The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Should finish at 5 at work. Didnt get out till 6.45. Started at 7.30 and only managed 10 mins of dinner too. Came home to find a car parked directly opposite my driveway making it tight to turn into. Ended up stoving the kia into the audi. Sooner i can scrap it the bloody better.

Found Mrs_Outlaw a car last Saturday - 22nd. 

Kia Rio in pretty blue, 2012 17,381 miles, £6695, beat the dealer down to £6500 including 6  months tax, fresh MoT and whichever service is due. Offered me/her £1800 for the Fiesta unseen.

Form filled out, deposit of £200 paid, arranged to collect Thursday 3rd November - no point wasting 3 weeks tax eh? - and madam works 1st part of the week.

So why the grump?

get a phone call sunday - "Hello this is Ken Brown Kia n Stevanage - really sorry, got some bad news"

Me: (thinking it's caught fire or someone has wrapped it up) "Go on...."

Them: "That car is reservrd for someone else, they've put a deposit on it, and a paying for it today. Obviously we'll refund your £200.....really sorry.... the salesman you spoke to will find you another one, we've got access to kia's database, we'll give you a call Monday"

Yep, you guessed it it's fucking Thursday, the money went back in yesterday, and I've not had a peep out of them.

Am I right in thinking the paperwork Mrs_O signed is essentially a contract?

Talking of rented places, the first place I rented the gas boiler packed up about 10pm on xmas eve. There may have been beer involved the thought process of 'fuck waiting four days to be able to contact them, I'll do it'. 30mins later I'd bridged the burnt out section of the circuit board with a scrap bit of wire & had it all working again, it was still like that when I left months later, I never did tell them.

I did tell the owner of the rental agency his company were a bunch of dishonest scum, buckets while he was having a pub meeting trying to sell the business... serves the fuckers right for pretending they'd had the place flea'd when I got it & I had to spend six months defleaing it myself. Then bastids then charged me a de-flea charge when I left. That on top of claiming cleaning costs 'because you dog has peed everywhere' which was actually the leaking heating I'd been calling them about for nine months had kinda pissed me off.

Southwest Trains and their wanky bus replacement service. Travelling back from a curry & gin fuelled evening in town only to be told the train was stopping at Havant with a replacement bus service to Portsmouth. OK, thinks I, no problem.

Our train was 4 minutes late getting to Havant (not exactly a bustling metropolis), but did the rail replacement service wait for us...did it fuck. We got to Havant around 12:45am and the next bus was due at 01:30

So I called a cab and treated a couple of random strangers to a free lift to Portsmouth with possibly the most sweary taxi driver I've ever met. My head hit the pillow at exactly 1:30

Wasted the afternoon yesterday undoing a previous owners bodge on my A35 van. If the wanker who claimed to have restored it is reading this, you don't fix a leaky carb by sticking a couple of washers under the float valve.

The wretched fixed-jet carb was so worn that I removed it along with the manifolds and substituted an SU set up removed years ago from a larger engined Minor. It idled and drove perfectly with no adjustments which probably means I've posted this in the wrong place.

My body is being about as reliable as a P38 Range Rover lately.

I have had a weird pain in my left eye the past couple of days, at the outer edge of where the two eyelids meet, almost like there's something stuck in there, but I can't get it out. Now the top eyelid has swollen up ever so slightly today. I also have a mouth ulcer on the side of my tongue. Grrrrr.

I'd have rung the Police cros, turned it into a proper fucking rant.

I'm careful about the protocol for being upset about things, get it wrong and you soon flush out the sensitive folk. Buoyed up by the lack of offence caused so far I'll just add that the A35's vendor fellates pigs and couldn't put a nut on a bolt. Your go.

Just to join in ive flipped my lid at work today. Told them there is no organisation and no communication and that ive also had enough of chasing round day in day ou,not having a break,finishing two hours late amd gemerally being treated like shit. Its sending me over the edge

Just to join in ive flipped my lid at work today. Told them there is no organisation and no communication and that ive also had enough of chasing round day in day ou,not having a break,finishing two hours late amd gemerally being treated like shit. Its sending me over the edge

This is the modern world we're living in.

Paul Weller 1977

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Nightmare, did it brake the paint? PDR chap might get it out if it has not.

Yep, paint broken as the Santa Fe has quite a pronounced swage line meaning the edge of my door has a sharp corner.

Young girl who owns the car says she gets her dad to sort this kind of stuff out, so I'm hoping they'll shop around for a sesnsible price.

Yep, paint broken as the Santa Fe has quite a pronounced swage line meaning the edge of my door has a sharp corner.

Young girl who owns the car says she gets her dad to sort this kind of stuff out, so I'm hoping they'll shop around for a sesnsible price.

They do indeed, the silver bit along the bottom sticks out a bit, saved mine from dings when i had it. Bound to be a local bodyshop that will do a good job for a good price.

There was salt on the road today.

Still nothing down here thank fook. Can't be long now though.

I'm going to get the Mercury out tomorrow I think before they do start spreading the sodding stuff all over the place. There were times last winter they'd used that much the road had turned bright white! Excessive IMHO.

A car park pillar jumped out at me, and did this.  I am a twat.  Would you believe I was doing about 3mph (or less) at the time?  (And yes, I do have parking sensors)

post-28-0-94815000-1477676972_thumb.jpg

Spent most of the afternoon trying to get at it from behind to push it out, then using a cheapy hot glue puller (rubbish), then I just gave in, drilled holes and used a slide hammer.  Tomorrow I'll get busy with the filler, primer and temporarily topcoat with some silver I've got hanging around; the proper colour and lacquer should be here by the end of next week.

Still nothing down here thank fook. Can't be long now though.

I'm going to get the Mercury out tomorrow I think before they do start spreading the sodding stuff all over the place. There were times last winter they'd used that much the road had turned bright white! Excessive IMHO.

Isn't our county one of those with an enormous stockpile?    Friggin' stuff was being put out all last winter regardless of temperature forecasts.  

Isn't our county one of those with an enormous stockpile?    Friggin' stuff was being put out all last winter regardless of temperature forecasts.

I think it is.

There's a council depot I pass most days near work with a big tin shed, inside it is an enormous mountain of the sodding stuff.

Last winter it was wet and mild, no need for it at all down here but they seemed to still throw it everywhere.

Commiserations Mr Bub. This sort of inconsiderate treatment is becoming normal.

My body is being about as reliable as a P38 Range Rover lately.

I have had a weird pain in my left eye the past couple of days, at the outer edge of where the two eyelids meet, almost like there's something stuck in there, but I can't get it out. Now the top eyelid has swollen up ever so slightly today. I also have a mouth ulcer on the side of my tongue. Grrrrr.

Sounds like a cyst, horrible things to get on your eye lid.  Had one or two before, symptoms match exactly yours.

Lack of sleep and generally being run down causes both the above.