Jump to content

Euro tat thread vol 1


loserone

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

Can’t let this click onto page 2 without a Renner 14. These are inexplicably heading up in value. 

IMG_4361.jpeg.e02228b727053a795d6ebc7caf651b38.jpeg

Department 13 sounds like a 60's Lew Grade TV Series - it's actually Provence...

So 'Toujours less rust en Provence'.

Gael looks like the young hipster who owns this  kind of stuff these days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought this would be a very limited appeal 'special interest' thread. How wrong i was!

Now i just have to sell the idea of exploring Sicily and Italy in a Maltese shitbox to Mrs Chodweaver, and our 2025 holiday is assured...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve always liked an early Passat - and here’s one 

image.jpeg.46c5cbcaaadb9df97340193b4fa0c4be.jpeg

1700 euros. About 10 minutes drive from the wife’s family home in Finland. 

I could sell the Ronal alloys on it and it would be virtually cost neutral. 

FFS, I was perfectly happy with my life until all this overseas collection bollox started and now I can’t stop looking at shit cars all over Europe. 

My wife asked me what I was spending so much time doing - to which the only sensible answer was ‘nothing’…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rusty_vw_man said:

I’ve always liked an early Passat - and here’s one 

image.jpeg.46c5cbcaaadb9df97340193b4fa0c4be.jpeg

1700 euros. About 10 minutes drive from the wife’s family home in Finland. 

I could sell the Ronal alloys on it and it would be virtually cost neutral. 

FFS, I was perfectly happy with my life until all this overseas collection bollox started and now I can’t stop looking at shit cars all over Europe. 

My wife asked me what I was spending so much time doing - to which the only sensible answer was ‘nothing’…..

Researching foreign holidays?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rusty_vw_man said:

 

until all this overseas collection bollox started

pun - ding!!!!!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, loserone said:

After the excitement of @Mr_Bo11ox's Simca collection thread, let's see the finest examples of eurotat ready for us to bring back from our holibobs.  Go!

What are the rules of this game? I’m on an island closer to France than to England, there’s a quantity of cheap old yad comes up now and then, but if LHD is the prerequisite then that screws that up. 

whatevs, have a Toymotor Pickernick for five hunnert Jersey pound notes. 

IMG_4368.jpeg.71a3469d1d061f13f028d5c0c04d92d7.jpeg

IMG_4367.jpeg.e5b235e10714f2f17fe4d76bb128bc54.jpeg

IMG_4366.jpeg.a41a5e16786bb77140dd504c360de9f0.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/share/7a2BhfqcUjCx5mXd/?mibextid=79PoIi

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

What are the rules of this game? I’m on an island closer to France than to England, there’s a quantity of cheap old yad comes up now and then, but if LHD is the prerequisite then that screws that up. 

whatevs, have a Toymotor Pickernick for five hunnert Jersey pound notes. 

IMG_4368.jpeg.71a3469d1d061f13f028d5c0c04d92d7.jpeg

IMG_4367.jpeg.e5b235e10714f2f17fe4d76bb128bc54.jpeg

IMG_4366.jpeg.a41a5e16786bb77140dd504c360de9f0.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/share/7a2BhfqcUjCx5mXd/?mibextid=79PoIi

Whoooopps

So what are the tax, import duty etc implications of buying your spectacularly bland vanilla sorbet car and getting it to Kent? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, grizz said:

Whoooopps

So what are the tax, import duty etc implications of buying your spectacularly bland vanilla sorbet car and getting it to Kent? 

It’s been a while since I’ve done it in either direction but the uk import side of things will basically be the same as what MBO 110X is dealing with, the export from here is supa easy and there’s no MOT in the equation so basically just get it on the boat, have the seller hand you the registration document and obtain a receipt from them (obv VAT is charged at 20% of whatever value is written on it).

Whether your old crock of choice is capable of passing a UK roadworthiness test, is another matter entirely. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, grizz said:

So what are the tax, import duty etc implications of buying your spectacularly bland vanilla sorbet car and getting it to Kent? 

The biggest problem of that would be having a car in Kent, which is as useless as it being in Portugal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No individual link yet, but a game of Geoguessr with a couple of mates via Discord this evening revealed a place with ENORMOUS chod-potential - Serbia.  I thought we'd gone back in time to about 1993 given the amount of Yugos, Ladas, Dacias, early Golfs, Citroens, Fiats and more on show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...