The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Dear work.

What you FAILED to say is that I've no need to be on site till 12 today so me getting up at 4:30 to get over by 6 was a complete waste of my time. Hey let's look on the bright side, it's a good job I did though because

What you FAILED to say was that I'm working until Sunday this week even though you knew this fact last week and never mentioned it. Do you think that I have no plans for the weekend I might need to rearrange? I don't see you very often available at weekends so why are you assuming it's okay for me to work at the drop of a hat?

What you FAILED to say was that I'm overnighting all week. And how did you expect me to wash, change clothing or anything else in this time? Or I need to tell the wife I won't be around all week so anything planned will have to be put on hold?

You have now cost me extra fuel and time and hassle again because you FAILED to keep your staff informed. Tell me, if this is the way you wish to portray your professionalism to me, and this hasn't been the first time you've done this, why should I give a fuck? All of this could have very simply been avoided by you actually informing people. It's not rocket science now is it?

Person for hire. Someone please help get me out of this nightmare of ineptitude.

• Like 3

First day back at work after a wet, grey bank holiday weekend. Of course, this morning the sky is bright blue with nary a cloud to trouble it. And its warm. For absolute fuck sake.

• Like 3

That all sounds familiar. According to my calendar I have about 15 hours of work to do today. They phoned me about the straightforward job. The other two just appeared in my calendar, I have no idea what needs to be done.

Bloody English weather! I was up at 5am yesterday for a 2 hour train journey to the outskirts of Brighton to take part in the filming of the final scene of the film that my Saab is in and then drive it back home.

Drizzle and low cloud stopped them sending the drone camera up and they called the shoot off after 2 hours and they are rescheduling it. All we done was loads of static shots which to me was quite interesting. Drove the Saab home via Hastings and got snarled up in what seemed like the biggest motorcycle event ever,thousands of bikes and people every where.

Glad to get home and of course today the sun is shiining!

• Like 2

Plenty of people will drive closer or at you if you're driving a small car, either in the mistaken belief they can bully you out of the way or that you'll be more scared as you're in a little car.

Quite a few of them shit out if you just keep on going, it's like a mental game of chicken with them. 

I've been telling myself I'm being paranoid, but going from a 5 series to a Ka I was sure I was seeing a difference in the way people behave! And why does everyone seem intent on 'racing' me now?

• Like 3

'Completely Anonymous' Employee Surveys which arrive with a 'unique to you' URL and are mandatory to fill in

Call me paranoid, but I'm doubting the complete anonymity here...

binned

'Completely Anonymous' Employee Surveys which arrive with a 'unique to you' URL and are mandatory to fill in

binned

"On a scale of 1 to 5 with one being the lowest how do you rate work?"

"On a scale of 1 to 5 with one being the lowest how do you rate work?"

Work is fine. It's the weak management where I work that pisses me off.

• Like 1

We had the work survey forms when I worked for a company with yellow trucks, and who also deliver parcels to your door. Everyone I knew filled them in as bad as possible as we were all hacked off with the way us drivers were treated. Surprisingly when the results where published the drivers reviews were outstanding, plus 4 more questionnaires had been completed than there were drivers.....go figure. 

• Like 3

I am not filling it in as part of a brilliant* sting operation, if I get pursued by anyone for not completing it I shall say A-HA!  How do you know I've not if it is completely anonymous?!

And they will be left red-faced and defeated

Or will be like "just fill the in the form dickhead" and then i'll be like "OK"

I've been telling myself I'm being paranoid, but going from a 5 series to a Ka I was sure I was seeing a difference in the way people behave! And why does everyone seem intent on 'racing' me now?

Dunno but I have surprised a few people in my Puma :)

A place I used to work has been getting a (richly deserved) slating on Glassdoor.

Insiders and recent leavers report marketing has e-mailed everyone demanding positive reviews to counter all the bad ones and game their scores back to something reasonable.

TV schedules aren't different on Bank Holidays any more. Put the telly on when we got in a while ago expecting something slightly watchable, only to be greeted by Chris-fucking-Packham on The One Show.

Bank Holiday telly used to be like a mini Christmas.

Good point.  I mainly listen to the radio - yesterday it was really like Christmas - a lot of pre-recorded stuff, all the usual slots filled by stand-ins.

I have been slightly mulling at shitefest,as I don't really fit in with the Honda clubs format of hold event,then spend all day riding 100 miles,brief return to camp field,then do same again,after riding for 5 hrs to get there I just want a beer,food,and to talk bollocks with lunatics.

I much prefer shitefest meets. I had noticed the little cliques in the Honda group. It was a case of if you wasnt in the 'in' crowd then you had no hope. At shitefest everyone just muddles along. I was made to feel very welcome.
  • Like 3

I don't think my problem is solely down to my job tbh, I think it's more a case of being generally down all together.

I think the only thing that will drag me out of this is more american car retail therapy!

+1 :)  Maybe we should do something about it instead of just tickling the ebay thread...

• Like 1

Boot lid of my car has got water spots all over it and I can't get them out. Not happy.

Had that on my S Type. Meguiars 1-2-3 did the trick. 1 is a cleaner that takes out bonded contaminants, 2 is a polish and 3 is carnobby wax. I don't think the stuff is marketed with the number system anymore, but I think you can get the same stuff(s) in different bottles.

EDIT: Looking at the Halfords site, 1 is now called Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, 2 is called Meguiar's Deep Crystal Car Polish and 3 is now named Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnauba Car Wax.

+1 :)  Maybe we should do something about it instead of just tickling the ebay thread...

I'm well up for it Eddy if you are! Be a good trip if nothing else. That black Pontiac in Germany is still sounding good...

• Like 2

At shitefest everyone just muddles along. I was made to feel very welcome.

This may well be not entirely unrelated to the fact that you are a top bloke, Daryl.

• Like 1

My god I think customer service is dead, mrs fp rung our local dacia dealer earlier to purchase a towbar loom for her dad's duster, they were busy so took her number and we're going to call her back, guess what no call so 3 hours later tries them, no one picks up, so we popped down to order it, while we were waiting a cheery driver from a tyre company was dropping a tyre off, the guy at the service desk with a right attitude accepted the tyre then tried to rip strips off him for bringing it into parts and not goods in, the driver looked at the guy and took the tyre back from behind the desk and told him in a polite manner to learn how to talk to people and walked out with it, 10 minutes later an angry looking manager type came around with the driver and asked who it was, I did tell the manager looking man how disgusted I was by the unprofessional approach and the unnecessary attitude to the driver, I had a bit of a laugh with the driver after he was a really nice chap.

Called in on my day off again. Heading down the M6 to Manchester soon. My beer in the fridge survives another week- it's gonna be out of date at this rate.

binned

We have an ace thing at work where you're supposed to fill in a 'near miss' type thing in on the computer on a frequent basis. It's all 'anonymous' and 'nobody will know who put the form in' yet we get the occasional visit from our gaffer telling us to put them in as he knows our department haven't done it. I just keep asking how he knows we haven't if it's anonymous, then an argument starts and I say that I have knowing full well they can't say I haven't!

Woman hits Mrs P's two week old car from behind in traffic. Scratches and a deep gouge but no serious damage.

Woman sees Mrs P getting out of her car, backs up and speeds off. Mrs P gets the plate but it's not insured. That's the second time we have been hit by an uninsured driver. Nice to know people can afford 15 plate Binis but obviously can't afford the insurance so don't bother. I thought ANPR was supposed to cut down this fucking racket?

Another £100+ I don't have for Chipsaway. Fucksticks.

Plus I had a works lunch and the restaurant kept fucking up my order which annoys me intensely. Tuna salad ain't hard to do and it certainly isn't Lamb cutlets or Tuscan Sausage which I apparently ordered according to rude waiter.

I could fill these pages all on my own with things that annoy me about other drivers, but my particular grump recently is this, when you pull out of a junction, and the car you pull out infront of deliberately accelerates right up behind you to make an issue out of it, whereas if they'd maintained their original course and velocity they'd have been nowhere near you.

Fortunately today, being nice weather and all, I already had the window down so I was able to extend arm and give him the finger in one fluid motion

The carpet stuff just above the pedals in the Fiesta has been falling down for weeks after someone fitted a fan bypass switch.

Fixed it today by moving a clip after I'd just parked up in town.

Started up a few hours later and the car fills with smoke. I shit it but no flames so I drive off home.

Dig at home and find the switch has melted. Maybe I'd touched the wires when putting all back together

post-17845-0-10989400-1462299304_thumb.jpg

Still seems to work

After 10 years of working for a little company who pretty much had the freedom to do what we wanted we've been bought and the new owners starting to enforce their corporate policies on us. One of which is no access to the internet. That's right I'm a software developer and I'm not allowed access to the largest free  knowledge base in the world on the off chance I visit Facebook or look on the bbc news website. Give me strength. 98% of a software developers job is downloading code of the internet so productivity is going to go down about 140%.

I could fill these pages all on my own with things that annoy me about other drivers, but my particular grump recently is this, when you pull out of a junction, and the car you pull out infront of deliberately accelerates right up behind you to make an issue out of it, whereas if they'd maintained their original course and velocity they'd have been nowhere near you.

Fortunately today, being nice weather and all, I already had the window down so I was able to extend arm and give him the finger in one fluid motion

I have the opposite grump at the moment.....people in side roads not paying attention.

If I am trundling in heavy traffic and see someone ahead waiting to get out I will slow a little and create a gap for them to pull into. This is a fucking moot point if they are fiddling with their telephone or generally gawping all around them everywhere except the fucking road they want to drive on. By the time they notice its always too late and no, I will not then stop to let them out anyway as that has knock-on effects to the traffic behind me.

Or the bellends who pull out in front of me as I approach at 90kph even though the road behind me is fucking empty.