The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 10/29/2021 at 2:17 AM, Wack said:

Christmas 1995 , then girlfriend , now wife and I went to Egypt , it's was utterly fascinating ,breathtakingly beautiful and felt like going back in time 

Fucking Americans

I'm surprised there's not a big  M on top of the Sphynx 

That Pizza Hut is actually a combo, there's a KFC under it. Or at least it was in 2004.

My weekend gets better. Some twat in a taxi has just scraped down side of my c1 while parked. While I'm sat in it leaning on horn. Then tries to say it isn't him and I'm trying to con him as his car is already scratched to fuck and he can't see any new damage to his car.

I'm no win here as if I go thru insurance any paint repair on a 2009 car is going to be write off plus premium jack for years.

He then says it isn't him but he'll offer 50 to go away. 

FFS!

IMG_20211030_134332.jpg

Fashionably* late to the party as ever, I've been struck down with the Covid.

Been feeling pretty lousy since Wednesday, off the back of 2 weeks of colds - snot everywhere, coughing up lung butter, the usual sorts of things. Then what I think might be a migraine set in, and wouldn't go. Everything aches, my smell and taste are off, but still work. I've been pouring with sweat at night so finally put 2 and 2 together and did a lateral flow test this morning. The T line showed up within about 45 seconds, never mind 30 minutes.

Well that explains that then. Emailed work to say I'd be WFH for the next week.

Interestingly* taking paracetamol and paramol did absolutely nothing for the migraine and aches. Ibuprofen though is a wonder drug, I feel almost fine if I take 2 tablets twice a day. 

Won't be going anywhere for a little while though. Glad I had my 2 doses of vaccine earlier in the year, its been annoying but nothing more serious than that, mercifully.

7 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

My weekend gets better. Some twat in a taxi has just scraped down side of my c1 while parked. While I'm sat in it leaning on horn. Then tries to say it isn't him and I'm trying to con him as his car is already scratched to fuck and he can't see any new damage to his car.

I'm no win here as if I go thru insurance any paint repair on a 2009 car is going to be write off plus premium jack for years.

He then says it isn't him but he'll offer 50 to go away. 

FFS!

Drivers are much more willing to be brazenly dishonest nowadays. Dashcams always useful. 

6 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

And as if the world wasn't fucked up enough... postie's just brought me a letter from PIP turning me down, again.  I don't know whether to challenge it or not.

Always challenge it.  If it goes to the appeal tribunal while it's a bunch of extra hassle that gives you the opportunity to present your case in front of actual human beings face to face.  They're not part of the same organisation either so there's no pressure for them to say no if they think you've made a decent case for yourself.  Especially if your case is anything vaguely resembling unusual or complicated.

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

And as if the world wasn't fucked up enough... postie's just brought me a letter from PIP turning me down, again.  I don't know whether to challenge it or not.

Do it Eddie, don't let the bastards grind you down as that is their plan , I've never known an appeal fail 

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Yes definitely challenge it. The citizens advice can normally put you in touch with someone to help filling the forms and there are a few online who can give pointers.

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Drivers are much more willing to be brazenly dishonest nowadays. Dashcams always useful. 

It was pointing at dashcam that brought £50 offer. Brilliant defence though his car is smashed to fuck so plz point to matching damage on his car. Then  claim that's from parking by Braille last week.

Yesterday the Grogee clan went to Coventry. Usually, that in itself is reason for grumpiness, but in this instance it was a great visit to the Wave swim centre (highly recommended for shiters with kids).

The reason I'm grumpy is that I went there again today to have a look at a car, and noticed that the A4114 now has a 30 limit. Yesterday I dashed along at 40 as it's been 40 since the beginning of time*. Today I notice it's now 30, with average speed cameras

So now I'm in that miserable limbo where you think you might have a ticket coming but it's not certain and how long do I wait until I can stop thinking about it...?

2 hours ago, Stanky said:

Fashionably* late to the party as ever, I've been struck down with the Covid.

Been feeling pretty lousy since Wednesday, off the back of 2 weeks of colds - snot everywhere, coughing up lung butter, the usual sorts of things. Then what I think might be a migraine set in, and wouldn't go. Everything aches, my smell and taste are off, but still work. I've been pouring with sweat at night so finally put 2 and 2 together and did a lateral flow test this morning. The T line showed up within about 45 seconds, never mind 30 minutes.

Well that explains that then. Emailed work to say I'd be WFH for the next week.

Interestingly* taking paracetamol and paramol did absolutely nothing for the migraine and aches. Ibuprofen though is a wonder drug, I feel almost fine if I take 2 tablets twice a day. 

Won't be going anywhere for a little while though. Glad I had my 2 doses of vaccine earlier in the year, its been annoying but nothing more serious than that, mercifully.

@Stanky we had it too, also after double jab. I was crook maybe 3-4 days but Mrs Grogee was struck down about 10 days mainly with fatigue. I lost taste and smell which is common, I think they're back but I still like Kula Shaker so nothing is certain.

I don't really have any advice except rest, and let your sick pay take the strain if that's even possible.

Cheers, I'm able to work from anywhere with internet so its more of an inconvenience than an actual issue, luckily. I've been Ok with screens today, whereas weds, thurs and fri they made my migraine way worse so I think I'm on the mend now. Just need to stay away from people to stop/limit the spread.

my sense of smell and taste as definitely affected, I have gone right off the taste of beer and some decent wine I had last night tasted like vinegar. That said, the two colds I've had back-to-back have ruined my smell and taste too so its hard to know exactly when the covid started.

Just had to top up on the ibuprofen, my shoulders began to ache again a little while ago so a can of pepsi and two tablets should see me through to bedtime.

I know what you mean about fatigue though, I had to have a sit down and a rest for a bit midway through carving pumpkins with the kids this afternoon!

23 hours ago, SherpaMog said:

He's just driven past a large layby frequently used by vosa or whatever they are called now, I'm pretty sure the tosser works for a mega tosser I unfortunately know.

What the fuck would make you think this is ok?

Chill out ! It’s not like the skips are full or anything 😂😂😂

A couple of weeks ago the centre section of the exhaust, 305 van, decided to part company at the middle box. Cue loud noise and scraping sound. Managed to bodge it together with a sleeve and ordered a middle section. Just spent the best part of four hours sorting it out. I hate doing exhausts and why have two boxes ? About six or seven years ago the back box dis-intergrated and there was no noise difference.

Clocks!  Fucking things are fighting me all the way, like every fucking thing else!  I have three battery-operated clocks in my three main downstairs rooms.  Changed the battery in the dining room clock last week, it stopped dead.  Turned the kitchen clock back last night, it still works.  Turned the lounge clock back, it stopped dead.  

Mine had me all confused - I have one that automatically updates but didn't (sat on a loudspeaker so the magnets must have interfered with it) also a new central heating timer showing the time one hour later - computers too.

Had to look at my watch to be sure what time it wasn't.  The CH programmer has updated automaticalilly.  Wasn't expecting that.

31 minutes ago, DavieW said:

Deliveroo riders. No lights, cycle through red lights, ride down one way streets the wrong way, no helmets. Do they not get vetted before they employ them? Also, what is Deliveroos legal position if these riders cause an accident riding dangerously?

Saw one on Edge Lane in Liverpool yesterday. Rode into the rear of a stationary ecosport and broke the light.

1 hour ago, DavieW said:

what is Deliveroos legal position if these riders cause an accident riding dangerously?

Gig economy innit, they're all self employed so personally liable. Deliveroo/Uber Eats/whoever have no responsibility. If they cause any hassle Deliveroo will dump them like the proverbial bag of potatoes