eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

11 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

Would have expected the reg to start with Y (Yorkshire) not V (Worcester ) if it came from Eric. Wonder if you can even get a starter motor for one.

EDIT, ECP and GSF say no for the starter motor but there's one on eBay for £185 if there's any brave shiters out there.

Probably cheaper to get it repaired, whose eng/box is in these?

12 hours ago, morrisoxide said:

Cool.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.054ab3cbf467ba913966104237419be3.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.04dcaa68b5bccab787188dddf63347b3.jpg

What happened to warrant a sign that big?

Shame the current owner is threatening to cut it down into a pickup if it doesn't sell. Turns out it was converted in the 1940s for a Devon landlord to transport his darts team! Looks like it must have sat in storage for some time after he'd finished with it. 

Screenshot_20240108_085440_Flickr.thumb.jpg.1005abb78c5a2c2036748d89d8edb2f9.jpg

20 hours ago, meggersdog said:

Two thousand nine hundred quid?

When I saw the picture I immediately assumed five figures.

I'm sure it has issues, rust and all the rest of it but my god, what an absolutely gorgeous car. Yes I can see it's had a blow-over and there's overspray all over the rad.

It must have blown people's minds in the Seventies. Imagine driving a Morris Oxford and seeing this, you'd have thought aliens had invaded.

I'm having impure thoughts about this, and yes I know you can't get parts for it and it'll need rotor seals blah blah blah.

If @Schaefft or @HMC had any balls they'd be low-loadering this by now (this is a joke to provoke a reaction, by the way).

42 minutes ago, grogee said:

I'm sure it has issues, rust and all the rest of it but my god, what an absolutely gorgeous car. Yes I can see it's had a blow-over and there's overspray all over the rad.

It must have blown people's minds in the Seventies. Imagine driving a Morris Oxford and seeing this, you'd have thought aliens had invaded.

I'm having impure thoughts about this, and yes I know you can't get parts for it and it'll need rotor seals blah blah blah.

If @Schaefft or @HMC had any balls they'd be low-loadering this by now (this is a joke to provoke a reaction, by the way).

Absolutely not opposed to owning a rotary but since I'm usually avoiding things older than late 80s it would have to be in the form of a Eunos Cosmo (the '89 up one), which naturally would be even more of a liability.

2 hours ago, grogee said:

I bought a mint condition Dinky Toys version of this, complete with working lights, when I was a kid. Same colour too. It was one of my favourite diecast for years and it always seemed a super modern design even though it was an old model. It was years until I eventually got to see a full-size example on the metal. Still an attractive design today.

The one above seems damn cheap for a running, low owner car. As you say, just needs a V8 swap and it to make its way to the westcountry 😉.

29 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

image.thumb.png.9ac60c8fdbf8464e671fac86a6756d83.png

1982 Leyland Leopard/Willowbrook Warrior | Ideal for Conversion | eBay

If it helps you buy it, Leyland Leopard is an anagram of 'anally deplored'.

I must be getting old - there was a time when I would have just bought that and driven it home, cracked brake shoe and all.  I imagine it must GLF with the TL11 engine and a body made largely of cornflakes.