Kitten kapers

doug

1 hour ago, strangeangel said:

Excellent purchase, will be following the thread with interest. Tagging @djimbob as he likes a good Plastic Pig!

I really do, I have done "unusual" mods to these before now which would cause the purists to have a proper meltdown, not sure I have any pictorial evidence, shame really :)

My next door neighbour had one of these when I was little in a sort of caramel colour on a P plate. My abiding memory of it is staring up at it from the floor as a UR Audi Quattro runs over my foot, lands itself in the rear of the kitten (oof) and pushes it up on to the path into next door’s garden wall as my dad runs after it in a desperate bid to stop it. He’d borrowed his friend’s Audi, whose handbrake cable had snapped and I’d asked could I go and start the car as we were going out and he forgot it was in gear...

Still, it lived on as a few years later I remember the door literally falling off it and my neighbour fitting a white one and then brush painting it the correct shade of caramel. Even aged about 8 I remember thinking how terrible it looked.

I can still remember its farty exhaust note. When presumably it was too far gone it was replaced with a beige Skoda 105!

As the former owner of four Kittens: XGE223S, SLM 151W & LTF 662X (and anther one I can't remember the registration of) Well bought!

4566855672_bbe6285763_c.jpg

SLM151W 001 by E Honda, on Flickr

4566646456_35797a7565_c.jpg

LTF662X 001 by E Honda, on Flickr

SLM151W became I Tempest after I sold it.

4571126933_6e69bfec12.jpg

SLM151W Now as Tempest by E Honda, on Flickr

Also ended up scrapping a Fox in the early 2000s.

Priority would be joining the Kitten Register. http://www.kitreg.org.uk/membership.htm I'm eternally grateful to all the help, advice and assistance I've received from Brian over the years. Despite not having a Kitten anymore, I'm still a member and have been for something like 27 years (although they may have been the odd lapse of membership during hard times)

I'd love one of these at some stage as they have all the right small car style and design cues that I like, these days despite looking favourably towards car modifications I'm actually more drawn in by the rarity of a standard one , but still appreciate the creativity involved with the better bike powered spaceframe ones of course.