went bright red and my "breast" became inflamed and the skin went all pink. 

Back at my parents house I had a cold shower and some paracetamol, and the pain and the swelling started to ease. 7 hours later, back home in miseryside, its still sore.  But bearable.  

God knows what it was.  😡 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Lathams, earlier today. 

20240811_153225.jpg.c9693a907e89a35414d4876cbeda188f.jpg

Cunts. 

That should be illegal. It probably is. 

If I wanted to get arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit arson, I'm sure a jury of 12 good men and women, would not convict.  But I'm not a dickhead and I'm nit going on social media, to incit a riot. 

Instead, I think you, need to go on "report a crime anonymously" and give the police details of this outrage. Its not even.September.  we haven't had halloween.  

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Lathams, earlier today. 

Cunts. 

Do they know it's christmas summer?

11 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Lathams, earlier today. 

Cunts. 

I agree but who the hell buys them?

It's still the tourist season and I can't see many people taking them back as pressies from a holiday on the Broads.

10 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Do they know it's christmas summer?

I thought Home Bargains was bad enough with all the Halloween stuff out. Stupid thing is , they take away gardening and summer stuff that people might still want.

IMHO Halloween tat should be banned. It really is just unnecessary rubbish than contributes to global pollution.

26 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

IMHO Halloween tat should be banned. It really is just unnecessary rubbish than contributes to global pollution.

As is about 90% of the crap in the shops.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Metal Guru said:

It is used in the UK as a distraction from bonfire night and should therefore be encouraged.