The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just to join in ive flipped my lid at work today. Told them there is no organisation and no communication and that ive also had enough of chasing round day in day ou,not having a break,finishing two hours late amd gemerally being treated like shit. Its sending me over the edge

Exactly the same for me bub. If I could find something else....

Sounds like a cyst, horrible things to get on your eye lid.  Had one or two before, symptoms match exactly yours.

Lack of sleep and generally being run down causes both the above.

Sounds like an accurate description of me...

The annoying thing for me is i had my son from yesterday and have him till sunday. I didnt get home till 8 last night,im going again in a minute and im sure they will try to guilt trip me into staying all day and come in tomorro too even though i have my lad and want out by 1pm today. Thing that gets me is im on a zero hour contract ( was told it leads to permanent when i started but thats been apparently forgotten) no set hours over christmas,manager wont give me any word of how ill pay bills if work dies done and i get no bloody gratitude.

The annoying thing for me is i had my son from yesterday and have him till sunday. I didnt get home till 8 last night,im going again in a minute and im sure they will try to guilt trip me into staying all day and come in tomorro too even though i have my lad and want out by 1pm today. Thing that gets me is im on a zero hour contract ( was told it leads to permanent when i started but thats been apparently forgotten) no set hours over christmas,manager wont give me any word of how ill pay bills if work dies done and i get no bloody gratitude.

And this is what's wrong with the country. Not immigration, Brexit, or Marmite. Zero hours contracts.

How the fuck do you give someone a job, but effectively tell them 'there may be no job though'?

I have cleaners at my work employed by a contractor who do this shit to their cleaners. Hold on, but we contract you for 30 hrs a week cleaning, so why are the cleaners on zero hours?

Their answer is that's how they remain competitive. My answer is I will be reviewing your contract at renewal time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post office.

I sent a parcel two days ago. New forms for parcel sending require the senders details filled out next to the recipients details on the label and stuck to the parcel. Both address boxes are exactly the same size and the text stating which is sender, which is recipient is fucking tiny. Cant possibly see how that could go wrong.....

Today my parcel got delivered to me.

Seriously? designing these forms and labels probably cost literally millions, and yet apparently at no time during the process did anyone look at the design and think....yeah, thats not a good idea, maybe make the senders address box much smaller?

Campaigns.

Campaign seems to be from the Latin for "who can shout the loudest and screw everyone else".

There was a campaign to recognise Uber drivers as employed rather than self employed. It went through court and they won.

First soundbite I heard was a pissed off Uber driver who is now facing having to work when they want him to work, and probably fewer customers as prices will go up to cover sick pay etc.

He didn't want it, but someone led a campaign without asking him, because they wanted to. Surely some sort of vote, or fair representation is better?

Campaigns...... AyyUpp

I wish to go on record, not alone in this, that "Poppy Wearing [.. social stigma of NOT!]" is an act of remembrance/respect/personal preference.

The BBC have taken to wearing them from about mid Oct :(

We have 3 in the house, bought @£3 from anklebiters school tray. Will be worn Sunday only.

I chuck a quid in Help The Heroes bucket - no lapel sticker thankyou - and thats my choice.

FFF the FFF Off 'poppy nazis', my Heart my Cash my Conscience ;)

TS

Got my race membership cost down by £10.00 a month with the rac chap outside my local as day. Then I get a phone call from rac. I have been a member for 22 years. Lady tells me that because I cancelled my direct debit and rejoined with new lower price that I am not covered for two months. Apparently if you cancel you can't take out a new members hip. So I say reinstate my old 22 year membership at a reducedar rate cos your representative never told me that. Rac lady says that the sales reps are all self employed. I don't care says I. He had an rac uniform and rac merchandise so he is your representative and he has mis sold me a membership because he said i just cancel my old one and start a new one , no mention of this two month window of wait. After a brief 1 chat ton her manager I got my membership reinsrated and a reduction in cost. Excellent.

Campaigns.

He didn't want it, but someone led a campaign without asking him, because they wanted to. Surely some sort of vote, or fair representation is better?

Well if it was only I'm who didn't want it a vote wouldn't have helped much.