The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I wouldn’t waste my time raising the very valid points you mention with them. For some reason scrapyards will cut their nose off to spite their face with things sometimes.

Through experience asking for their VAT number tends to get you banned from their yard. The ones around here pay peanuts for cars but want an arm and a leg if you event take it off the car yourself.

After 12 days of rain, this morning the sun came out. Few jobs to do in preparation of a day working on the Disco tomorrow, so very pleasant. This afternoon was to wash and photograph a couple of vehicles I am going to be selling, and this evening listing them online.

Finished the little jobs, and come in for a cup of tea. Of course it is now pissing down so no photos today.

Bastards.

After 12 days of rain, this morning the sun came out. Few jobs to do in preparation of a day working on the Disco tomorrow, so very pleasant. This afternoon was to wash and photograph a couple of vehicles I am going to be selling, and this evening listing them online.

Finished the little jobs, and come in for a cup of tea. Of course it is now pissing down so no photos today.

Bastards.

Same here. Its grim.

Stomach flu.

It's been coming out both ends all morning and I think I might be able to keep this cup of juice down now. Maybe.

I can't remember when I last had an upset stomach but my dad would always make a cornflour mould for us as kids.

Basically set custard made from cornflour & milk.

Might work, who knows?

Stomach flu.

It's been coming out both ends all morning and I think I might be able to keep this cup of juice down now. Maybe.

A little ginger helps with a poorly tum-tum, helps soothe the inflammation of the stomach. As does mint, which will also help lessen any fever you have as well. GWS.

Girlfriend_70s is the same way...

About an hour ago she managed to keep down some water. Perhaps the Rowan Tree poisoned you both?

Perhaps. I like the Rowan Tree though. :(

I may try some peppermint tea, and perhaps a slice of toast. Ooooh, ambitious.

Not so much grumpy more upsetting. Wife has been ill last week with severe migraine and had a couple days off work. On Monday she had to park her bus up and come home due to blurred vision and thumping headaches. Gone to doctors this morning for another checkup of her blood pressure which is still through the roof. Doctors admitted her straight to hospital with suspected brain bleed.

Get well soon Mrs Bub. Hopefully the doctors have good news for you and it's not too serious.

Perhaps. I like the Rowan Tree though. :(

I may try some peppermint tea, and perhaps a slice of toast. Ooooh, ambitious.

Rowan berries are poisonous raw but the toxin breaks down when cooked, strangely enough the cooked berries can help with the trots.

Toast is good as well. My old old old GP used to say tizer & ready salted crisps. It does work when you are able to keep things down again - avoid Irn Bru though, the quinine will make your guts worse.

My old old old GP must have been a shiter.

Through experience asking for their VAT number tends to get you banned from their yard. The ones around here pay peanuts for cars but want an arm and a leg if you event take it off the car yourself.

I used to find the price varied with how long it took to remove the part....

FUCKIT!!! - Friend who had tumors removed from kidney, they fucked up and she lost the kidney! Queue lawsuit and ongoing legal shit...… Just been called in - get yourself in today please. Now waiting for date of op - Big C is back...… she's one of het stupidest, funniest, sexiest women I've ever known - never smoked, lived pretty healthily too. No history in the family, but she just called - this Xmas may be her last.....

Just booked time off - roadtrip and pointless platitudes ahoy! What the actual fuck do you do/say?

SHIT!!!!!!!! SHIT     SHIT    SHIT    SHIT    SHIT    SHIT    SHIT    SHIT    cunting life!

Apol's - Bub - hope the lady is OK dude. I'm gutted and she isn't even my partner or anything…. hope you're given the all clear asap.

I used to find the price varied with how long it took to remove the part....

Not the nearest breakers to me. Wanted a few bits including a tyre for the Saab after getting 2 punctures I had a 5th alloy with decent tread but only the emergency spare which Mrs D had to bring to me from the shed.

Found the right size tyre in the breakers but was a Shanghai crispy duck and slippery rubber company brand with about 4mm tread.

"£60 mate, 'cos it's on a 17" rim."

"Fitted"

"Nah mate, you'll have to get that done somewhere else and we want the rim back"

Googled local tyre dealers - same tyre at local independent was £45 fitted, showed him, wouldn't even split the difference or throw the other 2 dinky bits I wanted in. Told him to go poke. I've never paid more than 25 nicker for a part worn.

Don't use SRC Metals in Fontwell.

Got into the NSL part of the M32, car in-front pulled over leaving a clear run ahead. I floored it while doing 60mph, gearbox dropped from 6th to 3rd gear. The front tyres only bloody well lit up. Thankfully the traction control kept the show on the road with frantic flashing of the warning light. Still, 200bhp isn't a lot and should be nowhere near enough to do that. Maybe a 911 turbo, but a 2 litre Audi TT?

So the grump is that, despite still having 4-5mm of tread on the front Chinese deathrings, I think I'll need some new boots on the front. Bigger grump is that even Uniroyals are £150 a corner.

My neighbour and friend Bill passed away last night. He was a brilliant chap, a skilled woodworker and lecturer. He retired about 10 years ago and developed Parkinsons about 18 months later. He went on to develop Parkinson's related dementia and we lost the person he was at that point. Such a lovely, lovely bloke, witty and very much to the point. Whilst I am very saddened by what happened to him, I know that he is okay now. I hate Parkinson's and dementia with a passion as it robs so many people of a fruitful and productive and meaningful older age. Take care mate. 

Hermes.

Two different reasons for non-delivery of parcel that totally contradict each other.

Seems I'm far from being alone in having problems.

FedEx.

Three days in a row the tracking has said 'we tried to deliver and you weren't in' - I was. Looks like my sister isn't getting a birthday present then.

You could always stick to the limits ;)

I'm usually very careful with that after getting 2 nips for 33 in a 30 a few years ago... Might drive with the sat nav on to double check the speedo. However I have now decided to do 25mph down there now, which will be interesting as most people thing it's NSL rather than 30.

Ive been a good little drone and filled the form out, the fine can go on the credit card and I'll worry about affording the insurance increase next year. Eva goes in to have a grommit in one ear tomorrow and she's on the sofa now scared and crying. Amy shouted as usual, but I won't go into that as I've kept quiet on that side of things after trying to get it off my chest a few years ago and just feeling a bit ridiculed, that can stay bottled up for now