Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

2 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

rear wiper blade from Euro Car Parts that doesn't actually fit

Nobody was shocked. It's probably a front wiper blade for a Ford Capri.

Still, Maybe that's a sign they're slowly improving, Usually if you order a rear wiper blade at ECP, somebody comes through handing you an exhaust backbox for a Corsa.

Just watched the potted history of the 2CV.

Gave me an idea.

With enough money build your own version with the bits you like the most.

For me suicide doors, More luxurious seating, larger engine with disc brakes , early steering wheel and the 1960s speedo with wonky lines and numbering. early rear lamps, with LEDs to make them brighter. 12 volt electrics.

Just watched the Speaker upgrade upgrade video.

The issue with no rear screen wash is that the motor on the pump has  broken.  Or power from the circuit has failed. I understand it turns one direction for the front and the other for the rear.

Before pulling the pump and risk disturbing the seals, I'd just disconnect the plug and stick a meter or test light in the terminals and see if it's getting voltage when activating front/rear washer.  The pumps are relatively cheap. Accesses could be troublesome. Checking for voltage/pump replacement could give you some video content.

If the washer jets are the same as Peugeots then they are not adjustable.

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Just watched the Speaker upgrade upgrade video.

The issue with no rear screen wash is that the motor on the pump has  broken.  Or power from the circuit has failed. I understand it turns one direction for the front and the other for the rear.

Before pulling the pump and risk disturbing the seals, I'd just disconnect the plug and stick a meter or test light in the terminals and see if it's getting voltage when activating front/rear washer.  The pumps are relatively cheap. Accesses could be troublesome. Checking for voltage/pump replacement could give you some video content.

If the washer jets are the same as Peugeots then they are not adjustable.

I put a new washer pump on it 3 years ago, genuine one as well. It's be very surprised if it's broken. 

To get rear wash it's just the polarity of the motor changes, so if the fronts working, the rear should be working too, I suspect the problems elsewhere.  The one motor does both front and back and the one tank feeds both screens. 

I think I mostly can't be arsed to do anything about it, though that might change once the weather gets grim again. So far, I've mostly driven this car in sunshine - being very glad of the twin sunvisors. Sorting the tailgate struts (or at least making a 'temporary' prop) is a higher priority.

I have replaced the rear wiper blade. The Euro Car Parts one will become a 'free' blade for side windows and the like. Ebay purchase blade fits a treat and is slightly smaller. Doesn't properly click into the arm, but meh.

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

I think I mostly can't be arsed to do anything about it, though that might change once the weather gets grim again. So far, I've mostly driven this car in sunshine - being very glad of the twin sunvisors. Sorting the tailgate struts (or at least making a 'temporary' prop) is a higher priority.

I have replaced the rear wiper blade. The Euro Car Parts one will become a 'free' blade for side windows and the like. Ebay purchase blade fits a treat and is slightly smaller. Doesn't properly click into the arm, but meh.

You will be keeping it that long? It must be a good car.

Yesterday, I gave the MAF a clean with some iffy stuff I bought on Ebay years ago. Tried it on the Primera and not a lot changed, but while it could easily be placebo effect, I'm sure the C5 now feels a bit more sprightly and seems to boost harder. Not ready for the drag strip yet, but if it's a free fix, I'm going to take it.

Still persevering with steadily ruining the 2CV, but after the first coat of paint, I realised I need to rub it all back and use some filler to get everything smooth. Filler ordered.